I'm in soi 5 immigration now

That's great! But the "old hand" with all of the gold on her BIB uniform in the office aat Soi 5 won't be the one that you will have to deal with at swampy, letter or no letter!

• Like 2

Great news so far Frank, keep that paperwork and make a note of her name rank etc and hope you never need to use it smile.png

ubonjoe, one does not mean itll be the same for all at every gate, you should know how it works at imm and some of the people that work there.

Edited by englishoak

Well done franky, for going that extra mile in posting your photo diary evidence, all us offshore guys must be concerned about the confusion,

I'll find out some info myself soon enough, I'm flying out with the wife and kids in the next couple days for a wee break

I'm in on a non imm o multi, and don't anticipate any issues, but I will bring extra evidence with me just in case, I'm in process of changing employer (international) so have been in country a wee bit longer than my normal rotations, also initially came in on visa exempt, for a week or so before travelling to neighbouring country for new non imm o.

Hopefully things will iron out soon enough and we'll all get a clearer picture of the situation.

Best o luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She said have photocopy of daughters passports and birth Certs

my local immigration officer gave me her card in case I had problems and said it was okay to have them phone her. might help.

Bugger. Should have done that myself

Nice one Franky

I have been in a panic this morning after reading up on here, Im due to fly back from Saudi next Thursday, I have an email from the embassy here stating what I need to get my family visa next time and also a return ticket, they told me just to go back on tourist visa (30 day), I do not have any other option. Even have my wife and kids Thai passports (not sure why lol).

I am hoping they give me entrance on a TR.

On a side note, if the unthinkable happens, do you think we would get the chance to speak with an immigration manager at the airport to state our case?

Nice one Franky

I have been in a panic this morning after reading up on here, Im due to fly back from Saudi next Thursday, I have an email from the embassy here stating what I need to get my family visa next time and also a return ticket, they told me just to go back on tourist visa (30 day), I do not have any other option. Even have my wife and kids Thai passports (not sure why lol).

On a side note, if the unthinkable happens, do you think we would get the chance to speak with an immigration manager at the airport to state our case?

If you have been out of the country for a while you will have no problem entering and getting a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a tourist visa).

Is your family traveling with you?

Nice one Franky

If you have been out of the country for a while you will have no problem entering and getting a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a tourist visa).

Is your family traveling with you?

Hi Joe / Mario

I will have been out of Thailand nearly 35 days, I normally work anything between 4 - 6 weeks away. I will be travelling alone, I just forgot to leave my families passports at home in Thailand.

Whilst I have been in Saudi I have been intouch with the consulate and I have all the information of what I need to bring next time in order for me to apply for my family visa, I had had one in the past but due to work commitments I now just rely on the exempt one as many others do in our trade.

I now know I need the family one and plan to get that next time, I have no other option now but to try and enter back on an exempt visa, the consulate even stated this.

I have my return ticket and can prove I work away, I am just worried I will get denied.....reading so many posts on here I don't know what to expect. If the worst does happen I will definatley try and speak to a supervisor, for what good that will do, I need to get home to get the documents together for the family visa.

It also proves that guy saying he got refused at Swampy last night was bullshitting

Actually it doesn't. The officers make different decisions all the time depending on the individual circumstances.

Fair enough yes. I think I personally will be ok as long as I have the docs at hand. I fly out Sunday, I am due back aug 18th. My work know Thailand is going through visa changes. They will fly me to Thailand or the UK. What ever I want. Naturally I'll be keeping an eye on things here.

Basically I have a 5 week buffer zone

• Like 1

Why would you need these, if what your doing is fine anyway..

It contradicts itself, its either OK in and of itself and needs no justification, or it isnt.. Saying its OK but bring other reasons means it maybe isnt Ok.

It contradicts itself, its either OK in and of itself and needs no justification, or it isnt.. Saying its OK but bring other reasons means it maybe isnt Ok.

Because she works in immigration and told me to carry them.

Simple

You could also get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos while you are here if you don't want to bother with it you go back.

That will be my plan if I get refused entry, I will have to get the documents sent to the airport.

Hi guys

I have read before no problems 5 weeks in 5 weeks out of country...I am 5/5 and extend at soi 5 for 1 week every trip but now some people saying you cant do this.

Anyone know the truth ?

Regards

Brian

Simple

But dont you see how it undermines the statement that "its all fine what your doing is OK" if you have to use other documents to help your case..

Its either OK or it isnt.. Needing a daughters birth cert means it maybe isnt ok.

Hi guys

I have read before no problems 5 weeks in 5 weeks out of country...I am 5/5 and extend at soi 5 for 1 week every trip but now some people saying you cant do this.

Anyone know the truth ?

Regards

Brian

Have you read the post in this topic or ??

And maybe you can qualify for a Non-O visa ? What is your age, are you married ?

Simple

But dont you see how it undermines the statement that "its all fine what your doing is OK" if you have to use other documents to help your case..

Its either OK or it isnt.. Needing a daughters birth cert means it maybe isnt ok.

Ok

Is it possible you only got your stay because you have a daughter? Will someone else in a similar situation without a child be given the same treatment?

Is it possible you only got your stay because you have a daughter? Will someone else in a similar situation without a child be given the same treatment?

Mate I have not been out and in since this all kicked off. I fly out to work on Sunday for 28 days.

do they give visa extensions on second double turist visa ? i need go there tommorow and bit stress, cuz visa running out on sunday..

to answer your question, yes they do and why should they stop doing that?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos