CB 300f

Nebula

Ridercnx808 , ive just fell off my chair laughing !. I couldnt be botherd to look up all the "Honda" problems , as im well aware the quality is at the lowest level it has ever been. Now it looks worse than i thought , and worse than many will admit. There seem to be thousands of faults with Hondas in general , some of them serious. With engines blowing up at just 1,000 km to others that last nearly 10,000 km before serious issues. WOW. Proves the point. Love fest over. There are so many better and/or cheaper alternatives coming onto the market theres no need to buy a second rate Honda. The Sym lookes very nice (had to watch the video a few times before i noticed it !). A fine example of a nice looking , well designed bike.Im sure it will be priced well , and last longer than 1,000 km. Choice is good if your educated enough to look. EDIT - DrAzTIK , thanks for the video , hows the Keeway going in Chiang Mai ?.

Edited by ktm jeff

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridercnx808 , ive just fell off my chair laughing !. I couldnt be botherd to look up all the "Honda" problems , as im well aware the quality is at the lowest level it has ever been. Now it looks worse than i thought , and worse than many will admit. There seem to be thousands of faults with Hondas in general , some of them serious. With engines blowing up at just 1,000 km to others that last nearly 10,000 km before serious issues. WOW. Proves the point. Love fest over. There are so many better and/or cheaper alternatives coming onto the market theres no need to buy a second rate Honda. The Sym lookes very nice (had to watch the video a few times before i noticed it !). A fine example of a nice looking , well designed bike.Im sure it will be priced well , and last longer than 1,000 km. Choice is good if your educated enough to look. EDIT - DrAzTIK , thanks for the video , hows the Keeway going in Chiang Mai ?.

jeff, you're like a stuck record...

could someone give him a "nudge"............ ??

Those CBR250's sure do lose their value. The resale value must be about the worst for any vehicle on the planet! biggrin.png

You would think that a) It's a Honda, B.) Vehicles in Thailand rarely lose any value when being put up for sale.

Obviously those points missed this bike. crazy.gif

My RKV200 still run very fine (17 000km, and only the carburetor have failed), I cannot complain about this bike and for what it worth, many thai girls like my RkV.

The fact is that I would like a more "serious" bike. I am wondering about the CBF300 but I will wait a little bit..

Come on ll2 get over it mate, Honda is not what it used to be. You have never had any problems but that's just you. It could also be the fact you change your bikes pretty often so you never have it long enough before the problems start. Of course all bikes can have different problems at some time or other but you just can't seem to accept that Honda has more than their fair share. It seems like every couple of weeks someone is on here asking about a problem on their Honda. I can recall at least 4 issues in the last couple of weeks. This one, a Click with a dead engine, plenty of judder issues, a CBR that stalls every time its put in first gear, clunky gearbox.

I can tell you right now about my Honda CBR. Around the 1500km mark my engine blew...engine rebuild. About 1000kms later....Clutch went. Another 1000kms the dash lights went out...New instrument cluster. I could go on about after 2 years it just looked tatty and faded with rust here and there, even though it was never parked in the rain and regularly maintained. I didn't report any of that here on Thaivisa, so I wonder how many others there are out there just like me. I now have the new Ninja, 10kms on it and no major problems at all. Give it a wash and wax and it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

Once in a blue moon we hear about a problem with a Yamaha. The Kawasaki 250/300, ER6N, Ninja650, Versys, Z800/Z1000 have been very very quiet for quite sometime, I wonder why that is?

I'm not saying Honda are bad but you need to get over your love fest, you're staring to make yourself look silly, which is sad as clearly you have some very useful and sometimes knowledgeable information for other users on here.

As far as the issue with the gearbox on this new 300 all I'll say is, Honda are good at honouring their warranties and I'm sure they'll sort it out. Getting a new bike may just mean that you'll have to sort out this gearbox issue again sometime down the line.

what i am saying and dont like is if someone is saying here honda has lots of problems from shims, cam chain blah blah blah then i would like to see some reports and links. Where are they? just a guy or two? Comments like 'oh there might be more but they dont report' also sounds empty talk to me or assumptions and when i state this, it become Honda love fest?

Here you go, as many problems as you can handle reading about.

problems

Heres more, in case you need to step back into reality.

mo problems

i dont see any problems apart from usual bs you can get from any forum regarding any bike. forget bikes, any forum about any product will include some problems.

yeah, check it out.

free play at clutch lever, rough idle at cold start and some users without much knowledge complaining about the bikes. so again, one or two cases among tens of thousands of bikes. so?

besides, here is cb300f thread.

jeff, you're like a stuck record...

could someone give him a "nudge"............ ??

yeah sure i can give him a nudge.

so for you jeff, we all sell our good hondas and buy sym.

why dont you change your username to sym jeffcheesy.gif

my god. did you open a sym shop or something?

welcome to jeff's honda hate fest! nothing but derailing a topic with ki kwai.

Edited by ll2

This bike is waaaaaay better than the CBF300.

