Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market

webfact

There is no excuse for this of course. There is also no reason for this. But when pointing fingers at the people in the south and saying why are you inciting violence and calling for separation lets not forget the Thai governments treatment of that area, and the over all opinion of 'Thai' people concerning the population of those three provinces, and of course any foreigners. As far as what could push Thai people to murder? By observation murder is about two sour smiles from disappointment and anger.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot 7/7 in London, plus maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more, but you and I know this stuff, the excuser who have not been affected is in my opinion a shit head. Sorry..

It's people like you that shouted "Muslims!" when they heard about the Oklahoma bombing.

I am more than aware of muslim terrorist bombings, given that I live in the Arab World.

Tell me about the Oklahoma bombing. So not me, I know nothing of the details, please tell...?

Google it. Perhaps a little education will stop you posting drivel.

But you are right. Technically it could be a business dispute where two school women (hope that expression is ok?) were shot in the head at a local market for all their shady after school business dealings. It could also be that the shooters deliberately used the MO of the muslim terrorists, to divert blame, instead of using the usual method in business disputes and kill them in some field or dark alley or similar where noone sees it and noone will ever find out.

In fact, thinking about it, I think the 7000 or so murders down south over the past 10 years have nothing to do with the muslim terrorists, they just have a whole lot of business disputes in the south :-)

Being fatuous is not clever, perhaps someone should have taught you that when you were at school. At 29 years of age.

biggrin.png

You forgot 7/7 in London, plus maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more, but you and I know this stuff, the excuser who have not been affected is in my opinion a shit head. Sorry..

It's people like you that shouted "Muslims!" when they heard about the Oklahoma bombing.

I am more than aware of muslim terrorist bombings, given that I live in the Arab World.

Tell me about the Oklahoma bombing. So not me, I know nothing of the details, please tell...?

Google it. Perhaps a little education will stop you posting drivel.

Just want your explanation, you can comeback with drivel, I don't mind ........thumbsup.gif

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

The murdering scum may not be Thai.

Those are not Thai people. They are in what once was the sultanate of Pattani.

During the reign of Rhamkhanmen, it was annexed by force and became part of Thailand. All the inhabitants of Pattani were, and are, Muslims, with customs and language different from Thai. That is the genesis of the violence in the South.

Even if technically they are Thai by birth they do not consider themselves Thai.

That violence is nothing new. Nowadays in this Media saturated world we hear more frequently about it.

It cannot end nor be attenuated until Thainess morphs and becomes less nationalistic and accepts compromise over the stubbornness of losing face.

Sort of: business is bad in the store: let's raise the prices!

At this stage, with no evidence of other motives, I assume the killers believe they are attacking symbols of the Thai State; cruel terrorism.

There have been polls in the deep South where the majority local Muslim population do identify themselves as Thai nationals, but want more say in local governance, not seperation from the Thai State. The small minoirty, armed militants, follow a different agendas and uncoordinated across the different groups, with the outcomes they are seeking.

In Pattaya I know a number of Muslims, Thai born, they all identify themselves as proudly Thai.

PATTAYA ???

555 Your subconscious is betraying you. The issue is violence in the South, in Pattani.

During the reign of Rhamkhanmen, it was annexed by force and became part of Thailand. All the inhabitants of Pattani were, and are, Muslims, with customs and language different from Thai. That is the genesis of the violence in the South.

Even if technically they are Thai by birth they do not consider themselves Thai.

That violence is nothing new. Nowadays in this Media saturated world we hear more frequently about it.

It cannot end nor be attenuated until Thainess morphs and becomes less nationalistic and accepts compromise over the stubbornness of losing face.

At this stage, with no evidence of other motives, I assume the killers believe they are attacking symbols of the Thai State; cruel terrorism.

There have been polls in the deep South where the majority local Muslim population do identify themselves as Thai nationals, but want more say in local governance, not seperation from the Thai State. The small minoirty, armed militants, follow a different agendas and uncoordinated across the different groups, with the outcomes they are seeking.

In Pattaya I know a number of Muslims, Thai born, they all identify themselves as proudly Thai.

PATTAYA ???

555 Your subconscious is betraying you. The issue is violence in the South, in Pattani.

Post removed to permit reply.

What? I lived amongst the Muslim community in Pattaya for four years. Just saying many accuse all Muslims of having the same thoughts and attitudes, a way of thinking that is prevalent on TV, that is untrue.

where are the people coming out in the Israel/Hamas thread?

How is this different???

Thailand has "occupied" muslim land "just like in Israel/Palestine"

Anybody who accepts/supports Hamas launching rockets MUST accept that these muslims in the south have the same right to shoot these girls, as they are NOT civilians they ARE occupiers.

Or is it that Thais have the right to fight fire with fire when fanatics target innocent civilians, but JEWS do not have that right?????

