rainy season?

stevehaigh

Absolutely horrendous rain here in northern Chalong, road outside my house flooded which is the worst I've seen in nearly 7 years of living here. Thankfully still below house level.

I can only imagine what it's like on the main roads at the moment, and I'm amazed we still have electric and internet.

my daughter just called, the school bus can't make it to town, she's coming home.

barely a drop south of the circle AGAIN.this is the 3rd heavy ran storm in the last week where its stopped dead at the circle. weird.

Yes, that sometimes happens, the rain just stops, always at the same place. Must be some atmospheric issues there.

But I drove twice south of the circle today (from and to Rawai) this morning, and both times it was raining. Plus last night in Rawai we also had rain.

Unsurprisingly, I've been at home all day. What has been noticeable is the number of ambulance sirens that I've heard over the last few hours (I live around 400 metres or so from Chaofa West). Never a great sign, and wouldn't be surprised if the majority aren't RTA's as the road conditions/poor visibility through road spray etc must be appalling. Thankful I put a new set of tyres on my SUV a few days ago......

As I'm writing, rain has become torrential again.

Edited by pagallim

I woke up to a heavy rain this morning and now, after couple of hours, the sun is shining once again. We could have this kind of weather whole year around.

I woke up to a heavy rain this morning and now, after couple of hours, the sun is shining once again. We could have this kind of weather whole year around.

me too, its perfect at the moment, air is clear, not too hot, sea is blue. phuket haters are welcome to stay away as far as i'm concerned, i can't think of a better place to live right now (but i'll be complaining again soon enough)

• Like 1

Forecast for amount of rain is going down already, at present 35.8 and 21.6 for afternoon of Sunday, was earlier 40.1 and 37.8. Also earlier in the day at present far less rain predicted.

I think it will get less worse all the time, and we'll end up with a few short but heavy showers.

For the windguru, I think it's great that they update their forecasts as there is more data coming in. However I have lost my trust their 3 day forecasts. Not only in this occasion, but the same has happened before as well.

This is what windguru shows today. Let's see what the weather will be.

Screenshot%25202014-11-08%252001.45.27.j

Steady with a bit of heavy in Chalong for the past few hours.

Don't go over the hill to toy town to often but am going tonight to watch the F1 at a mates bar, fingers crossed it throws it down all night over there = FA people.

Edited by beechbum

Chalong is rocking now! This is the loudest storm of the season.

How are the waves at the beaches?

Steady with a bit of heavy in Chalong for the past few hours.

Don't go over the hill to toy town to often but am going tonight to watch the F1 at a mates bar, fingers crossed it throws it down all night over there = FA people.