CB 300f

Nebula

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so bad but how much does it cost?

Easily over 10k baht for slip on & over 20k for full as it retails for over $300 for slip on & near $500 for full in the US

Save your $$$ as it gains a measly 1.4 HP & not even a half of 1 pound of torque...sheesh

Wasted effort & $$$ on this one.

Edited by mania

It's more of the weight you lose. About 5kg. This system is a full race system.

The IXIL full system is like 18k

You can always just get a cheap Thai made exhaust and lose 5kgs but it won't look pretty!!

LL do you think if I ask bigwing to dyno my CB300,they'll do it?

You can always just get a cheap Thai made exhaust and lose 5kgs but it won't look pretty!!

If it is something you want to do for fun or sound its all good.

But trust me gains will be unnoticeable in power & weight.

Even if you go the full route as I did with the Ninja of full exhaust,filter system, EFI controller with

various maps etc....at the end of the day....$$$ down the drain

The changes are very small & more in attaining what is basically very close to same speeds

Yes cleaner/quicker...but not really faster & you... do believe it or not... give up a lot as no matter how well adjusted

you get it thru mapping etc...It will never be as civilized if that matter to you wink.png

But fun yes......But at sale time..........pretty much all a loss...unless your willing to go 101%

with cams etc etc etc....About the best you can do for all the newer bikes of any size is tires,brakes & suspension upgrades

Edited by mania

LL do you think if I ask bigwing to dyno my CB300,they'll do it?

they can do for 500 thb, but better ask first before going there. also Dirt Bike Bangkok has dyno for 500 thb as well.

If you like the exhaust, the sound and if you have budget, you can get one, why not? Thai made ones not only are bad quality but also just drop the engine power due to improvised poor designs.

i believe, a full system from a recognized brand, a dynojet pc5 and an airfilter is always good if you plan to keep the bike more and if you are going to track days or a lot of spirited rides.They will give you around 10 percent more power and grunt, lets say, they will give you an edge. Moreover, less weight is always handy of course at any situation. I think yoshi is an expensive brand, maybe there might be cheaper systems from other recognized brands soon.

still, prefer to get a set of premium tires and quality suspensions first of course before any power mods for these low cc bikes. Better tires and suspensions will make you much more faster than the gains you get from power mods at the end, believe me.

Edited by ll2

• 4 weeks later...

Seat cowl yep not straight and also was not long before one my dogs visite my bike....

Fix #1

and the dogs well, they just love those wheels

lol

Very nice looking bike.

Are you saying your dogs a pissing on your ride?? Next time have a bucket of water ready and teach them a lesson. wink.png

Nice lburtonl!

Liked the seat cowl.

Pipe looks cool to along with nive levers.

The led signals on the back hope goes for some time. The same ones i got twice lasted a week!

Thank you

Been having them for a while now, crossing my fingers and if shit happen my tail light have turn signals

Wonder why you put a lever protector on the clutch side?

And if you would have hit the dog your hands would be messed up!

Assume the clutch lever is as prone to damage as the brake lever? If you are going to protect one may as well do both. Would look a bit strange with it on one side only.

Assume the clutch lever is as prone to damage as the brake lever? If you are going to protect one may as well do both. Would look a bit strange with it on one side only.

The one and only purpose of these protectors are that the lever wont get pulled accidentally while riding. So it does make sense for the brake lever but not for the clutch. In a crash these tiny rods will bend and the lever will be <deleted> anyway. But maybe its just senseless pimping....

Yes the idea for these....actually a requirement now in GP

was to protect against brushing another riders body or bike in the extremely close quarters of racing

But....Really no point on the street at all. Of course not saying folks cannot do what they want with their bikes for looks

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2011/november/nov1711-brake-protectors-now-mandatory-in-motogp/

Yes they are standard in motogp but I got them to protect my break and clutch levers from car mirrors and and getting bumped for any reason. I've found myself next buses and they really help in tight quarters. In BKK everything is tight in traffic. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra protection. I've hit mirrors before with my clutch lever and break lever two diffrent times and but times I was able to save it. For my riding style it helps. To each there own.

