Anyone applied for a NON O A in the UK From Feb 2014

Anyone applied for a NON O A (over 50 visa)

I see only the Embassy in London will now process the application for a Non O-A

The Royal Thai Embassy in London commenced its visa application by post service on the 2 January 2014. Termination of visa services by post at the Royal Thai Consulates in the United Kingdom and Ireland (namely, the Royal Thai Consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, Liverpool, Glasgow, Gibralta and Dublin) will be effective from the 15 January 2014.

So much of the info is missing or spread around the website with new application forms (different from last year)..plus they will only accept postal orders for payment now??? no cheques ofr debit cards like Hull used to.

There is no mention of the 20,000gbp just says total of savings and name of BANKS? also your monthly income .

If you have applied for a NON O-A, IN THE UK during the past 4 months can you tell me what you had to send and how did it go

It looks like they are trying to hide this visa...basically force people to extend in Thailand

http://supibee.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/forms/Long%20Stay.pdf

Edited by terryp

found the full link now:

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

I have never had to provide this info before:

1. Criminal Record from own country and country of permanent residence with validity of at least 3 months. Applicants residing in the United Kingdom will need to have a police clearance issued only from the Scotland Yard.
  2. Medical Record proving applicant has never been infected with contagious disease with validity at least 3 months (in accordance with Immigration Act B.E.2522)
  3. In case wishing to be accompanied by spouse, the marriage certificate will be attached. But spouse will be granted Non-Immigrant “O” instead of “O-A”(Long Stay)

Note: Documents as stated in 1-4 (numbers are diferent on website) must be certified by Notary Public or from the competent authority concerned of the country of application.

This is getting idiotic

Edited by terryp

dont know if i have gone mad , they now show the NON O A as (long stay) on the website..... the info is so mixed up, not a visa package download just seperate forms to download with no list of what to submit

here we go:

Non-Immigrant Type O-A

• Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or £1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually for those who have been issue category O with multiple entries
  • Medical Record
  • Criminal Record check

ive never had to provide the medical or crim record check before?, dont know if its now a requirement or can be required, Ive sent an email to the embassy

Edited by terryp

getting mixed up now , I have an over 50 retirement visa (which was an O) ..but now shows as a NON O-A on the Thai embassy website.....you can apply for botha NON O-A AND a NON O-A (long stay) for over 50 retirement but NOT the NON O anymore (unless you have a pension)

Category "O" To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, Retirement (with State Pension)

Category "O-A" To applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an entended period without the intention of working.

Edited by terryp

The multiple entry non-o visa (normally 50 or over) is no longer available in the UK unless you are 65 or over and getting a government pension. If 65 or over you will have to apply through one of the consulates because the embassy will only do the OA visa.

Curiously the Cardiff consulate now (I think only within the past week) lists a Non-O multi for over 50's but with financial/medical/criminal requirements (same as OA). In fact the way it reads it appears to apply to a visa based on marriage as well.

i am under 65, so i take it the O-A via the Embassy is my only route now..................

Either the OA from the embassy or an extension of stay here at immigration (no medical or police check needed).

the only problem with the extension of stay i will not have the full 800,000 in the bank long enough, my current visa expires sept and even if I load my bank this week it wont have the 2 months (or is it 3 months) required ....I am really so messed up now

If I go the extension route (I am not married) apart from the money in the bank is there anything else

Just checked online the police check in the UK is 45GBP (so thats going to be on top of the UK visa fee and doctors cert (another 30gbp for me)

Edited by terryp

the only problem with the extension of stay i will not have the full 800,000 in the bank long enough, my current visa expires sept and even if I load my bank this week it wont have the 2 months (or is it 3 months) required ....I am really so messed up now

If I go the extension route (I am not married) apart from the money in the bank is there anything else

Just checked online the police check in the UK is 45GBP (so thats going to be on top of the UK visa fee and doctors cert (another 30gbp for me)

Do you have any income that you could combine with the money in the bank? There is no 2 months requirement when using the combination option.

no nothing that is a regular deposit, I have just done a border run, so I have approx 75 ish days on the new stamp, I have calculated I have 68 days until I fly back to Europe, that would give me 1 week to get funds transfered in to the bank here and apply a couple of days before I must leave, do you see any problem or is it just too close,

I appreciate the help this has all just hit me as I was just checking to see the forms had not changed for my new visa application in Oct................ then bang

As long as you have at the paperwork together you will not have a problem doing it that close. Just be sure it does not fall on a weekend or a holiday.

Just be sure you apply for a re-entry permit on the date you get the extension.

just received this email from Cardiff:

the criteria for applying has changed since last year..
being aged between 50 and 64 to qualify for the non-immigrant 'O' visa you must meet and provide the following...
1) have a regular income of over £1400 a month or a lump sum of £20,000.00 in a current account (not a savings account) previous 3 months bank statements will need to be submitted
2) a police clearance showing no convictions, cautions past or present
3) a medical certificate confirming you have no infectious diseases
please note we can no longer accept postal applications, you would need to contact this consulate to book an appointment for the visa
Regards
RTC Cardiff
and from Hull:

UK Consulates are now forbidden from dealing with postal applications, only personal applications. You will therefore have to post your application to the Embassy in London, using its form, if it is not possible for you to attend at Hull.

Regards

Royal Thai Consulate (Hull)
Edited by terryp