TOT to focus on online services

webfact

TOT to focus on online services

BANGKOK, 15 July 2014 (NNT) - TOT Public Company Limited has committed to continue delivering high quality service to customers despite a revenue drop and will shift its focus to online services to customers during the remaining period of 2014.

Ms. Somjit Theerachutikul, TOT Executive Vice President for Marketing and Product Development stated that TOT customers are currently more familiar to the always-connected-to-the-internet lifestyle, either via personal computers or smart phones.

She also stated that online transactions nowadays have become more convenient and secured. The TOT will, therefore, turn more to online services and e-billing such as in top-up service, and telephone and internet bill payment.

The Executive Vice President however stressed that all of the company’s 400 service centers would still be operational for customers who prefer the conventional methods, adding that the online services are simply another convenient communication channel between the firm and its valuable customers.

She said that the workforce of the TOT would continue to devote its energy to customer service although the company has been facing several setbacks including a decrease in revenue from its operations while all incomes from its concession contracts have to be sent to the state coffer.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-15 footer_n.gif

They mean something like this?

https://vmstore.totcloud.com/VPS-WEB/main.php

Still not opened yet, prices change every day, free trial works but you can't login to server as they don't give root/Administrator password for vps they create for you, only stupid vnc login which only helps you to connect vps.

Its been a few months and no progress.

Hi -

Just signed up for new Fiber Optic service here in Nakhon Sawan -- Took a leap of faith and for a dollar or two more would get 30$ increase, and be ready for new technology with Fiber Cable.

They came, installed in an hour - everything great. Nice techs. Very patient and pleasant.

Then they left.

Then, we tried to log on to SEESANTV and found it blocked.

Every other website works.

SEESANTV works on old ISP.

Have a call in to TOT.

Anyone else with a weird TOT problem?

Sawatdee (and OY)

ken

Hi -

Just signed up for new Fiber Optic service here in Nakhon Sawan -- Took a leap of faith and for a dollar or two more would get 30$ increase, and be ready for new technology with Fiber Cable.

They came, installed in an hour - everything great. Nice techs. Very patient and pleasant.

Then they left.

Have a call in to TOT.

Sawatdee (and OY)

ken

It must be blocked by mict.go.th or something.

It works if I use my singapore proxy (check my digitalocean $5 vps vpn thread). Otherwise, I get 404 error in my True cable internet (means blocked)

they don't give root/Administrator password for vps they create for you

The whole point of a VPS is root. That's why it's called a a virtual private server. Get yourself a decent provider.

I have vps and dedicated servers from decent providers. I think you didn't get the point.

tot vmcloud is in testing stage, system let you sign up for free (atleast it used to do it, now website is broken). You can even get vnc login but then you're stuck at login screen of linux console or windows login screen. Somebody should tell them this is not supposed to happen. They gave trial a completely different meaning.

[...]

Have a call in to TOT.

Sawatdee (and OY)

ken

I have TOT FTTx.

The site is not being blocked in Thailand. It looks like some THAILAND IP block addresses are being rejected by the host running on a virtual domain server hosted by [united Kingdom] UK2.

Doing a PING on seesantv.com resolves an IP address of 109.123.126.58

Doing a Browser url for 109.123.126.58 displays an unconfigured CPanel webhost error message, so the requests ARE hitting the server.

While a browser reply to www.seesantv.com from Thailand produces the 404 page

(The requested URL /seesantv.com was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6 Server at localhost Port 80)

the reply is from a server and not the now usual Great Wall of Thailand server filter message usually saying the web browser failed to respond.

Suggest you contact SeesanTV and ask them.

How is the speed theese days? Still lousy speed? I can not emigrate to Thailand with the lousy internet speed there is all over Thailand.

Broadband and 3G/4G/LTE speeds are improving. But you really need to say what type of connections you're interested in.

International Internet is capped low due to high contention for limited paid International Internet Gateway access.

Multi-threaded requests (via downloaders) aren't too bad. Single-Threaded requests (via browsers) get bogged down as soon as school / workshifts end.

In-Nation Internet where the servers are locally hosted usually work at around contracted rate.

There are tons of threads in this very forum that discuss the current situation.

How is the speed theese days? Still lousy speed? I can not emigrate to Thailand with the lousy internet speed there is all over Thailand.