Don't ask me why

Full ack. The video shows clearly, the T3 will never have any problems and wins hands down wub.png

Sadly the SYM Importer in Thailand is not interested in selling SYM motorbikes, instead they sell scooters noone needs, apart from the two maxiscooters. Don't ask me why.

Strange place this motorcycle forum.

Strange poster on this motorcycle forum.

It's a bit disappointing to see an overly emotional guy try to take over a forum with his ignorant point of views, and everybody else who disagrees gets attacked and called names. saai.gif

More CB300, less anger and name calling please. smile.png

Edited by Deacon Bell

Come on ll2 get over it mate, Honda is not what it used to be. You have never had any problems but that's just you. It could also be the fact you change your bikes pretty often so you never have it long enough before the problems start. Of course all bikes can have different problems at some time or other but you just can't seem to accept that Honda has more than their fair share. It seems like every couple of weeks someone is on here asking about a problem on their Honda. I can recall at least 4 issues in the last couple of weeks. This one, a Click with a dead engine, plenty of judder issues, a CBR that stalls every time its put in first gear, clunky gearbox.

I can tell you right now about my Honda CBR. Around the 1500km mark my engine blew...engine rebuild. About 1000kms later....Clutch went. Another 1000kms the dash lights went out...New instrument cluster. I could go on about after 2 years it just looked tatty and faded with rust here and there, even though it was never parked in the rain and regularly maintained. I didn't report any of that here on Thaivisa, so I wonder how many others there are out there just like me. I now have the new Ninja, 10kms on it and no major problems at all. Give it a wash and wax and it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

Once in a blue moon we hear about a problem with a Yamaha. The Kawasaki 250/300, ER6N, Ninja650, Versys, Z800/Z1000 have been very very quiet for quite sometime, I wonder why that is?

I'm not saying Honda are bad but you need to get over your love fest, you're staring to make yourself look silly, which is sad as clearly you have some very useful and sometimes knowledgeable information for other users on here.

As far as the issue with the gearbox on this new 300 all I'll say is, Honda are good at honouring their warranties and I'm sure they'll sort it out. Getting a new bike may just mean that you'll have to sort out this gearbox issue again sometime down the line.

what i am saying and dont like is if someone is saying here honda has lots of problems from shims, cam chain blah blah blah then i would like to see some reports and links. Where are they? just a guy or two? Comments like 'oh there might be more but they dont report' also sounds empty talk to me or assumptions and when i state this, it become Honda love fest?

Here you go, as many problems as you can handle reading about.

problems

Heres more, in case you need to step back into reality.

mo problems

i dont see any problems apart from usual bs you can get from any forum regarding any bike. forget bikes, any forum about any product will include some problems.

yeah, check it out.

free play at clutch lever, rough idle at cold start and some users without much knowledge complaining about the bikes. so again, one or two cases among tens of thousands of bikes. so?

Maybe you should dig deeper than the first page.

or do you need it spoon fed to you to?

1) Ignition Problem - not newb related

2) Gear shifting problem - not newb related, my bike does it too.

3) Faulty off/run switch - my bike had the same problem

4) Gas tank breather problem

5) Insufficient grounding Honda has admitted

6) Keeps stalling

7) Timing chain assembly noise

8) Broken transmission output seal

if you need more just let me know, the best is yet to come wink.png

I havent even gotten into the valve train assembly issues or broken cranks yet....nor the metallurgy inconsistencies of the brake rotors, which you yourself are having accelerated wear with - its not do to racing, BIRA is a wide flowing track.

Edited by Ridercnx808

yeah, check it out.

6) Keeps stalling

so, what are you trying to prove here? I had none of those problems above and many here. check kawasaki 300, suzuki gsxr, bmw s1000rr so if we accept what you say, there is no good reliable maker/bike on earth then!

just search any bike with problems, you will see some on these list. forget bikes, search any brand with problems and you see problems.

so we dont buy any brand or any bike? c'mon, your rationale does not make nay sensebiggrin.png

and also as i stated, here is a cb300f thread and you still keep coming and posting problems about cbr250 and derailing the topic by just trying to prove yourself in this forum maybe? no need for that i believe.

so, if what you say is true, it means Honda, bmw, kawa and all other manufacturers with problems are cheating and selling faulty products all over the world? all those government tests and very strong consumer rights especially all over Europe, US etc? so you know better all those engineers/testers etc spent years on these?

Moreover, honda sells a lot of these small cc bikes so percentage of problems might be more.

dont be funny man. what you say does not prove anything. same as a list of problems does not prove any problems for kawasaki 300 as all solved problems or recalls or these manufacturers stand beside their products.

honda replaces a problematic bike with a new one as exampled here or kawa changes a blown engine even though the warranty is way over.

So, it means no problems.

anyway, back to the topic.

k speed listed some more mods for cb300f!

http://www.k-speed.net/product_1069708_th

like a fake yoshi bike, tail tidy/license plate holder and radiator coves plus some more cosmetics. and cheap!

post-184955-0-44673500-1409539583_thumb.

post-184955-0-20184500-1409539584_thumb.

