Thailand to boost labour skills for AEC 2015

webfact

Thailand to boost labour skills for AEC 2015
By Digital Content

14048938383783.jpg

BANGKOK, July 9 -- The Ministry of Labour is set to upgrade Thai labour skills to gear up for the upcoming ASEAN Economic Community 2015.

Permanent-secretary for Labour Jirasuk Sugandhajati presided over the “Wake up Worker” event organised on Wednesday in Bangkok as an effort to improve the quality of Thai workers, which make up the majority of the people in the country.

It was also considered as preparation for the AEC 2015, when there would be a free flow of labour in the Southeast Asian region.

The labour ministry aimed to improve four areas of Thai labour, including languages, especially English, technology, specific skills, and preparation for working in cross-cultural environments.

The improvement would be carried out by organising high technology-based training programmes and developing a national labour skills standards system.

Meanwhile, Thai Health Promotion Foundation (THPF), in collaboration with the Labour Ministry, and the Thai Federation on Logistics, developed an ASEAN language translation application for smartphones called “Application Happy Talk”, consisting of 10 ASEAN languages and Chinese. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-09

I remember reading this almost exact story two years ago.

We are still in the "we are going to" stage. I suspect if and when AEC does finally kick off. We will still be reading this same article. To bad for Thailand , getting into the race with only a few laps to go, you will never win.

I remember reading this almost exact story two years ago.

We are still in the "we are going to" stage. I suspect if and when AEC does finally kick off. We will still be reading this same article. To bad for Thailand , getting into the race with only a few laps to go, you will never win.

With the way Thailand seems to function/not function can it sincerely expect to win anything?

Yet another fine example of 'Band Aid''' philosophy.

Such schemes take some years before tangible results are actually seen.

No doubt David Copperfield has been or will be hired as the Labour Ministrys teams consultant in the art of magical moves.

Edited by siampolee

developed an ASEAN language translation application for smartphones called Application Happy Talk, consisting of 10 ASEAN languages and Chinese.

Just as well, because Thai industry can no longer depend only on the earlier hugely successful application called "Application Happy Ending".

Thailand reminds me a bit of Brazil. One month to go before the world cup, and we are still working to get six stadiums ready for the event. And how long did they have to plan for this? And what exactly is this brainiac Permanent-secretary for Labour Jirasuk Sugandhajati doing to promote labor skills besides jaw boning? Advanced technical institutes paid for entirely by the state? Or?

Obviously if he thinks there will be free flow of labor in 2015 then he hasn't read the AEC Blueprint or the ASEAN Framework Agreement in the Trade in Services (AFAS) with associated schedules to see what Thailand has agreed to. None of the ASEAN countries agreed to let labor move freely as if there are no borders. The only thing free in this story is the imagination of the writer.

thais are very talented and skilled,i have seen some of the best welding and body work from a shop in the jungle .i also saw a bar girl make a swan ffrom a drinking straw once..''.serously''....if thais had a glimmer of HOPE,im sure this country would flourish...but 300bt for a 12 hour day,is not much to strive for...start at the grassroots...the skill if here,they just need the insentive..

thais are very talented and skilled,i have seen some of the best welding and body work from a shop in the jungle .i also saw a bar girl make a swan ffrom a drinking straw once..''.serously''....if thais had a glimmer of HOPE,im sure this country would flourish...but 300bt for a 12 hour day,is not much to strive for...start at the grassroots...the skill if here,they just need the insentive..

And i bet she didn't have to use her hands to make it either

Sure, can be achieved in just 6 month. coffee1.gif

I think I read that the AEC will be in place END of 2015.

If so, we have three times as much time left to wake up. Time enough for coffee1.gif