Who made the i-note 9"

nellyp

Hi all, Can anybody tell me who manufactures the i-mobile i-note wifi 9 inch? The screen lock has stopped allowing me access, and if I am going to sort this out I may as well try to improve its performance at the same time.

Cheers

If you have a working unit you can download and run System Utilities like 'CPU-Z' or 'Spec Device' or 'Antutu Benchmark' to discover the OEM.

As has been mentioned in the forums before, Samart i-Mobile does not manufacture all of their phones - many are 3rd-party OEM where i-Mobile rebrand, distribute and handle the warranty.

Interesting that the local OEM parts sites list i-mobile as the manufacturer of the i-mobile i-note WiFi 9

image link from Siamphones.com i-mobile i-note WiFi 9 review

imobile_inote_wifi_9_menu_01.jpg

Possibly not as obvious as you may believe. many chinese made tablets are sold in Thailand under other brand names. Are you saying that i-mobile makes all of their own products? Or are you hiding a lack of knowledge with assumnption?

If you have a working unit you can download and run System Utilities like 'CPU-Z' or 'Spec Device' or 'Antutu Benchmark' to discover the OEM.

As has been mentioned in the forums before, Samart i-Mobile does not manufacture all of their phones - many are 3rd-party OEM where i-Mobile rebrand, distribute and handle the warranty.

Interesting that the local OEM parts sites list i-mobile as the manufacturer of the i-mobile i-note WiFi 9

image link from Siamphones.com i-mobile i-note WiFi 9 review

imobile_inote_wifi_9_menu_01.jpg

Thanks for this, unfortunately I can't get past the screenlock that my son put on his tablet. I am trying to use android tool to get around it, but I want to see if there is a more specific fix I can use for this tablet. Hence wanting to know the original manufacturer.

Thanks again

You should be able to Wipe Data / Factory Reset

Warning: This process will reset all memory and accounts to factory default.

Power off the device

Hold the Volume-Up and Power Button simultaneously until the device boots into Android System Recovery

Use the UP/DOWN volume button to move within menu items.

Use POWER button to select/enter

Select: Wipe Data / Factory Reset

Find Waldo (use the UP/DOWN to find 'YES' and POWER to initiate the reset process)

After rebooting the device, you may re-enter your account credentials and download APKs from the Google Play Store.

Note, if you log using a previous account you can use

PLAY STORE -> My Apps -> ALL to view all the apps you previously downloaded using this account.

You should be able to Wipe Data / Factory Reset

Warning: This process will reset all memory and accounts to factory default.

Power off the device

Hold the Volume-Up and Power Button simultaneously until the device boots into Android System Recovery

Use the UP/DOWN volume button to move within menu items.

Use POWER button to select/enter

Select: Wipe Data / Factory Reset

Find Waldo (use the UP/DOWN to find 'YES' and POWER to initiate the reset process)

After rebooting the device, you may re-enter your account credentials and download APKs from the Google Play Store.

Note, if you log using a previous account you can use

PLAY STORE -> My Apps -> ALL to view all the apps you previously downloaded using this account.

Thanks for this great input, unfortunately the i-note has no volume button. After 5 hours research and downloading multiple apps, I reset the tablet when connected to my computer. All to no avail though, it seems that the screen does not sense any contact any more. Looks like a binning

Was it sensing contact before the reset?

I think the reason I needed the reset was not because the software for the screen lock was faulty, but rather that the touchscreen hardware was bust. I have no way to know though.

If there was no indication that the unit was detecting your finger touch then the digitizer is probably bust.

Sometimes you can tweak the device (bend the screen clock-wise / counter-clock-wise) and see if it has any effect on the digitizer.

If there was no indication that the unit was detecting your finger touch then the digitizer is probably bust.

Sometimes you can tweak the device (bend the screen clock-wise / counter-clock-wise) and see if it has any effect on the digitizer.

How do you bend the screen clockwise??? Are you talking about twisting it?? Probably a last resort right?

I had the same problem, screen not responding. Took it to i-mobile service center said it would cost 1,900 to repair. After many visits back to the shop they still had not repaired it. 7 weeks after first taking it in went and collected it , not repaired. Went to a stand where they sell all the phones and gadgets said come back in one hour, 400 baht, job completed.

Just take it to an i-mobile service center

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It cost me over 2K the last time I had the screen replaced, If it is the same again, I may go for one of these 2.5K cheapos. It's for my boy, and the i-note has always been freezing. Unless of course i can find some upgrades for it

I had the same problem, screen not responding. Took it to i-mobile service center said it would cost 1,900 to repair. After many visits back to the shop they still had not repaired it. 7 weeks after first taking it in went and collected it , not repaired. Went to a stand where they sell all the phones and gadgets said come back in one hour, 400 baht, job completed.

Just did the same thing with an IQ4. Digitizer refused to respond after it got too wet so sent it for repair where the i-mobile quoted a 2,000฿ repair fee.

Took it instead to a phone repair shop in Central Plaza and they did a digitizer replacement for 800฿.

While it was gone being evaluated I actually purchased an Omisa PAD-601 phone/tablet for 2,990฿. Works great for Facebook and YouTube.

Just did the same thing with an IQ4. Digitizer refused to respond after it got too wet so sent it for repair where the i-mobile quoted a 2,000฿ repair fee.

Took it instead to a phone repair shop in Central Plaza and they did a digitizer replacement for 800฿.

While it was gone being evaluated I actually purchased an Omisa PAD-601 phone/tablet for 2,990฿. Works great for Facebook and YouTube.

I take it that this is a wireless set up. 3K isn't too bad, and I'm still considering another cheapo tablet for my boy. I like the i-note as it is big.

[...]

I take it that this is a wireless set up. 3K isn't too bad, and I'm still considering another cheapo tablet for my boy. I like the i-note as it is big.

The Omisa OPAD-601 is the first small tablet made in P.R.C. that I've been comfortable to purchase.

Dual-SIM - 3G - WiFi

Dual Core CPU - 1GB RAM - 8GB ROM - MicroSD port

HD 6-inch Display - Cameras front/back

Android 4.2

Omisa also makes a WiFi only OPAD868 8GB 2,790 ฿ (can't speak to the quality as I excluded this since we needed a SIM device)

WiFi

Quad Core a31s 1.6ghz CPU - 1GB RAM - 8GB ROM - MicroSD port

7.9-inch 1024x768 tft Display - Cameras front/back 2MP

Anddiord 4.2.2

Battery 3700mAh

If we didn't need it as a working phone and wanted name-brand I might have gone for a 7" (WIFI) SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 LITE 8GB. 4,500 ฿