Thailand did not occupy, these small states were under British rule and conceded to Thailand. There is a big difference.

Thais too naive to think Muslims will bow to a non muslim leader / king. They need to watch what real islam is within the ISIS videos.

It's utter nonsense to call ISIS true Islam.

Allright, how do you propose islam is spreaded around? With flowers and convincing? They did exactly same during spread of Islam and ISIS is only following pure Islamic rules, so does Boko Haram. You may think Islam is peaceful or you don't care some idiologies of Islam but fact is fact. If you haven't read Quran, you have no idea what you're talking about so please don't.

• Like 1

But you are right. Technically it could be a business dispute where two school women (hope that expression is ok?) were shot in the head at a local market for all their shady after school business dealings. It could also be that the shooters deliberately used the MO of the muslim terrorists, to divert blame, instead of using the usual method in business disputes and kill them in some field or dark alley or similar where noone sees it and noone will ever find out.

In fact, thinking about it, I think the 7000 or so murders down south over the past 10 years have nothing to do with the muslim terrorists, they just have a whole lot of business disputes in the south :-)

Being fatuous is not clever, perhaps someone should have taught you that when you were at school. At 29 years of age.

biggrin.png

I think you will find quite a few people still in school at 29 in developed countries. Of course, you probably won't find any in many muslim countries, seeing that schools are frequently attacked by muslim terrorists - I mean business men :-)

• Like 1

@Jacky54: To quote you "Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence". You then go on to say it's not bad people but ideology. Ideology, true enough manipulated by "bad people", mostly based upon sectarianism. Is not the real underlying reason for Muslim violence to try and gain political power for minority extremist groups or retain power in the case of Islamic dictatorships.

As you know there are many hadiths and verses in the Koran that talk to the paths to peace, the extremists and dictators choose to not follow, for self-serving reasons.

Really, ones that are not superceeded by later ones, lets have them all then!

Sometimes I wish, the crowd has more bravery and heroism.

Many times, a few cowards, dare to cause chaos in society, only because good men do nothing. I have nothing to say if this was in the woods. But this is in a crowded market.

Next time, please, throw atleast a coconut at these 2 people. Stop chopping your pork legs, and throw the knife at these people. Do something, don't watch in fear.

So so sad,,what senseless and pointless killings of two young women.....

It's not pointless...it scares Buddhists away from the deep south.

Eventually the majority of them gets out.

Eventually the thai govt loses any legitimacy in those areas....then they also bolt out.

It's textbook tactics for the rebels.

Just like the Serbs lost legitimacy in Kosovo over a few decades with Albanians using the same low-life tactics. Then Americans bombed Serbs.

Same will happen to Thailand.

Good luck.

I'm going to catch hell for this remark but here goes. Thailand sends the full army to the south and gradually rounds up every Muslim and forces them into Malaysia or sends them on boats to the middle east. They love Allah so much they should appreciate living in a Muslim state. They can even go to Bahrain where strict Sharia Law is enforced. Let's see how they like that. Religious zealots who think their way is the only way have no place in this world.

Given that the vast majority of the population in the four southernmost provinces are ethnic Malay muslims might it not be better to 'retrieve' the Thai minority and hand Pattani and the rest back to Malaysia?

Sometimes I wish, the crowd has more bravery and heroism.

Many times, a few cowards, dare to cause chaos in society, only because good men do nothing. I have nothing to say if this was in the woods. But this is in a crowded market.

Next time, please, throw atleast a coconut at these 2 people. Stop chopping your pork legs, and throw the knife at these people. Do something, don't watch in fear.

I wonder if you have ever been around when a shooting started out of nowhere next to you? I have, and despite many nights dreaming of being a hero, it turned out that I ducked for cover so fast I was later impressed with my own reaction time. It also turned out my cover was made of plywood, but that was of little concern at the time. Untrained people like myself almost always panic and instinctively go in self defence mode.

Sure, later when you have time to reflect over what happened you wish you were the white knight who saved the virgin, but instinct is hard to beat.

Btw, no virgins were involved, just two thai guys having a disagreement. Noone died.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 2

Please install CCTV in every intersection and corner like they do in the UK and catch these killers. What kind of religious belief do u have by killing a innocent human being?!

How can you jump to such a conclusion with absolutely no evidence? Where is the evidence that shows that this has anything to do with religion? This could have just been a targeted murder from a business or personal dispute.

@Jacky54: To quote you "Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence". You then go on to say it's not bad people but ideology. Ideology, true enough manipulated by "bad people", mostly based upon sectarianism. Is not the real underlying reason for Muslim violence to try and gain political power for minority extremist groups or retain power in the case of Islamic dictatorships.

As you know there are many hadiths and verses in the Koran that talk to the paths to peace, the extremists and dictators choose to not follow, for self-serving reasons.

