Badly in need of a root!

I remember back in the day custom roms for my xda mini, viewpad tablet etc always ended up getting as hot as a burglar.

I used to pull me hair out, thank God I ditched it and went Iphone/ipad combo.....it just works!!!

I don't see the logic. Android with custom roms etc or Apple with no custom roms and little in the way of user config.

For me it became an obsession, was constantly re flashing if somebody came out with a better one because although they were better there was always a problem with the custom like WiFi would work for a hour then stop, stuff like that.

With ios you don't get that besides a jailbroken ios has far more ways to configure the device than a custom or rooted android and on a deeper level.

I remember back in the day custom roms for my xda mini, viewpad tablet etc always ended up getting as hot as a burglar.

I used to pull me hair out, thank God I ditched it and went Iphone/ipad combo.....it just works!!!

I don't see the logic. Android with custom roms etc or Apple with no custom roms and little in the way of user config.

For me it became an obsession, was constantly re flashing if somebody came out with a better one because although they were better there was always a problem with the custom like WiFi would work for a hour then stop, stuff like that.

With ios you don't get that besides a jailbroken ios has far more ways to configure the device than a custom or rooted android and on a deeper level.

I can identify with that.. I think some of these Chinese companies could do well targeting their phones at people who like tinkering.

• Like 1

I can identify with that.. I think some of these Chinese companies could do well targeting their phones at people who like tinkering.

They did, it's called the one plus one! [emoji6]

sent from my slimkat 1+ using tapatalk

They did, it's called the one plus one! [emoji6]

sent from my slimkat 1+ using tapatalk

Yes, I almost bought one, but it was so hard to get hold of that I bought an LG instead.

What do the iSheep devices have to do with this Android topic? Apple fanboys just can't help themselves, can they? I've rooted all my android phones and never had a need for a custom ROM yet, you play with new untested ROM, you get issues, that should be obvious.