Out-in visa hoppers now being barred from entry to Thailand

We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas].

But once again they did not say how long is "too long"... sad.png

T

Yes they did... Back to back stamps, basicslly meaning you can come with a tourist visa once for 60 days, and can extend that in the immigration for 30 days for the fee of 1800-1900 baht (not sure exact cost) and then its back to your country... Most people have two-three weeks holiday, so if you stay 3 months its more than enough as a TOURIST. And people coming twice a year to thailand is also not a problem. As long as your time out of the country is longer than your time IN the country you are fine.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am kinda surprised everyone seems to think this is going to be enforced in the way they are proclaiming. We hear these officials make outlandish statements on an almost daily basis - about curtailing corruption or whatever it may be - then the following months show business as usual.

To be perfectly honest, and I don't mean to step on anybody's toes here, but I think it would be a great thing if they actually did follow through with this. As I see Thailand from the world's eye's, what they desperately need here is legitimacy and, how can I put it, some more common sense infused in their policy. This would seem to be a small step that would get them started in the right direction.

Myself, I think everything revolves around education. If a top professor wants to move from England to Asia somewhere, Thailand is not really poping up on his radar for obvious "legitimacy" (not to mention salary) reasons. They need to legitimize, and take steps toward good people wanting to come and work here, and this would do exactly that.

Edited by isawasnake

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

5555, Except for the UK Passport Holders. What's the current waiting time for a new passport for them 8++ weeks ?

Renewing UK Passports in Thailand Key Visa

At present it is taking 3-4 weeks to arrive back in Thailand.

That's good news. One of our guys went for his 'interview' on Monday (14th July) and was told the expected delivery was 8 - 12 weeks.

We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas].

T

Yes they did... Back to back stamps, basicslly meaning you can come with a tourist visa once for 60 days, and can extend that in the immigration for 30 days for the fee of 1800-1900 baht (not sure exact cost) and then its back to your country... Most people have two-three weeks holiday, so if you stay 3 months its more than enough as a TOURIST. And people coming twice a year to thailand is also not a problem. As long as your time out of the country is longer than your time IN the country you are fine.

not true. they issue double and triple tourist visas. how long between is required?

• Like 1

I worry that I may get into trouble soon, but I may be wrong. This is what I have in my passport:

TR (double entry) visa issued in May 2013 in Savannakhet, and used for two entries plus two extensions until November 2013, when I entered Malaysia.

Then I have a three day visa exempt visit in Thailand in February 2014, and a TR (single entry) visa issued in May 2014 from Penang that is used and extended until August 12.

So my options are? Leave and spend my money elsewhere? Go to Laos on holiday for a few weeks and also get a new TR visa? Study Thai and get an ED visa? Look for a job and get a work permit?

I would like to hear from you guys about my chances to do the TR in Laos alternative. Will I have trouble getting back in? I'm doing bicycle touring and photography and has been a tourist (or "tourist" for those of you with a time based definition of the word) in SEA for the last 5 years. I do not work. I use saved money from an EU country.

Now we will here from all the cry babies who been living in Thailand with these tourist visa. Either get a proper visa or go home.

Any advice for someone under 50 that isn't married with no Thai children, that working outside of Thailand on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation, that wishes to spend his time off in Thailand??? Any suggestions???

Alternate with another country,

Thailand, Philippine, Nepal all have a great climate.

What's so special about Thailand?

I really don't understand the desperation foreigners have to stay in Thailand, it ain't that great a place.

There are dozens of countries that offer the same or more, for a similar price.

Can you tell me which other tropical countries that offers "the same or more" for a similar price ?? The reason many likes to stay in Thailand is the location,prices,easy to get to neighbouring countries,an aboundance of western household items and a relatively chrime free and safe enviroment.

Nepal ?? A dirt poor country..........give me any West African country any time instead..........including Nigeria.

Philippines compares very well, actually better for some living there.

Also let's not forget Malaysia, a "real" country, if you get my drift. Plus, 90 day visa exemption stamp, no need for tourist visas to begin with.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'll find out how this is going to pan out for me next week when I fly back in after being back in Malaysia for a month. Looks like I wont face being turned away at the airport until 12th , so apart from a few questions I should get in. Out on 2 August and then back in on 16th September , so that could be the one when things start getting interesting , I'm relying on my Malaysia residency card , work contracts from Malaysia , return ticket itinerary and a Immigration officer with "discretion" to get let back in. Would it be worth mentioning I have legal custody of my children (Will be getting the proper Visa when i finish work in Malaysia)or will that leave the door open for them to tell me I'm not a Tourist if I'm in Thailand visiting my kids ?? I suppose it adds a bit of excitement to what was becoming a bit of a mundane trip

Ajarn.com just had an update from our Dept that a directive was issued today. It states no tourists can have back to back tourist visas now under any circumstances at any entry point, land or air. Info has always been very reliable from our source. Seems like this is a response to the much publicised issues on ThaiVisa.com from the weekend.

