Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market

webfact

How cowardly does it get. I wonder if the terrorists are celebrating themselves as real men today? And they think God is going to reward them for that? How ridiculously misguided religious zealots are. RIP the poor young Girls.

I don't think Thai people understand cowardice - it is just the norm; heroism only celebrated to use as a comparison to brag about oneself. LOS - Land of Self. Of course in this case there will be the usual distancing of Thai nationality from 'suspected separatists'.

How people who carry out such heinous crimes can live with themselves afterwards I shudder to think.

So pointless!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by timewilltell

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

The murdering scum may not be Thai.

Those are not Thai people. They are in what once was the sultanate of Pattani.

During the reign of Rhamkhanmen, it was annexed by force and became part of Thailand. All the inhabitants of Pattani were, and are, Muslims, with customs and language different from Thai. That is the genesis of the violence in the South.

Even if technically they are Thai by birth they do not consider themselves Thai.

That violence is nothing new. Nowadays in this Media saturated world we hear more frequently about it.

It cannot end nor be attenuated until Thainess morphs and becomes less nationalistic and accepts compromise over the stubbornness of losing face.

Sort of: business is bad in the store: let's raise the prices!

Who are the ''real'' Thais that you allude to?

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your are the one who introduced the qualifier "real".

If you know Thai history encompassing the last 900 hundred years, you would know the answer. Do your own research and find the answer. Why ask me?

I never wrote real: you did.

• Like 1

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

During the reign of Rhamkhanmen, it was annexed by force and became part of Thailand. All the inhabitants of Pattani were, and are, Muslims, with customs and language different from Thai. That is the genesis of the violence in the South.

Even if technically they are Thai by birth they do not consider themselves Thai.

That violence is nothing new. Nowadays in this Media saturated world we hear more frequently about it.

It cannot end nor be attenuated until Thainess morphs and becomes less nationalistic and accepts compromise over the stubbornness of losing face.

At this stage, with no evidence of other motives, I assume the killers believe they are attacking symbols of the Thai State; cruel terrorism.

There have been polls in the deep South where the majority local Muslim population do identify themselves as Thai nationals, but want more say in local governance, not seperation from the Thai State. The small minoirty, armed militants, follow a different agendas and uncoordinated across the different groups, with the outcomes they are seeking.

In Pattaya I know a number of Muslims, Thai born, they all identify themselves as proudly Thai.

Edited by simple1

We don't really know who they are but if they are separatists they probably don't think of themselves as Thai anyway.

You think this is bad now? wait till their numbers increase.

Or if they get too impatient, then targeting tourists to make their point.

Think they wouldn't or that the police and army are competent enough to stop them?

now wouldnt that be interesting to see how the government or the army would react if tourists became targets, the fear of losing tourist dollars would be overwhelming.

Maybe thats the reason why tourists are not targeted, thru fear of army becoming aggressive

rip young ladies

No doubt subscribers to the religion of peace...

Religion (all varieties) is the greatest evil that exists in the world - even the more benign religions require a faith in things that are scientifically and logically impossible. We are the makers of our own destiny and not some person in the sky!

• Like 1

You think this is bad now? wait till their numbers increase.

Or if they get too impatient, then targeting tourists to make their point.

Think they wouldn't or that the police and army are competent enough to stop them?

now wouldnt that be interesting to see how the government or the army would react if tourists became targets, the fear of losing tourist dollars would be overwhelming.

Maybe thats the reason why tourists are not targeted, thru fear of army becoming aggressive

rip young ladies

What's stopping them from going up to Bangkok and doing this? This could turn into what the Russians had to deal with in Moscow with the Chechnya separatists.

The Thai army should go in and ferret out these folks as they come up on 7,000 dead in the Thai south , tens of thousands injured, maimed and disrupted. They shoot innocent young woman from behind while just walking. They must be punks and wouldn't fight back if challenged. The Thai army should focus its attention on this conflict in the Thai south.

Totally outrageous and sickening. Time for the Junta to simply step in and start kicking their butts with massive sweeps. Shut down completely those three Providences. After how many years has this gone on? Time to end it. No talking. Talking time is over. These are purely murders of the worse kind.

• Like 1

This kind of news coming from South Thailand makes me angry like nothing else can...makes me think that the old vigilantes were on to something when they took the law into their own hands and killed the scum that threatened their families...

Edited by ggt

Those separatists are such brave men, sneaking up on two unarmed, unsuspecting girls and shooting them in the back of the head.

This is sickening. Their so-called more moderate co-religionists know who they are, just as in similar cases in other countries. Will they hand them over? Not a chance.

Deepest sympathy to the families

A horrible crime to be sure but one wonders about how quickly the motive appears to be known and reported prior to anyone even being apprehended.

Who cares about the motive ? murder is murder. I wish people would stop calling these thugs,who have also killed children,separatists as if trying to lend some legitimacy to their actions,they are terrorists who murder indiscriminately.

• Like 2

I can't imagine as a parent having to deal with the terrorism that occurs almost daily in the south. Incidents as this, burned and beheaded bodies. It is tragic beyond description.

However, the easy and knee jerk reaction is to blame all Muslims. It's not the solution. The same situation existed in the Philippines for decades. A solution was found and an agreement was reached. I don't know the solution but there must be serious negotiations to try to bring an end to the carnage. Too many innocent, people both Buddhist and Muslim, have died.

• Like 1

Who are the ''real'' Thais that you allude to?

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your are the one who introduced the qualifier "real".

If you know Thai history encompassing the last 900 hundred years, you would know the answer. Do your own research and find the answer. Why ask me?

I never wrote real: you did.

I did not qualify at all. You seem to miss the point-''Those are not Thai people'' is a qualification. Using your reasoning process (a period of 900 years): No Americans are American, no Aussies are Australian and we could go on ad infinitum

If they should die during such acts, then they attain martyrdom and immediate access to heaven and the 27 virgins. Some version of AlQ'ran mentions 70 virgins.

Yeh, but all look like Susan Boyle

Good job disrespecting both these poor young women and a talented if homely singer in a few words. You're no doubt handsome, talented, and/or engaged in difficult work that helps others. No doubt.

• Like 1

The Thai army should go in and ferret out these folks as they come up on 7,000 dead in the Thai south , tens of thousands injured, maimed and disrupted. They shoot innocent young woman from behind while just walking. They must be punks and wouldn't fight back if challenged. The Thai army should focus its attention on this conflict in the Thai south.

Currently around 150,000 Thai security forces in the deep South

Edited by simple1

Two Thai men with guns to kill two unarmed females, those guys must have a lot of courage...NOT

And the TAT expect tourist numbers to increase in the second half of 2014? Me not think so bah.gif

where are the people coming out in the Israel/Hamas thread?

How is this different???

Thailand has "occupied" muslim land "just like in Israel/Palestine"

Anybody who accepts/supports Hamas launching rockets MUST accept that these muslims in the south have the same right to shoot these girls, as they are NOT civilians they ARE occupiers.

Or is it that Thais have the right to fight fire with fire when fanatics target innocent civilians, but JEWS do not have that right?????

Thailand did not occupy, these small states were under British rule and conceded to Thailand. There is a big difference.

Thais too naive to think Muslims will bow to a non muslim leader / king. They need to watch what real islam is within the ISIS videos.