CB 300f

Nebula

I agree that USD forks would be better in looks and perceived performance (less suspended mass) and if they come on tiny Zoomers and MSXs there is no excuse other than Honda cutting costs.

I don't find this bike ugly but its not very inspiring either.

I would prefer a retro look with rounder styling and headlight since the Z250 is already so sharp and angular. The VTR250 is a cool looking bike. Wish they went with the mini Ducati look on this but maybe it would be too close to the MSX.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cb 300 series look far less appealing than Kawazaki equivalents. I know they are cheaper but was really disappointed at the Honda CBR 300 in comparison to the Ninja 300.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've only seen the black one at night after the shop was closed. At 120k it sounds appealing to me.

I was thinking of buying a second hand CBR 500(150k) or CBR 300 repsol(138k). A CB 300 sounds alright to me. I want to see the white one.

Anyone see the specs on this bike?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-140969-1406082540072_thumb.jpg

Personally I am not a big fan of upside down forks on entry level bikes and I don't get why people get hung up on them. The only performance differences I know of is that having the larger diameter tube at the triple clamp makes it a bit less likely to flex and a minor difference in un-sprung weight. The effect of this on performance is minimal. You just aren't gonna find adjustable inverted forks with radial brakes at this price point. This is not a performance oriented naked hooligan bike like a speed triple, a brutal or a monster, this is an entry level learner/commuter bike.

Despite the conflict of interest moto-journalists have with the manufacturers being their primary advertisers I don't think they would neglect to mention it if the front forks were a concern. i would prefer to have an adjustable conventional fork over an nonadjustable inverted fork.

The other minor benefit to conventional forks is that the fork cylinder coating/finish is a bit less prone to nicks and other damage from rocks, etc .

My biggest issue with the CB300f and the CB500f is that I am not a big fan of singles or inline twins but it is hard to argue their practicality. I really wish the folks at Honda had decided to base the 250/300 bikes on the old V-Twin VTR but I suppose a V-Twin would up the price somewhat.

The 300f seems to be a pretty great all rounder. I am considering the 300f, the 500f and the 650f for my next bike. Obviously the performance goes up with the displacement but I am not sure if the performance gains are worth the cost increase. All 3 bikes look like good value for money. I used to have higher performance bikes (VFR800FI and a CBR954RR) but my go fast days are in the past especially considering the traffic and roads in my area.

I think simplicity, versatility and fun are what I am really after these days, the recent offerings from Honda seem to fit my needs.

I've only seen the black one at night after the shop was closed. At 120k it sounds appealing to me.

I was thinking of buying a second hand CBR 500(150k) or CBR 300 repsol(138k). A CB 300 sounds alright to me. I want to see the white one.

i think everything is same with cbr300r apart from some minor differences.

are you sure it is 120 k thb though?

Yea that's what a friend of mine said. He's a service manager at Honda. He told me last week when I first saw it.

I noticed the gauge cluster is the same as a the 500 series and MSX. I wonder if it has range or kilometres per liter. Like the 500

Personally I am not a big fan of upside down forks on entry level bikes and I don't get why people get hung up on them. The only performance differences I know of is that having the larger diameter tube at the triple clamp makes it a bit less likely to flex and a minor difference in un-sprung weight. The effect of this on performance is minimal. You just aren't gonna find adjustable inverted forks with radial brakes at this price point. This is not a performance oriented naked hooligan bike like a speed triple, a brutal or a monster, this is an entry level learner/commuter bike.

Despite the conflict of interest moto-journalists have with the manufacturers being their primary advertisers I don't think they would neglect to mention it if the front forks were a concern. i would prefer to have an adjustable conventional fork over an nonadjustable inverted fork.

The other minor benefit to conventional forks is that the fork cylinder coating/finish is a bit less prone to nicks and other damage from rocks, etc .

My biggest issue with the CB300f and the CB500f is that I am not a big fan of singles or inline twins but it is hard to argue their practicality. I really wish the folks at Honda had decided to base the 250/300 bikes on the old V-Twin VTR but I suppose a V-Twin would up the price somewhat.