Could you post a link to that or upload a copy of the document mataleo?

Now we will here from all the cry babies who been living in Thailand with these tourist visa. Either get a proper visa or go home.

If you do not know OR you do not WANT to help, Just dont post.....

FYI I have been living here since 6 years back now on extension of stay as retired,

So excuse me if I am purely interested in stuff like this... Apparently you are NOT

Glegolo

You got a retirement visa not a tourist visa so you did it right.. then why are you bugging Mango bob???

It is basically aimed at the bordering nations people coming to work.... thus thousands have returned home to get propper visas & will return.

Although;

There's no harm in weeding out the farrangs who scrape a measly living also.... of which there are (too) many.

Look at all the drunk ass cheap bar 'owners' who border run, insurance 'salesmen' & general villains (drug sellers mebbee?).....not forgetting the 1000's of overstayers, who can't be arsed or can't afford the funds for a border/visa run, cos they spend all their satangs on cheap beer & thai whiskey/rum....

Next weed out the retirees who basically moan their asses off cos their pensions 'aren't what they used to be'.... 10 years ago..... Course they're not!! Times change & hopefully big changes are coming to the Land of Smiles......

...Just my honest opinion.... wink.png No hard feelings to the majority of posters on here btw......

there was no deal. western nations need low cost labour, thailand doesnt.

Oh really?! Take for example Thai fishing and building industry, millions of Myanmar and Cambodian people working as very very low cost workers.

nd that is why they dont need YOU! like i said, you never had a deal

if working illegally and taxes were the issue, why not make it easier to legally work and pay taxes?

People come from different countries to work here. I went to immigration a few weeks ago and they had

people from Myranmar working there. I'm a Caucasian, I could never get that job if I wanted to.

There are already thousends of caucasians working all over Thailand. And there are a lot if jobs you can do. Would you really like to have the jobs that people from Burma have here ? Edited by larsjohnsson

Due to the current change in immigration policies I have a question or 2 to ask those that are much wiser in immigration policies....thanks in advance for the replies.

I'm American, 50, engaged to Thai national, currently I am using my 2nd Tourist visa, both Issued in the USA , both had 3 entries. The Tourist Visas were issued with about a 2 or 3 week gap between the first and current Visa.

My plan was this......

On 25 July I am going to Yangon via a flight from BKK to use the 3rd and final entry. We planned on staying over night in Yangon and will fly back to BKK the 26th. Biased on current events what's the possibility of being denied reentry to Thailand? Is this what is considered and in/out?

Once back in Thailand the next move would be to file for a NON IMMIGRANT O Visa biased on marriage, once we have this secured this visa will then be followed with a request of extension biased on marriage.

Is this feasible? I am attempting to following all policies as best as I can.

RLTW Keith

I've always been curious. Does the tourist visa prevent me from working for a foreign company while I'm here? Let's say that I'm a programmer, and I'm living in Thailand, but still working for a company I started in the United States. All my money comes from the United States, but I spend it all here. Is that prohibited by the tourist visa? I had always assumed that the working visa was only required for people who wanted jobs based in Thailand, but maybe that's not the case. I would assume they would want people like that here, as all they would be doing is bringing more money into their country. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

The thing is, many people have tried to solve this but the immigration officials have said "not interested because you are not working for a Thai company in a office in Thailand". Then there are the more strict Phuket officials with their own interpretation of the laws saying it is illegal but they seem to have their own rules anyway.

In practise the immigration officials in most cases are not interested on busting some writer or programmer or whatever online worker in some condo room, staring his computer all day. Foreigners getting busted are usually either bar owners working without permit in their own bar, language teachers or people in offices in Thailand.

So like all things in Thailand, it is "it depends and TiT".

The big thing with working online is that it isn't easy to prove unless you are specifically targeted. It is time consuming and difficult, especially if you are using dynamic IP addresses or working with proxy.

This is not an immigration issue but a labour department one.

Unless you like to brag about it and bring it to everyone's attention................................wink.png

Due to the current change in immigration policies I have a question or 2 to ask those that are much wiser in immigration policies....thanks in advance for the replies.

