Nice Hotels In Patong That Don't Charge For 'guests'?

twobefrank

Any recommendations for 'decent' hotels close enough to be in the action but far enough away not to be noisy? Looking for a hotel with pool that is not carry a ethical stance or try to fleece you for bringing a guest home. Any recommendations people?

Thanks a lot - do appreciate your advice.

why would a hotel charge for an extra guest if you book a double-room and check in alone ? I stay at hotels in many Asian countries at least 70-80 days a year and always book and pay for a double room even I check in as a single person..... never had any problems bringing somebody to the room then, though it didnt happen often..... as long as that person is of legal age of course and carries an ID card..... always try to get TWO breakfast-vouchers when checking in, thus, if they security-guard or night auditor wanna start a riot at night, just show the 2 vouchers so he knows u paid for a double room and avoid an embarassing scene.....

In all your so many times staying you have never stayed in a hotel with a joiner charge.. Most of the higher end and even mid range places add a joiner fee.. Standard practice here. Bring a guest that isnt listed on the register at check in and they bill you.

Try this friendly hotel with swimming pool, where my family stayed in May, the rate for double is 1,000 baht with breakfast no extra charge for guest, just 10-minute walk to patong beach. www.andatelhotel.com

Edited by Thaising

Any recommendations for 'decent' hotels close enough to be in the action but far enough away not to be noisy? Looking for a hotel with pool that is not carry a ethical stance or try to fleece you for bringing a guest home. Any recommendations people?

Take a look at this site. They have plenty of listings for hotels that are guest friendly.

http://www.barladies.com/

Take care.

Edited by westcoastnative

Take a look at this site. They have plenty of listings for hotels that are guest friendly.

Take care.

Try the Sunhill my friend I have stayed there 3 times some 9 weeks in total the sevice is excellent the staff the same there is a swimming pool and two sections to the hotel one thro reception the other around the pool come and go as you please ... both sections have no problems with (guests) it is owned and run by Roman a german..

Take care.

Ha ha ! Just got this msge while trying to log onto barladies.com...

......Sorry! the web site you are accessing has been blocked by ministry of information and communication technology....

Maybe its because of all the hotels on there that encourage prostitution !! :o

Take care.

Ha ha ! Just got this msge while trying to log onto barladies.com...

......Sorry! the web site you are accessing has been blocked by ministry of information and communication technology....

Maybe its because of all the hotels on there that encourage prostitution !! :o

I have heard that some members in Thailand are getting blocked. I live outside the country and have no problems. I believe the solution is to go through a proxy server.

Edited by westcoastnative