The 300f seems to be a pretty great all rounder. I am considering the 300f, the 500f and the 650f for my next bike. Obviously the performance goes up with the displacement but I am not sure if the performance gains are worth the cost increase. All 3 bikes look like good value for money. I used to have higher performance bikes (VFR800FI and a CBR954RR) but my go fast days are in the past especially considering the traffic and roads in my area.

I think simplicity, versatility and fun are what I am really after these days, the recent offerings from Honda seem to fit my needs.

I agree 100% with your logic ..... but for me there's also the emotional part of owning a bike. I want to like the looks of the bike.

It's a bit like choosing a wife based entirely on her ability to cook and wash ..... you also want her to look hot.

For me the 300 and 500 series are all a bit too sensible - almost like 'white goods' bikes designed by a washing machine engineer, whereas the little MSX and Zoomer and the CRF250's are sexier with their pert upside-down forks.

Cb 300 series look far less appealing than Kawazaki equivalents. I know they are cheaper but was really disappointed at the Honda CBR 300 in comparison to the Ninja 300.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why are you dissapointed? Ninja 300 is 50 k thb expensive than a cbr300r.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For simplicity and versatility the CB500 is a great deal, specially when you can get it quite cheap second hand.

It's a bike with acceptable torque for fun, but quite restricted in HP, which is not a bad thing, it only prevents you from going over 180Km/h.

The CB300 single could be a learning bike and cheap for commuting in the city.

in terms of resale value, the CB650 hands down.

I agree 100% with your logic ..... but for me there's also the emotional part of owning a bike. I want to like the looks of the bike.

It's a bit like choosing a wife based entirely on her ability to cook and wash ..... you also want her to look hot.

For me the 300 and 500 series are all a bit too sensible - almost like 'white goods' bikes designed by a washing machine engineer, whereas the little MSX and Zoomer and the CRF250's are sexier with their pert upside-down forks.

Easy to fool you with upside down fork then:lol:

The fork on msx even though upside down, is not any better than cb300f one.

Also if it is about emotions, sure it is noy aboud 60 k thb bikes!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yea that's what a friend of mine said. He's a service manager at Honda. He told me last week when I first saw it.

I noticed the gauge cluster is the same as a the 500 series and MSX. I wonder if it has range or kilometres per liter. Like the 500

He is service manager at Honda but not at a Honda dealer. 120 k is hardly possible since this is the retail price, or around that (less with the current promotion). So from a dealer will be more. I also was looking at the Repsol CBR, quite nice look. The same one that we could sit on and put down the knee at the expo.

Ninja 300 is more expensive than the CBR (286cc) because it has more power (about 20%) , better build quality and looks far better/modern/stylish. Dont see why "Honda" dont try to make (design) their bikes to look more exciting then a washing machine. Function is one thing , but how about a bit of excitement in the design , like the perfectly useable 60,000 Baht Keeway (with USD forks , braides hoses etc). Notice that K Speed have had to fit a fork brace to the forks.Forks on the CRF L are USD , but not adjustable at all , unlike the much superiour Kawasaki KLX.

He is service manager at Honda but not at a Honda dealer. 120 k is hardly possible since this is the retail price, or around that (less with the current promotion). So from a dealer will be more. I also was looking at the Repsol CBR, quite nice look. The same one that we could sit on and put down the knee at the expo.

Yes it's at a genuine Honda dealer.

Ninja 300 is more expensive than the CBR (286cc) because it has more power (about 20%) , better build quality and looks far better/modern/stylish. Dont see why "Honda" dont try to make (design) their bikes to look more exciting then a washing machine. Function is one thing , but how about a bit of excitement in the design , like the perfectly useable 60,000 Baht Keeway (with USD forks , braides hoses etc). Notice that K Speed have had to fit a fork brace to the forks.Forks on the CRF L are USD , but not adjustable at all , unlike the much superiour Kawasaki KLX.

yes, it has more power but not better build for sure! and looks are subjective. some people like it plain and handsome some like it busy. but again busy designs like kawa does tend to get old, ageing and boring fast also this is cb300f thread my friend. read some about industrial design.

for 120 k thb, cb300f is a great deal with similar power but more low down and mid torque which is a better fit for a naked than the revvy ninja 250 engine on 151 k thb ninja z250 and no ABS on kawa z250 and still you dont get USD fork or quality parts.

