Disabled have pension too young retirement visa

Sounds to me that you will be MUCH BETTER OFF in the Philippines.. They are less harder on you and your stay there....

Glegolo

Yes, I agree.

Why is the OP and his Filipino living in Thailand? As according to the OP money is not a problem so he has the option of staying in the Philippines or taking his wife to live with him in his home country.

He and his wife could easily base themselves in the OP`s home country or the Philippines and make once a year visits to Thailand as tourists.

Problem solved.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i have not read all the post's back to you but option is to purchase thai elite card which is bat thb2 mill for 20 years...

or a friend told me there is the same card for 5 years but thb500,000 which you can upgrade to at a certain stage for the balance funds..

maybe look into this if someone else hasn't mentioned this already to you...

good luck

500 000 baht? Where have you heard that?

This is what i read on their website:

5.1 Membership Fee

THB 2,000,000 (two million Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per Membership or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

5.2 Annual Fee

THB 20,000 (twenty thousand Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per annum or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

5.3 Membership Transfer Fee

The Membership transfer fee shall be at the rate of twenty (20) percent of prevailing rate exclusive of value added tax.

5.4 Card Reissuing Fee

THB 4,000 (four thousand Baht only) exclusive of value added tax or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

That is for the full membership, there is an option to only get the visa for 5 years.

• Like 1

I lived in Cali Colombia for the last ten years. Very good medical care, cheap meds. great climate 75-80 f, year round. Decent people , not dangerous ..and the cost of living is'nt bad at all. If you make more than 1000$ USD per month you get a one year visa. Regardless of what kind of pension. I had a disability pension as well. every year I just renewed it. No 90 day checkins or hassles. the only thing is you need to learn some spanish,,which is a hel of alot easier than learning Thai .I'll tell that much. Lived in Ecuador also Quito,,,now THAT was very dangerous ...did not like Ecuador at all or the people...cost of living in Cali compared to Chiang Mai ...check out www.numbeo.com I think rent for example is only 9% higher in Cali.

• Like 1

OP you could open a company. Since you are from the USA you can own the company 100%. What type of company I have no idea you would need to figure that out.

I think other than going to school for an Ed visa this is your only other option. Wish you all the best and hope you find a solution.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

contact Ramkhamheang University - there are programs you can enroll in that only require you to attend the tests. Will work for an ED visa

This must be in the Thai section of Ramkhamhaeng, not the international section (attendance is strict). Do they teach in English in the Thai section? I have heard they may teach law in English.

Edited by Water Buffalo