Here's one for all you Toyota Tuner haters.

There I was early this evening sitting in a restaurant supping a few beers when there was a large bang.

A Fortuner had backed into the front of a Ford Ranger I wouldn't have normally bothered but the Ranger was only 3 month's old and belonged to an English chap I was sitting with.

The upshot was that the Fortuner didn't have a mark on it not even a paint scratch. But the pore old Ranger didn't fare so well with all of it's front plastic bumper ??? completely buggered. All was sorted very quickly as it turns out that the Fortuner driver was a local very pissed Policeman.

Now there's a thought how can a local copper afford a Fortuner let along getting pissed.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the Fortuner came off Best.

Pics or it didn't happen

;-)

I don't do pick's cant load them on TV. I also don't carry around a camera with me.

As usual the normal reply from peeps that post in the motoring section.

If you look at any of the posts I have put in the M/Section you would see that I don't put in crap, not many of late I must admit due to the fact that there are too many plonkers on it.

May I suggest that if the cap fit's ware it.

do you seriously expect us to form an opinion about all Rangers and Fortuners in collisions based on one reported anecdote? You must be joking!

Yes so many variables involved one would have to be a complete......................................Well let's just say presumptuous to make such judgments.

There I was early this evening sitting in a restaurant supping a few beers when there was a large bang.

A Fortuner had backed into the front of a Ford Ranger I wouldn't have normally bothered but the Ranger was only 3 month's old and belonged to an English chap I was sitting with.

The upshot was that the Fortuner didn't have a mark on it not even a paint scratch. But the pore old Ranger didn't fare so well with all of it's front plastic bumper ??? completely buggered. All was sorted very quickly as it turns out that the Fortuner driver was a local very pissed Policeman.

Now there's a thought how can a local copper afford a Fortuner let along getting pissed.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the Fortuner came off Best.

Did you notice if the Tuner had a towbar fitted? Coming away unscathed from the accident is surprising. I don't need photos, just curious as to what more you might recall :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Nice, recently a Camry driver thought he would cut in behind me and in front of another car at Thonglor 10 as it turns left onto Thonglor at Rush Hour at 6pm.

In his hurry to go nowhere, he jammed the front end of camry into my back bumper - I could see in my mirrors the aftermath as I continued around the corner - shaved a big chunk of paint across the front of his car - of course the Camry driver didn't try to pull over and did a quick u-turn and fled the scene. Not a scratch on my bumper. :)

• Like 1

No information about if the Tuner had a towbar etc... you don't have a camera on ya phone ... dinosaur!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here we go as stated before to many idiots on TV motoring section. I put a post in two day's ago on Diesel got the information I required in the first 6/8 post's and put a thank you reply in. Now it seems that it has turned into a slanging match with over 50 replies mostly from folks just trying to get more post against their name some even posting about condoms.

Now it seems that I am a dinosaur because I don't have a camera on my phone, a phone is for phoning people on not for just playing game's like most seem to use it for.

To bring you all up to date both cars were standard not a tow bar in sight the Tuner was a white new type and the Ranger was black the Ranger was hit fare and square in the middle by the off side rear quarter of the tuner. It happened in the Oasis restaurant K.P.Phet at around 7pm.

You'll all I've no doubt be glad to hear that TV motoring section is now as far as I'm concerned a thing of the past am going to leave it to you peeps with half a brain cell.

Saying that there are some educated one's "not many" that do post with good up to date information you know who you are.

0 out of 10 for the first person that say's you wont be missed. Guaranteed there going to be at least 1.

Edited by fredob43

I think all the cars and trucks have so much plastic on the front ends these days so not surprising what you described. Crumple Zone - plasti version. Or which I think may be the case, so many people bang up their front ends hitting posts, walls, soi dogs etc, that carmakers said to themselves, sod it, it's cheaper to replace plastic, never gonna teach these people how to drive anyway.

