webfact

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jingthing,

>>I've got a MUST READ here for anyone who really wants to understand what makes Hamas tick and why Israel has no choice at all but to go after Hamas if they want to survive:

http://www.theatlant...s-wants/374656/

Well, Jeffery Goldberg would say that wouldn't he having fired at Palestinians himself while in the IDF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Goldberg

coffee1.gif  call it what it is, permanent displacement and systematic genocide of a people, it dosnt matter who it is happening to, Jew, Muslim, Christian or buddhist it is wrong. The fact it its happening and all peoples have a right to exist. Israel should after all thats happened to its people over the millennia understand persecution better than most. What they are doing is little better than has been done to them, it is undeniable and sickening.

The reason in a nutshell  ?

Natural gas fields off the coast of Gaza worth billions, Israel wants it and it belongs to the Palestinians 

levant-gas-map1-felicity.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/war-and-natural-gas-the-israeli-invasion-and-gaza-s-offshore-gas-fields/11680

Edited by Scott
map edited out
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28384924

In northern Israel's city of Haifa, protests both for and against the Gaza offensive were held. Both demonstrations attracted hundreds of participants.

There were also clashes between supporters and opponents of the ground operation in Tel Aviv, Israeli news website Haaretz reported.

_76393998_39d82771-f45f-4a81-9768-3c72c3

Israel has a population of about 8 million people. about 20% of them, or about 1.6 million are Muslims.

So your point is?

• Like 1

If I were in London, I'd be marching with them too

Yeah, we picked up on that.

It is amazing that it does not seem to bother the lefties one bit that the protests are fueled by anti-Semitic groups that want to wipe Israel off the map.

000_ARP3924221-2.jpg

• Like 1

In northern Israel's city of Haifa, protests both for and against the Gaza offensive were held. Both demonstrations attracted hundreds of participants.

There were also clashes between supporters and opponents of the ground operation in Tel Aviv, Israeli news website Haaretz reported.

Israel has a population of about 8 million people. about 20% of them, or about 1.6 million are Muslims.

So your point is?

It's wonderful to see that there is freedom of speech re the Gaza invasion ... in Tel Aviv.

And your point is?

Natural gas fields off the coast of Gaza natural-gas-the-israeli-invasion-and-gaza-s-offshore-gas-fields/11680[/url]

Another silly conspiracy theory. If Israel's true intention was to control any oil deposits the last thing it would have done is withdraw from Gaza.

The tragedy is that Israel did offer to be a client state for the oil which would have provided an ability for the Gaza and West Bank to finance a strong economy for an indepedent state, but Hamas - as usual - said NO.

Hamas refused to engage in any agreements with Israel, consistent with its previous policy of burning to the ground greenhouses that Israel built to feed the people of Gaza or how it threatened with death any Palestinian who talked of peace with Israel or tried to go to Israel to work. bah.gif 

Edited by Ulysses G.

So your point is?

It's wonderful to see that there is freedom of speech re the Gaza invasion ... in Tel Aviv.

And your point is?

You just made my point, thank you.

• Like 1

So your point is?

And your point is?

You just made my point, thank you.

I just wish I could speak Hebrew to read what the signs say.

Natural gas fields off the coast of Gaza natural-gas-the-israeli-invasion-and-gaza-s-offshore-gas-fields/11680[/url]

Another silly conspiracy theory. If Israel's true intention was to control any oil deposits the last thing it would have done is withdraw from Gaza.

The tragedy is that Israel did offer to be a client state for the oil which would have provided an ability for the Gaza and West Bank to finance a strong economy for an indepedent state, but Hamas - as usual - said NO.

Hamas refused to engage in any agreements with Israel, consistent with its previous policy of burning to the ground greenhouses that Israel built to feed the people of Gaza or how it threatened with death any Palestinian who talked of peace with Israel or tried to go to Israel to work. bah.gif 

Israel left Gaza purely because it was too costly for them in lives, $$, and bad publicity...as it will be again this time.

A map which has been posted numerous times has been deleted.   Please stay on topic, which is about the ground invasion.  

Why not open up a new topic that allows wider discussion on the issues that have caused the present conflict?

....Israel will wipe itself off the map when it absorbs all the Palestinians it is occupying.

Sounds an awful lot like wishful thinking. Israel will never "absorb" people that are their sworn enemies. 

As far as Israel getting out of Gaza "because it was too costly". Wouldn't the conspiracy theory about Israel coveting Gaza's oil deposits more than have covered it? You can't have it both ways.  rolleyes.gif 

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

So your point is?

Lefties will be lefties ,no matter what..coffee1.gif

Ad hominem attack. Desperate measures eh. The usual Israeli propaganda technique when the truth starts to hit a raw nerve.

....Israel will wipe itself off the map when it absorbs all the Palestinians it is occupying.

Sounds an awful lot like wishful thinking. Israel will never "absorb" people that are their sworn enemies. 

As far as Israel getting out of Gaza "because it was too costly". Wouldn't the conspiracy theory about Israel coveting Gaza's oil deposits more than have covered it? You can't have it both ways.  rolleyes.gif 

Well, what are they going to do with occupied Palestinians then? Israel will never have peace until they make their enemies their friends.

The plan is to prevent Gaza from becoming part of a nation, so that Israel can steal all the oil and gas. Gazan fishermen aren’t even allowed to feed their families because of the illegal Israeli blockade with Israeli gunboats killing them.

The plan is to prevent Gaza from becoming part of a nation, so that Israel can steal all the oil and gas.

This has gone on since long before any oil was discovered and - AGAIN - why would Israel have turned over control of Gaza to the Palestinians, if they intended to take their oil? Get those dishonest talking points straight or you are not going to fool anybody. biggrin.png Edited by Ulysses G.