The Islamic world disputes the number of hadiths, estimates vary between 5000 - 10,000,. Usually its agreed around 5,000 'authentic' hadiths, that to this day are being added to by the Islamic community.. If you are that interested in supporting your POV, guess you could invest your time to sort through & interpret those that talk to peace / conflict or have relevance. I would think an impossible, subjective & never ending task given the conflicting interpretations and constant additions.

Edited by simple1

Religion poisons everything

Not every religion. No one is all good, but only a very very few are mostly bad!

Don't want to make this thread about religion, but I have seen this in so many places , so many times. The list of places and incidents is endless. I am sure you can come up with a couple of dozen right of the top of your head.

I am now 57 years old and it seem that as long as I can remember , if it is not in one place it is in an other.

I agree that religion is not the only motivating factor, and that not all religious people are bad . But it is a huge factor that separates people, and when religious people are bad , they are really bad.

It seem that for some people . when they think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is on their side, nothing they can do can possible be bad,

even walking up to a couple of innocent girls and shooting them on the head.

As a father of an eighteen year old daughter, It makes me sick to my stomach.

Religion Poisons everything,

I can not think of any human endeavor that it does not have a corrosive affect on .

Now I am sure you might want to make a list of all the good things that religion does,

but can you think of any of them that a non religious person or institution can not do?

I am sure you can not think of any.

Now think of some really bad things that only a religious person can do.I am sure you already thought of several.

i really wonder whats going on, in south thailand. What can push thai people to commit this senseless killing of innocent victims?

Hang on a minute! How long ago was it the sultanate of Pattani? How many people have been born, died, intermarried, moved in, moved out..so pisico thes people aren't Thai? Who was in power before the sultanate? India! So by your reckoning they're all really Indians from Kerala, does this mean they are technically at war with Ceylon????

Please, stop taking the drugs!! facepalm.gifwai.gif

The headline says:

"Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market"

The first couple of lines say they are college students. To me that is school girls - those girls (and boys) who usually run around in school uniforms. But yes, maybe we have different definitions, not sure why that matters anyway.

Yes, so they're not schoolgirls are they, they're adults.

It matters because adults are more likely to be involved in domestic or business disputes than schoolkids, which was the point you jumped on when you made your initial ill-informed remark, because you hadn't even bothered reading the article before you started shouting "MUSLIM TERRORISTS" at everyone.

rolleyes.gif

The innocent victims, please remember this is what they are, were students at a nursing college hospital. You can be a student at any age.

Now as they in a region where recently females have been target for murder by shooting and occasionally also setting on fire, and fit the criteria of being associated with the government in someway or wearing some form of uniform.

What do you consider more likely, that they were soft targets murdered by terrorists, both involved in a domestic dispute or both involved in a business dispute? Or do you believe that all 3 are possible explanations with the same degree of possibility and equally likely?

• Like 1

Religion poisons everything

Not every religion. No one is all good, but only a very very few are mostly bad!

Looking around, seems to me that all the major ones have a lot to answer for... By "major" I mean any that is the choice of the elites of a given society.

Those in power utilize religion as a tool to control and divide.

I am hard put to find examples that are mostly good.

After rethinking I'm forced to say, that I'm in total agreement with your post! Thank you!

If they should die during such acts, then they attain martyrdom and immediate access to heaven and the 27 virgins. Some version of AlQ'ran mentions 70 virgins.

Yeh, but all look like Susan Boyle

Good job disrespecting both these poor young women and a talented if homely singer in a few words. You're no doubt handsome, talented, and/or engaged in difficult work that helps others. No doubt.

I think we have uncovered a Susan Boyle fan club member

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

A hideous crime indeed but the 'good guys' here are doing their share as well. The reason why this 'stuff' is contained in the south and you don't see the same type of insurrection type activity in the rest of the country (and it's not because they can't afford to drive up to Bangkok) is because the authorities have had carte blanc for years to nip things in the bud.

The Islamic world disputes the number of hadiths, estimates vary between 5000 - 10,000,. Usually its agreed around 5,000 'authentic' hadiths, that to this day are being added to by the Islamic community.. If you are that interested in supporting your POV, guess you could invest your time to sort through & interpret those that talk to peace / conflict or have relevance. I would think an impossible, subjective & never ending task given the conflicting interpretations and constant additions.

So you cannot provide 10 or even one to support your defence of the indefensible, that's OK we understand how hard it is to be an apologist for a religion that causes so many deaths.

Wonder what they think they gain from targeting (student) nurses and teachers, how can that possibly help anyones cause ? Whatever they may think their cause is.

Two more senseless deaths of young ladies who would, had they lived, have done good for society.

They hope to gain terror and confusion and to discourage educated and skilled people and to force them to leave. Similar to what the Taliban want and try to do in Afghanistan, what Pol Pot wanted to do in Cambodia. Gorilla tactics at its worst

According to the terrorists themselves, they are not Thais but Malaysians.

They probably are Malaysians.