Edited by ll2

Strange place this motorcycle forum.

Strange poster on this motorcycle forum.

It's a bit disappointing to see an overly emotional guy try to take over a forum with his ignorant point of views, and everybody else who disagrees gets attacked and called names. saai.gif

More CB300, less anger and name calling please. smile.png

x10000

if you need to know wich cucumber is the biggest, it's the wrong thread !!!

6) Keeps stalling

so, what are you trying to prove here? I had none of those problems above and many here. check kawasaki 300, suzuki gsxr, bmw s1000rr so if we accept what you say, there is no good reliable maker/bike on earth then!

just search any bike with problems, you will see some on these list. forget bikes, search any brand with problems and you see problems.

so we dont buy any brand or any bike? c'mon, your rationale does not make nay sensebiggrin.png

and also as i stated, here is a cb300f thread and you still keep coming and posting problems about cbr250 and derailing the topic by just trying to prove yourself in this forum maybe? no need for that i believe.

so, if what you say is true, it means Honda, bmw, kawa and all other manufacturers with problems are cheating and selling faulty products all over the world? all those government tests and very strong consumer rights especially all over Europe, US etc? so you know better all those engineers/testers etc spent years on these?

Moreover, honda sells a lot of these small cc bikes so percentage of problems might be more.

dont be funny man. what you say does not prove anything. same as a list of problems does not prove any problems for kawasaki 300 as all solved problems or recalls or these manufacturers stand beside their products.

honda replaces a problematic bike with a new one as exampled here or kawa changes a blown engine even though the warranty is way over.

like a fake yoshi bike, tail tidy/license plate holder and radiator coves plus some more cosmetics. and cheap!

Were you or were you not asking for links with proof and testimonials as evidence?

a simple yes or no will suffice, no need to get emotional.

I saw a promotional video that clearly said 300cc in Thai, in big bold writing along the bottom of the screen.

I thought it was rather poor of Honda. False advertizing really. Whatever about calling it a CBR300 when it is only 286cc, but stating that it is 300cc in their promotional work is poor taste.

6) Keeps stalling

Were you or were you not asking for links with proof and testimonials as evidence?

well, i am a member of cbr250.net for 3+ years and well aware of that problems and issue page at the forum. plus i never claimed Honda's never have problems!

But, those links does not prove anything to say 'All Honda's have problems and issues! with these and thats!'

But, yeah congrats for coming with the links at least not like some empty talk like others still they do not prove anything IMO. I can post you more problems and issues regarding cbr250r but i can do it for any bike or model as well on Earth! and again, they do not mean all Hondas or kawasakis or BMWS are problematic!

and again, here is cb300f forum. maybe you state those links at cbr250 thread so cbr250r owners can get some information?

Edited by ll2

6) Keeps stalling

well, i am a member of cbr250.net for 3+ years and well aware of that problems and issue page at the forum. plus i never claimed Honda's never have problems!

But, those links does not prove anything to say 'All Honda's have problems and issues! with these and thats!'

But, yeah congrats for coming with the links at least not like some empty talk like others still they do not prove anything IMO. I can post you more problems and issues regarding cbr250r but i can do it for any bike or model as well on Earth! and again, they do not mean all Hondas or kawasakis or BMWS are problematic!

and again, here is cb300f forum. maybe you state those links at cbr250 thread so cbr250r owners can get some information?

LOL Whatever your worse than my ex girlfriend.

LOL Whatever your worse than my ex girlfriend.

yeah LOL. nothing to say now throwing your poor old gf? your gf also has some 'very serious' problems like all!! Hondas? or is it you?clap2.gif

Edited by ll2

I just received the quotation sheets for the 300 from Bikers :))))))))))

Like I thought so, price was jack up big time on the japeneese website ....

Almost every part available on it except the engine guard set ...will get that soon

As far for factory picture of all parts it will take over month (estimate) they told me

I'm a happy man and ready to spend some ฿฿฿฿฿฿

:)

I just received the quotation sheets for the 300 from Bikers smile.png)))))))))

Like I thought so, price was jack up big time on the japeneese website ....

Almost every part available on it except the engine guard set ...will get that soon

As far for factory picture of all parts it will take over month (estimate) they told me

I'm a happy man and ready to spend some ฿฿฿฿฿฿

smile.png

nice.

be careful for colored bits. they fade away after a while if you keep them under sun and rain too much.

black bits no probs, less fade. also be careful while cleaning them. they get scratches.

nice....be careful for colored bits. they fade away after a while if you keep them under sun and rain too much.

black bits no probs, less fade. also be careful while cleaning them. they get scratches.

Thanx for the advice

My bike when i'm not on it prefer the shadow and he love to stay at home when there's rain on the forecast ;)

if anyone would like the quotation sheets just let me know

Edited by LburtonL