Not to defend my fellow upstanding motoring members ( you know who you are - yes that one) but it doesn't help to slag off someone else's ride or brag too much that your ride is superior compared to theirs. The Fortuner (despite detractors) has sold very well for many years here, that in itself should say enough.

We are a sensitive lot you know! Careful with our feelings wink.png

American cars vs. Japanese cars. Not much of a fight. Americans have never been able to build a superior car. I have owned both over the years, and at this stage, I would never pick and American car over a Japanese car. Same goes for motorcycles. I am talking about safety, build quality, maintaining value, and longevity.

Spidermike

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

No information about if the Tuner had a towbar etc... you don't have a camera on ya phone ... dinosaur!

Now it seems that it has turned into a slanging match with over 50 replies mostly from folks just trying to get more post against their name some even posting about condoms.

Seriously? I haven't even read that thread let alone posted in it? How's that happening without me?? sad.png I'm missing too much fun lately coffee1.gif ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Now it seems that it has turned into a slanging match with over 50 replies mostly from folks just trying to get more post against their name some even posting about condoms.

Seriously? I haven't even read that thread let alone posted in it? How's that happening without me?? sad.png I'm missing too much fun lately coffee1.gif ..

see the Premium Diesel thread - not quite up there with Best Pizza or Mexican Food in TH - but as exciting as it gets in our humble motoring forum.

do you seriously expect us to form an opinion about all Rangers and Fortuners in collisions based on one reported anecdote? You must be joking!

Yes so many variables involved one would have to be a complete......................................Well let's just say presumptuous to make such judgments.

I would say it is presumptuous to infere that the OP means to form an opinion on all Rangers and Fortuners with this post.

I dont think there are Tuna Haters here, its more the arrogant way they are driven, and the types who buy them..you can read the OP diatribes in Central Forum. A Wanabe Webmaster, who doest want me to say KPP smells of Oil, and N.Wan is congested for some reason.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Nothing happens in today's world without someone taking pixs. If it's not you with the camera/phone, one of the other people who did will Youtube it or Facebook or whatever. Get with the program!

• Like 1

I would say it is presumptuous to infere that the OP means to form an opinion on all Rangers and Fortuners with this post.

Actually think the inference is quite clear honestly.. But I don't really care, don't have a dog in this fight just like I don't have one the diesel fuel thread either.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Sounds like a rear to front accident. Superior robustness only 100% proven if a Ranger backs into a Fourtonner. coffee1.gif

I do like the tow bar theory.thumbsup.gif Follow this logic and like Brazil, many local cars will have tow-bars for "protection".

Nothing happens in today's world without someone taking pixs. If it's not you with the camera/phone, one of the other people who did will Youtube it or Facebook or whatever. Get with the program!

I will believe this when I see the picture.

The front of a Tuna is made of the same stuff, plastic, so if the tables were turned perhaps the same outcome, BUT, the thickness of the plastic bumpers may not be equal whistling.gif .

My Vigo hit a runaway cow (Mrs.Trans driving), the plastic bumper was undamaged but stuff behind it was facepalm.gif, which tells me the bumper did compress but came back out to it's original shape..thumbsup.gif

I will believe this when I see the picture.

555 Check you-tube.

Wasn't going to reply but I thought some of you would like the hear the outcome of dent. Sorry still no pictures, as I don't them. My friend went to the repair shop today and it seems he needs a new front bumper bit cost 8,000bt fitted not expensive + the Pi##ed copper is going to pay.

I am a proud owner of a 2 year old 'pla kapong' Ranger and the wife is amazed at my healthy ding collection. Even my 5 year-old managed to ding a door when he slammed it with his little fist! There's a healthy crease in a side panel from a 3" bamboo stand (that is still standing and is now 4") and the front-end is testament as to why they are called a crumple(d) zone... If you stare at any panel hard enough, it will bend!

Anyway, asked the body shop how much to make it look like a bought one and she reckoned 7500 baht and 4 days work which isn't bad compared with what it cost to un-ding the wife's CR-V.

• Like 1