<deleted>? You can't buy syringes at a pharmacy even with a prescription!

ding

Went to the pharmacy in Chaweng. I was informed that Thailand doesn't allow the sale of syringes even when I showed my prescription and vial of Dr prescribed medicine. We had to let the taxi mafia extort us and take us to a hospital, show my Rx, and fill out forms - wait & wait - then I got 4 syringes and needles at very high prices.

Does Thailand want more Aids & Hep-C? This will not stop addicts from using. Even the USA knows THAT!

Addicts will just share needles and infect each other.

This is insanity. Is it the policy everywhere in Thailand?

I went to get all kinds of medical equipment, syringes, sodium chloride and glucose baxter for intravenous infusion and all kind of medicines for taking care of a sick cat at home.

They sold everything very cheap.

Never needed a prescription of a veterinarian.

Also ever went to buy a surgical scalpel (very sharp knife used for operations) with replaceable blades to cut a wart out. They asked a few questions and warned me, but they sold it anyway (the wart is gone).

The only thing I see our pharmacist refusing are addictive drugs. I've seen people begging for them but the same pharmacist that sold me the syringes and other stuff just refused.

Just say it's for your cat smile.png

Edited by kriswillems

Diabetics buy insulin and syringes at pharmacies all the time.

Any large pharmacy with a "real" first grade pharmacist on duty will sell you syringes on prescription.

But the Pharmacist had a clean and pressed LABCOAT on!!!

Maybe it was my Mike Tyson face tattoo and dreadlocks, dunno...

Seriously, I should have tried another pharmacy. This was the one next to The Cove Resort, "Tony's" or something.