Lousy? You obviously never been to cambodia or myanmar. Here in Thailand you can get variety of internet service providers, from business to residential. True online works pretty much great for me.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They can start by cleaning up their adsl internet. At times it STINKS.wink.png

Nope, they are going to continue delivering high quality service to customers............

PS I got it too......

Edited by jacko45k

Broadband and 3G/4G/LTE speeds are improving. But you really need to say what type of connections you're interested in.

International Internet is capped low due to high contention for limited paid International Internet Gateway access.

Multi-threaded requests (via downloaders) aren't too bad. Single-Threaded requests (via browsers) get bogged down as soon as school / workshifts end.

In-Nation Internet where the servers are locally hosted usually work at around contracted rate.

There are tons of threads in this very forum that discuss the current situation.

I am interested in all types of internet connections. In my home in Sweden I now have fiber cable with the speed of 100/100. That is OK. I can also get up to 1000/1000. But I think 100/100 is fine.

For my mobile (4G) they are saying that the speed is 80/? but that is up to that speed. In real life it us to be about 20-25 i believe.

For me the most important is the home internet. I use to download DVD and Bluray movies. The DVD´s are 4,5 GB and the Blurays are between 25-50 GB depending on quality. A DVD normally takes 4-5 minutes to download.

So in the light of the normal standard in europe and also asia the speed in Thailand is lousy, yes, Muratremix. Not only slow but also unstable. Of course you can always point out some under developed country that is even more lousy.... Myanman that you mentioned, do I need to comment that?? Cambodja I believe have better internet then Thailand. And so do Laos!

I am interested in all types of internet connections. In my home in Sweden I now have fiber cable with the speed of 100/100. That is OK. I can also get up to 1000/1000. But I think 100/100 is fine.

For my mobile (4G) they are saying that the speed is 80/? but that is up to that speed. In real life it us to be about 20-25 i believe.

For me the most important is the home internet. I use to download DVD and Bluray movies. The DVD´s are 4,5 GB and the Blurays are between 25-50 GB depending on quality. A DVD normally takes 4-5 minutes to download.

So in the light of the normal standard in europe and also asia the speed in Thailand is lousy, yes, Muratremix. Not only slow but also unstable. Of course you can always point out some under developed country that is even more lousy.... Myanman that you mentioned, do I need to comment that?? Cambodja I believe have better internet then Thailand. And so do Laos!

The price for my 100/100 fiber cable is 778 THB/month.

You compare sweden internet to any other country? Are you sane at all?

With my 35 mbit (I get 40 mbit), I can download bluray iso files of 45-50 gb in 4 hours (from my server in USA). If internet means downloading stuff for you, 100Mbit fiber internet here in Thailand can download pretty much anything you want.

Besides, it is always sunny here so people don't need to stay indoors and download stuff. Thats why you won't need 100Mbit internet in Thailand.

There was a time I used to download more than I can watch. Nowadays it is very hard to find something decent to watch. It won't matter if 5 minutes or 50 minutes download time when you can't find content worth of downloading.

You compare sweden internet to any other country? Are you sane at all?

With my 35 mbit (I get 40 mbit), I can download bluray iso files of 45-50 gb in 4 hours (from my server in USA). If internet means downloading stuff for you, 100Mbit fiber internet here in Thailand can download pretty much anything you want.

Besides, it is always sunny here so people don't need to stay indoors and download stuff. Thats why you won't need 100Mbit internet in Thailand.

There was a time I used to download more than I can watch. Nowadays it is very hard to find something decent to watch. It won't matter if 5 minutes or 50 minutes download time when you can't find content worth of downloading.

Were (in Thailand) do you get 35 mbit? Up or down? Why can I not compare Sweden to any other country?? You have that high thoughts of Sweden?!

Sweden had highest broadband speed in the world until koreans / japanese come up with 100 - 1000 mbit fiber within their countries. So how dare you compare Sweden to Thailand?
I get 35 (40 actually) mbit from true online cable internet in Bangkok, however it is available in other cities (city center only) aswell.

As I said, it is impossible to find worthy content to download nowadays so no you don't need 100Mbit internet to download some stuff. If you know anything good please let us know as my internet is sitting ducks.

Edited by muratremix

Sweden had highest broadband speed in the world until koreans / japanese come up with 100 - 1000 mbit fiber within their countries. So how dare you compare Sweden to Thailand?

