Minor change on 1 year retirement extension of stay

Hi,

Went to CW today for my yearly extension of stay based on retirement. As my pensions are below 65,000 baht/month, I use the combo method:

Letter from the Embassy (50,000 baht/month * 12 = 600,000 baht) + Letter from the bank (>200,000 baht) to come to >800,000 baht.

The new change is that the difference kept in the bank (at least 200,000 baht in my case) must now be seasonned. It means that during the three months before you apply for the extension, the balance of your account must not fall below this difference.

Lot of people today, arrived at 9h30 and left at 14h30 with 1 year extension and re-entry permit.

Cheers

Were you denied you extension or were just told you needed it.

Their has been no changes to the rules and in the past CW was always reported as not needing the money in the bank for 60 days or 3 months.

So what happen in case of non o 3 months (single one ) comes , as is impossible to season your money 3 months as mostly no Bank yet , and timeframe very narrow on top some banks lately asking for working permit or long stay (1 year non o ) to open account (not all but many ) 2 months timeframe could be done , not 3 months seasoning for the single non o , it should stop also the 3 steps retirement option (tourist visa to Non O to Retirement extension ) ....... new rule or new beginner immigration officer ?

So aplication date from consulate let already loose a few days , on top , if you go latest period time (15 days in the 3 months Non O single ) before expiering , the money could not even be the seasoned time on bank as said...... ? i Think a misunderstood conversation it was !

Edited by david555

Were you denied you extension or were just told you needed it.

Their has been no changes to the rules and in the past CW was always reported as not needing the money in the bank for 60 days or 3 months.

No, I was not denied my extension, but I was told it was now the rule by the man who checked my papers and stamped my Passport and the lady who checked again my papers and signed the extension repeated the same advice.

I am retired for 12 years and I know that before it was not necessary to keep the money in the bank, but today I was given TWICE the same advice by two different officers, so I guess the rule have effectively changed but that there is still some leniency before it is firmly applicated. That's why I have posted it on the TV forum.

Edited by LookChang

So what happen in case of non o 3 months (single one ) comes , as is impossible to season your money 3 months as mostly no Bank yet , and timeframe very narrow on top some banks lately asking for working permit or long stay (1 year non o ) to open account (not all but many ) 2 months timeframe could be done , not 3 months seasoning for the single non o , it should stop also the 3 steps retirement option (tourist visa to Non O to Retirement extension ) ....... new rule or new beginner immigration officer ?

This was told someone who has been on extensions so not the first one - first one would likely be the same as for those using bank deposit alone - 60 days.

This was told someone who has been on extensions so not the first one - first one would likely be the same as for those using bank deposit alone - 60 days.

Glad to hear that (and hoping is true...) as i go for my first Retirement extension combination methode one soon , can go September , or December if i use my last chance entry before expiering Non O visa , i had already in mind to go early as i would have a second chance if immigration should surprise me with something !

I understand they do that change , as we know there are businnesses who arrange the money , so that could closing that , (or making it more expensive ,=dubbel edged possibillitythey should close down )... but they could inform in time , lucky it is posted , so when i transfer my needed sum for the combo 25 july is in time frame 2 month to go , if my latest date stamped untill 5 oct....? or do i need to use an extra visa run to make the extension in my last possible period Beginning December at Jomtien 5 ? (O visa multiple expiering use before 3/10 /2014 )

THX for reply

PS; they really like to let us surprising

Edited by david555