I'm American, 50, engaged to Thai national, currently I am using my 2nd Tourist visa, both Issued in the USA , both had 3 entries. The Tourist Visas were issued with about a 2 or 3 week gap between the first and current Visa.

My plan was this......

On 25 July I am going to Yangon via a flight from BKK to use the 3rd and final entry. We planned on staying over night in Yangon and will fly back to BKK the 26th. Biased on current events what's the possibility of being denied reentry to Thailand? Is this what is considered and in/out?

Once back in Thailand the next move would be to file for a NON IMMIGRANT O Visa biased on marriage, once we have this secured this visa will then be followed with a request of extension biased on marriage.

RLTW Keith

the longer you stay in yangon the better your odds. as far as I can make out no one knows for sure. the fact they were both issued in usa is a plus for sure.

I only did the Border Dash twice 10 years ago. Since then I have had an O with Retirement Extensions with Multi Re-enrty. It is a yearly pain in the butt and with taxis and all about 4,000 THB every year.

That is what they want you to do, if you are old enough.

My bitch is if it is about money, then give you a 1, 3 or 5 year option and payy all one time and cut out the goat rope of getting in kine for the Extension and get in line again for the Re-Entry.

Good luck and pay your dues !!

Edited by gchurch259

That has to be the most retarded post i have seen all year.

My thai gf is currently in my country on a tourist visa. She's been here for 2 years on it. How is it not a proper visa? she's not working or retired.

Also other countries allow for permanant residency. Thailand DOES NOT unless you want to become fullon thai. Im in my 20's and i dont work in thailand. I have kids and im not married. I don't keep money in a thai bank account. I can't get any kind of non-o. That makes me a tourist and nothing else.

Well, you have a problem!!!!

My plan was this......

RLTW Keith

the longer you stay in yangon the better your odds. as far as I can make out no one knows for sure. the fact they were both issued in usa is a plus for sure.

I don't think he has anything to worry about. The flight alone is enough "evidence" that he is not of the in out variety I feel they are speaking of.

To post # 171: Working online could be an immigration issue as -- if you are on a Tourist Visa and working online in Thailand -- you signed a false declaration on your Tourist Visa application that in that you declared:

I hereby declare that the purpose of my visit to Thailand
is for pleasure or transit only and that in no case shall I engage
myself in any profession or occupation while in the country.
Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

So many postings online about all this - so please forgive me if this sort of scenario below has already been answered;

I have 2 UK passports.

UK Passport #1 - I have used for a couple of years for entering Thailand - each time on 30 day visa exempt. Interspersed with over 2 months absence - I do not work in Thailand.

UK Passport #2 - can then be sent off to obtain visa for entering other countries as required for my job. (Although it does contain the odd Thailand stamp from about 2 years ago).

I am currently in Thailand on UK Passport #1, on a 30 day visa exempt stamp which expires about a week before I need to fly out again. I have email proof of onward flight ticket.

So this time i need to remain a few days more and my plan was to do an out/in, but now that idea seems scuppered.

Unless anybody in the know can confirm I would/should be ok to use UK Passport #2 on a border run ?????

Appreciated

Edited by Farang0tang

My plan was this......

RLTW Keith

I don't think he has anything to worry about. The flight alone is enough "evidence" that he is not of the in out variety I feel they are speaking of.

most we could do would be 2 nights, she works and child at home. Thank you for the replies gentlemen.

Exactly my problem. Been here since mid April and would like to enter from Laos on a second double entry tourist visa until my flight out in mid November, not sure if that is "too long".

Check activation date (must be utilised by) for 2nd entry..yours may have already expired. I don't want to alarm you but I faced that problem with double entry visa issued in Oz. They will issue multiple entry but 2nd entry must be utilised within 3 months of visa issue.

Am I going to be affected by going to the Ban Laem border tomorrow to start the 2nd entry of my 3 entry tourist visa? I already have back to back ones from last year, went home for 8 weeks andd returned with this visa.

Are there any reports of people being denied entry at Ban Laem with TR's yet?

Any advice for someone under 50 that isn't married with no Thai children, that working outside of Thailand on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation, that wishes to spend his time off in Thailand??? Any suggestions???

Setup a business.

Or a safer option..... find another country to spend your 6 weeks holiday, perhaps one which appreciates taking your hard earned cash smile.png

I'm sorry but i don't really understand what they mean by "out/in" ?

They mean, pass the thai border and come back straight for a stamp or they mean also, apply for a tourist visa abroad and come back to thailand ?

Thanks for your answer