Edited by blackpanda

Yes they are standard in motogp but I got them to protect my break and clutch levers from car mirrors and and getting bumped for any reason. I've found myself next buses and they really help in tight quarters. In BKK everything is tight in traffic. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra protection. I've hit mirrors before with my clutch lever and break lever two diffrent times and but times I was able to save it. For my riding style it helps. To each there own.

Well makes somehow sense but on the other hand those protectors do makes your handle bar wider which makes it more difficult to slip through heavy traffic. Iam preferring short or adjustable levers so they doesn't stick out too much.

The one and only purpose of these protectors are that the lever wont get pulled accidentally while riding. So it does make sense for the brake lever but not for the clutch. In a crash these tiny rods will bend and the lever will be <deleted> anyway. But maybe its just senseless pimping....

One and only purpose? Fine by me, why argue? Remember a grid in Moto GP, rider clipped bike next to him, ass over tit at high speed.

One and only purpose? Fine by me, why argue? Remember a grid in Moto GP, rider clipped bike next to him, ass over tit at high speed.

As I said before folks can add what ever they like to their bikes...

But racing MotoGP & street riding are very different scenarios

In racing the two objects are traveling same speed same direction in extremely close quarters

There are time they literally are leaning on each other mid turn

But on the street? I think folks are confused

First off your bar ends are usually further out than your lever

Secondly if you clip something moving in the same direction as you & it actually depressed your brake lever

you already have far more serious problems than a brake being applied as your bars are likely already shunted

left or right

Clipping something coming at you? Worse but same result if it is pressing your brake

you were already on your way to meeting Mr asphalt anyway wink.png

But again if a street bike & folks like the "look" of it go for it

If folks do track days for sure something to have

As I said before folks can add what ever they like to their bikes...

But racing MotoGP & street riding are very different scenarios

In racing the two objects are traveling same speed same direction in extremely close quarters

There are time they literally are leaning on each other mid turn

But on the street? I think folks are confused

First off your bar ends are usually further out than your lever

Secondly if you clip something moving in the same direction as you & it actually depressed your brake lever

you already have far more serious problems than a brake being applied as your bars are likely already shunted

left or right

Clipping something coming at you? Worse but same result if it is pressing your brake

you were already on your way to meeting Mr asphalt anyway wink.png

But again if a street bike & folks like the "look" of it go for it

If folks do track days for sure something to have

Agreed. Bog standard is my ride. Warranty runs out do what you want.

Actually the space in which they stick out isn't more than a few millimeters. Hardly anything. The biggest difference was when they took out the bar stabilizers. The bike really felt like a big bike at that point but it lasted only a little while as I got used to it every quickly.

Actually the space in which they stick out isn't more than a few millimeters. Hardly anything. The biggest difference was when they took out the bar stabilizers. The bike really felt like a big bike at that point but it lasted only a little while as I got used to it every quickly.

?

Happy New Year folks. I bought mine a week ago, done about 700 km so far and I like it. The only thing that pisses me off is that cheap saddle ))

My question to this topic is where could I buy some aftermarket parts to it (preferably in Phuket), namely levers, grips, pipe maybe.

I would also like to join the band of stock tires haters ))

Thanx

Happy New Year folks. I bought mine a week ago, done about 700 km so far and I like it. The only thing that pisses me off is that cheap saddle ))

My question to this topic is where could I buy some aftermarket parts to it (preferably in Phuket), namely levers, grips, pipe maybe.

Thanx

Don't know if you saw the pics of my bike,but I bought most of my parts from Biker Villa ( just 5mins from my house )

Levers,grips,caps,tank pad,windshield,radiator grill,LED smoked tail light, LED blinkers and my tail

Bought my seat cowl and the wheel bands down in the States

You can also have a look at www.bikers.co.th

Edited by LburtonL

Thanx

'k speed bangkok' has a wide selection of parts for cb300.

check it out. they also posts parts.