Vinnie Kintana does not sound "Israeli" to me. Maybe he is not the one who is "desperate." All those dishonest Hamas talking points are falling flat laugh.png

Please try reading my post more carefully. Ad hominem attacks are a typical Israeli propaganda technique.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_diplomacy_(Israel)

I support the Palestinian cause, but I'm not Palestinian.

Ad hominem attacks are a typical Israeli propaganda technique.

Ad hominem attacks are "typical" of just about everyone on every side of every issue - including you. Trying to blame them on "Israel" just makes your argument seem foolish and backing it up with one of the most unreliable sources on the Internet doubles the effect. tongue.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

The plan is to prevent Gaza from becoming part of a nation, so that Israel can steal all the oil and gas.

This has gone on since long before any oil was discovered and - AGAIN - why would Israel have turned over control of Gaza to the Palestinians, if they intended to take their oil? Get those dishonest talking points straight or you are not going to fool anybody. biggrin.png

Try reading my post more carefully. If Israel prevents Gaza from becoming part of a nation, it gets to keep all the oil and gas for itself.

This invasion is all about achieving that goal... keep the conflict on the boil while Israel grabs more land, water and resources.

Abbas may be playing this more cannily than Hamas. When the dust eventually settles and Israel has shed enough blood in Gaza, Abbas may have more influence there too. If he can encourage passive resistance shaming Israel while maintaining international pressure, Israel is going to have a problem. These Palestinians aren't troubling us enough to deport them. So what to do with them?

Ad hominem attacks are "typical" of just about everyone on every side of every issue - including you. Trying to blame them on "Israel" just makes your argument seem foolish and backing it up with one of the most unreliable sources on the Internet doubles the effect. tongue.png

ad hominem attacks are the last resort of the desperado. I never flame. It's so easy debating Israeli apologists because their big lies are like Swiss cheese.

I have no problem reading your posts. Attempting to make sense out of them is another matter.

Gaza is doing a fine job on its own of not becoming part of a nation on their own - they keep reject any realistic chance of having one - but it would still be stupid to hand over control of oil deposits that you are trying to "steal" to the people that you are trying to "steal" them from, when you don't have to, You keep trying to paint Israelis as evil geniuses "exploiting" the Palestinian people, but handing over Gaza - and its oil deposits does not fit your bizarre narrative. 

• Like 1

ad hominem attacks are the last resort of the desperado. I never flame. It's so easy debating Israeli apologists because their big lies are like Swiss cheese.

If you really believe that, you need to look up "ad hominem fallacies", for the complete definition. You are as guilty as anybody and most of your talking points on this forum have fallen apart with the slightest amount of research. Just repeating dishonest political rhetoric does not work against people who have actually studied the issues.
  • Like 1

I have no problem reading your posts. Attempting to make sense out of them is another matter.

Gaza is doing a fine job on its own of not becoming part of a nation on their own - they keep reject any realistic chance of having one - but it would still be stupid to hand over control of oil deposits that you are trying to "steal" to the people that you are trying to "steal" them from, when you don't have to, You keep trying to paint Israelis as evil geniuses "exploiting" the Palestinian people, but handing over Gaza - and its oil deposits does not fit your bizarre narrative. 

OK I've said this twice already but you seem to have difficulty understanding. Try it another way:

You tell me how Gaza will be able to receive benefits from offshore oil and gas if it is not [part of] a nation?

Therefore in whose interest is it that Gaza never becomes part of a nation?

As Sir Les Patterson would say "Are you with me?"

USG,

>> that want to wipe Israel off the map.

Well that is the long stated goal of the Palestinians and the majority of the Levant Arab population, to wipe Israel off the map. And neeedless to say it is a goal that is in agreement with the orthodox interpretation of Islam that is currently in fashion amongst the majority of the world's Muslim population.

Rather redundant for you to later express your sympathies to that outcome

The irony of course is that if for some reason the Arabs were to reverse history and eradicate the State of Israel why then of course the concept of an independent Palestine would also cease to exist. 

You are neither Palestinian nor Muslim.  You have sympathy for the Palestinians, as do I.  But I doubt you truly understand their true "cause".

If you really believe that, you need to look up "ad hominem fallacies", for the complete definition. You are as guilty as anybody and most of your talking points on this forum have fallen apart with the slightest amount of research. Just repeating dishonest political rhetoric does not work against people who have actually studied the issues.

OK I'll try to use simpler language.... "shooting the messenger" ..when all else fails disparage the person when one is unable to actually argue the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

OK I'll try to use simpler language.... "shooting the messenger" ..when all else fails disparage the person when one is unable to actually argue the point.

I get it, like accusing other people of resorting to "Israeli propaganda techniques", when they are using a typical debating tactic that has nothing to do with Israel. I'm glad that you straightened that out. Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

USG,

>> that want to wipe Israel off the map.

Well that is the long stated goal of the Palestinians and the majority of the Levant Arab population, to wipe Israel off the map. And neeedless to say it is a goal that is in agreement with the orthodox interpretation of Islam that is currently in fashion amongst the majority of the world's Muslim population.

Rather redundant for you to later express your sympathies to that outcome

The irony of course is that if for some reason the Arabs were to reverse history and eradicate the State of Israel why then of course the concept of an independent Palestine would also cease to exist. 

You are neither Palestinian nor Muslim.  You have sympathy for the Palestinians, as do I.  But I doubt you truly understand their true "cause".

Call it what you like: one state Palisrael, Israelistine? or a federation of states Gaza, West Bank and Israel, or a two state solution Israel and Palestine, both members of the EU eventually.

But one day I would love to see Jews, Muslims and Christians living together peacefully again.

They are geographic neighbors for eternity. These transmigrations tend to happen when a permanent peace comes about one day.