Help ! Thai Custom

Hi everyone ,

My name is celest.

I just start a business in thailand for importing wine but i have a problem with the custom clearance. Does anyone know somebody who work for custom in thailand or a custom broker ?

If anybody know PLEASE send me a message to my email address : [email protected]

Thank you very much for your concern, i'm really appreciate your helping me

Best Regard for all

Celestine

Celeste -

This is just to advise you that you have stepped into a can of worms. Importing any foreign goods is a conventional paper drill here. Add to that importing a food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or other consumable, and you now add Thai FDA approval. Add to that importation of a product subject to excise tax (alcohol, tobacco) and you add a third level. Good luck selling product, at the price necessary to recoup all these fees.

Indo-Siam

Hi everyone ,

My name is celest.

I just start a business in thailand for importing wine but i have a problem with the custom clearance. Does anyone know somebody who work for custom in thailand or a custom broker ?

If anybody know PLEASE send me a message to my email address : [email protected]

Best Regard for all

Celestine

Send an email to Axel on this forum. He's in the shipping business and can probably point you in the right direction.

Hi everyone ,

My name is celest.

Best Regard for all

Celestine

Dear Celestine,

Since the s... hit the fan already to get things straightened out is not going to be easy.

A while a go I met at a Bangkok Food Fair a Swiss guy dealing in importing wine, beer and spirits from abroad into Thailand for a long time already. Well, he is obviously used and experienced to cope with this kind of "critical" goods and hence has the necessary contacts within Customs. Here are the appropriate contact details:

Food com(Thailand) Co. Ltd,

19/3 Soi Supapong,Srinakarin Road,Praves,Bangkok 10250

Tel: 02/ 330 8592, 02/707 8799 Fax: 02/ 330 8593, Mob: 01/ 306 1150

e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.foodcomthailand.com

Maybe they can manage to get your shipment cleared for you against a fee.

Good luck.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Indo-Siam, Dr Pat Pong, And Richard .....

Thank you for your reply and for all the advise, its really help me.

I will try to contact both of them to find out, i hope everything's will be ok.

Thanks again for all of you

Warm Regard

Celestine

How did you go Celestine ?

Celestine this is probably too late but you need to grease some palms with a bit of cash the first time you get your wine through customs.........but be warned......they know the drill on the retail sales so be careful. But basically if yo uoutlay a little at the start inthe way of 'tea money' you might find that you have less hassle in future and also a lower duty to pay. Worth a try to drop a case of wine in their laps !! And a palm full of baht.

Hi everyone,

Im sorry for my late reply coz ive been sick for the last few days,

Not yet start still wait for changing the office address also the working permit.

Probably i will start next month, but still not yet find the custom broker.

Axel contact me already, thank you dr pat pong. Maybe i will try to contact this

number to see if they can help me in this case.

Thank you for the suggestion Ned Kelly..:o

Best Regard