Visa Extension For Wife

My friend,UK citizen,is married with a Thai and has a visa thereof.

Elderly people,both,no children of minor age,well,perhaps a marriage of convenience.

Now thei're having problems living together.

Should they separate or divorce,what's the outcome for my friend?Must she change her visa to a retirement visa or are there other solutions?

Must she leave Thailand for the change of visa?

Though I hope they will stay together and be happy,would like to know if there is a way for her to stay in Thailand after a separation :o

My friend,UK citizen,is married with a Thai and has a visa thereof.

Elderly people,both,no children of minor age,well,perhaps a marriage of convenience.

Now thei're having problems living together.

Should they separate or divorce,what's the outcome for my friend?Must she change her visa to a retirement visa or are there other solutions?

Must she leave Thailand for the change of visa?

Though I hope they will stay together and be happy,would like to know if there is a way for her to stay in Thailand after a separation :o

If she decides to end the marriage and if she is over 50 years old, she can change the extension of marriage to retirement. In this case she needs to have 800K in a bank account or a pension of 65K per month.

She could also change it to a extension of stay based on investment, if she has bought or owns a condo from a developer worth 3 million Baht. it can also be money in a Thai state bank.

She does not need to leave Thailand for this change.

www.lawyer.th.com