I get 35 (40 actually) mbit from true online cable internet in Bangkok, however it is available in other cities (city center only) aswell.

As I said, it is impossible to find worthy content to download nowadays so no you don't need 100Mbit internet to download some stuff. If you know anything good please let us know as my internet is sitting ducks.

In the theory you can get higher speed than 9-10 MB in other cities. But not in real life. Only in Bangkok. Maybe Hua Hin too.

I use to send films to 3 different companies in Thailand. 2 in Bangkok and one in Korat. It takes me about 2-3 minute to upload the film with my WiFi router connected to my 100/100 fiber cable.

It takes them 1 night to download it. And the size use to be about 400-500 MB. So I know, what is real life. I use to send in the evening and then it has arrived next morning. IF (a big IF) there has not been any interuption!

Also to Ratchaburi I have sent and that is even worse. Also sent from Ratchaburi to other cities and countries. Terrible!

10 years ago I talked to a guy in Tokyo and that time he had 1000/1000. I don´t think it is less now. Sweden is not the leader about internet. Far away from that.

About content, I would say it depends what sources you have to download from and the personal taste. I can get any movie I want. And besides different taste and sources that is not what we are discussing. And also as i said I use to make films in my work that I have to send to the production units in Thailand. So I think that issue is not relevant.

If you are sending films to Thailand, consider sending them via Google drive.

You'll thank me later.

Just upload to google drive (100gb for $2 usd a month only), right click and choose share, make it public or accessible with link.

I download from google drive in single connection 4mbyte/sec (32 mbits) which is pretty d@mn great.

However upload speeds here is not symmetrical. I have 40/4 mbit and no company offers 100/100 in Thailand for personal usage. However, upload speed is unthrottled, I get full speed almost everywhere.

You'll thank me later.

Just upload to google drive (100gb for $2 usd a month only), right click and choose share, make it public or accessible with link.

I download from google drive in single connection 4mbyte/sec (32 mbits) which is pretty d@mn great.

However upload speeds here is not symmetrical. I have 40/4 mbit and no company offers 100/100 in Thailand for personal usage. However, upload speed is unthrottled, I get full speed almost everywhere.

I already use a similar service use by photografer named: sprend.com (www.sprend.com).

I don´t think that any company offer 100/100 to companies as well. This companies I am working with have about 2-3 000 employees each and they have tried to get more speed and reliability.

But nada! Actually it is them who have more complains about speed then me. I am not living in the country so it is a minor thing to me. BUT if I will move there sometime then it will be a problem.

It was them who chamefully told me that Laos and Cambodja have better internet.

You'll thank me later.

I already use a similar service use by photografer named: sprend.com (www.sprend.com).

I don´t think that any company offer 100/100 to companies as well. This companies I am working with have about 2-3 000 employees each and they have tried to get more speed and reliability.

But nada! Actually it is them who have more complains about speed then me. I am not living in the country so it is a minor thing to me. BUT if I will move there sometime then it will be a problem.

They must be idiots then. Cambodia Internet is a joke, Laos can not compare. Perhaps vietnam can (just guess).

Next time use google drive because it has direct connection within Thailand, no bandwidth limit, no any other service can match google drive speed of google in Thailand.

You'll thank me later.

They must be idiots then. Cambodia Internet is a joke, Laos can not compare. Perhaps vietnam can (just guess).

Next time use google drive because it has direct connection within Thailand, no bandwidth limit, no any other service can match google drive speed of google in Thailand.

Maybe they are. Probably all thais I have talked to about this issue as well then. I am sure you can´t be an idiot if you are owning big companies like that. They have skilled computer people in the company. But they are idiots as well I guess. I am sure you can learn them how to do it in a correct way.

Oh Yippee ...

(Have no idea what the Thai Translation is)

RichCor was on the right track.

TOT had to realign something at the office specific to only Seesantv. Translation from my wife was something about the IP address.

(This was after a two hour visit with 3 techs yesterday, trying a new box, tweaking settings, etc).

Gotta say that TOT here in the neighborhood was miles above what we experienced in Pattaya a few years back.

(They were an absolute hair pulling disaster)

These guys were responsive, on time, polite and patient.

Of course they could be on their best behavior, as they are wiring the neighborhood with Fiber, but so far, so good.

What did people do here before or without the internet?

I'd be training buffaloes to sit and give their hoofs ...

Thanks all for the help ...

ken