And the worst regarding kawa is, you pay more for these bike than USA although it is made in Thailand so kawa is pumping up the price here around 500 to 1000 USD but honda sell its 300 series cheaper than USA.

I think the design of cb300f is cool and exciting, if for you not, you can go get kawa 250 by paying 30 k more and you dont get an ABS.

K speed of course fits a fork brace as they want to sell fork brace! and fork brace is good for any bike although not necessary.

and please, Keeway is out of this competition man with its pogo stick USD fork and braided lines made of recycled mackerel cans!

yes, it has more power but not better build for sure! and looks are subjective. some people like it plain and handsome some like it busy. but again busy designs like kawa does tend to get old, ageing and boring fast also this is cb300f thread my friend. read some about industrial design.

for 120 k thb, cb300f is a great deal with similar power but more low down and mid torque which is a better fit for a naked than the revvy ninja 250 engine on 151 k thb ninja z250 and no ABS on kawa z250 and still you dont get USD fork or quality parts.

And the worst regarding kawa is, you pay more for these bike than USA although it is made in Thailand so kawa is pumping up the price here around 500 to 1000 USD but honda sell its 300 series cheaper than USA.

I think the design of cb300f is cool and exciting, if for you not, you can go get kawa 250 by paying 30 k more and you dont get an ABS.

K speed of course fits a fork brace as they want to sell fork brace! and fork brace is good for any bike although not necessary.

and please, Keeway is out of this competition man with its pogo stick USD fork and braided lines made of recycled mackerel cans!

The Kawasaki is 30K more than the Honda and suits some people better as it has more power and sharper looks - but the Keeway is 70k less than the Honda and has better equipment levels. My experience of the Keeway was that forks were easily up to the limited power and the finish was good. I sold mine as I wanted something different - good a reason as any I think.

But all three bikes represent different approaches that suit slightly different needs for anyone wanting a practical lightweight bike.

Great that we have the choice!

But of course the bike I now ride is better than the others! ;-)

It is great that there is now more choice than ever. This is the reason "Honda is selling "cheap" , trying to compete with better bikes. Naked bikes arent my scene , but id rather pay 21,000 more (151,000 to 130,000) for the fast and fun Kawasaki Z , or just 9,000 more for the Benelli BN 302 - a real 300cc delivering 37 BHP from its Japanese engine with Italian styling. Spoilt for choice , if you look.

Definitely agree; it's a great time to be a biker in Thailand.

All these Thai made bikes are great and inexpensive here.

We're just nit picking minor details that most people wouldn't care about.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is great that there is now more choice than ever. This is the reason "Honda is selling "cheap" , trying to compete with better bikes. Naked bikes arent my scene , but id rather pay 21,000 more (151,000 to 130,000) for the fast and fun Kawasaki Z , or just 9,000 more for the Benelli BN 302 - a real 300cc delivering 37 BHP from its Japanese engine with Italian styling. Spoilt for choice , if you look.

No it is not that Nigel. Also kawa250 is not faster than cb300f. Z250 has only 1 extra HP but a good 6 nm - I mean 27 percent - less than cb300f.

Also Kawai z250 is 10 kg porkier! So please do the math.

Oh, Chinese benelli 302? It is the porkiest 300 cc around I guess at 195 kg wet weight! Nearly 30kg more than a cb300f and still 1 kg heavier than my old cbr500r! and around 14 kg less than my cb650flaugh.png

Definitely agree; it's a great time to be a biker in Thailand.
All these Thai made bikes are great and inexpensive here.
We're just nit picking minor details that most people wouldn't care about.

Yeah. I feel good about it too as before our only fast choice was two strokers or good old carbed Honda cbr150.

We were dreaming about new models and now it is like unbelievable! From where to where.

So, with these many choices, our expectation levels are a lot higher of courselaugh.png

You have to be kidding! I have both and the difference in build quality is night and day. Even if you are right about Kawa's busy designs getting boring fast, at least they didn't start out that way ie Honda. The 500 series of bikes maybe be practical but God they are dull.

To be fair this new 300F actually looks quite nice, but seriously doubt its build quality matches the Ninja 300 or Z250.

macknife , when talking about quality and value , "Honda" has been behind many for the last 7 or 8 years .Now they compare with the other Chineese / Tiawanese companys - which cost less than half. Compare the "Honda 300 (286cc) at 130,000 to the Benelli BN 300 (300cc) at 136,000. Just look at the spec difference , twin front discs , braided lines , USD forks , multi-spoke rims etc etc .Excititng looks are subjective . Only slightly heavier if you want to truly compare specs - 185KG ready to go (16L fuel tank) , so only 7% heavier than the "Honda (300?) with just one rider on board , but with over 20% more power and more torque.

.........After 35 years of biking and 50 odd bikes under my belt, i'd go for a Honda CB300F over a Kawa Z250 or a Keeway sorry Benelli BN300 any day of the week.....

And when you come to sell.........well we all know a second Hand Honda will be high on a perspective purchaser's list....

macknife , when talking about quality and value , "Honda" has been behind many for the last 7 or 8 years .Now they compare with the other Chineese / Tiawanese companys - which cost less than half. Compare the "Honda 300 (286cc) at 130,000 to the Benelli BN 300 (300cc) at 136,000. Just look at the spec difference , twin front discs , braided lines , USD forks , multi-spoke rims etc etc .Excititng looks are subjective . Only slightly heavier if you want to truly compare specs - 185KG ready to go (16L fuel tank) , so only 7% heavier than the "Honda (300?) with just one rider on board , but with over 20% more power and more torque.

I wouldn't go as far as to compare Honda to any Chinese brand. I do think that on their higher end bikes, Honda make excellent bikes with very good quality. Their bigger bikes are amongst the best in the world. I just think their budget bikes are exactly that, budget! Very good engines but everything else is made cheaply so they can out sell the competition. The proof is when you have to buy replacement parts for these bikes, it's so cheap and there's a reason for that.

I own both a CBR and a Ninja. If I was looking to buy a new naked bike, would I pay 20,000B more for the Kawa Z250 over the CB300? In a heart beat. Of course this is just my opinion and some may simply prefer a Honda no matter what.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You have to be kidding! I have both and the difference in build quality is night and day. Even if you are right about Kawa's busy designs getting boring fast, at least they didn't start out that way ie Honda. The 500 series of bikes maybe be practical but God they are dull.

To be fair this new 300F actually looks quite nice, but seriously doubt its build quality matches the Ninja 300 or Z250.

well, i dont agree with you on quality. and when did you get the cb300f?

just sit on one, you will understand what i mean. instrument cluster - same as cb500f -, switches etc all better on cb300f.

Looks are subjective but honda feels like it will look new model even after 5 years as it has a plain, handsome standard design. i like the looks of z250 too dont get me wrong but prefer looks of cb300f.

no, benelli 302 is dry 185 kg and wet 195 kg so it is nearly 40 kg more than a cb300f - 157 kg wet - which means around 25 percent weight difference.

i think it is you behind everything nigel, your info is mostly wrong and misleading as well. If you say Honda is behind in quality and value, you might be living in a different universebiggrin.png

it is plain stupid to pay 136 k thb for a 195 kg 300 cc bike even if it is 37 hp. kawasaki ninja 300 is doing 38 hp from a 168 kg bike. Sorry but whatever the components, it is porky as hell! sure they used iron mackerel cans instead of aluminum oneslaugh.png

When is the release for this bike in Thailand?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its already released......picked mine up today..

"Promotion" price 126,800 B

Plate, tax, Gov't ins - 3,000 B

They are offering 2 years theft insurance for 4,500 B (pay out 90% in the first year and 75% in the second year)....

Very impressed so far...

post-95864-0-16916800-1406282238_thumb.j

Archived