BTV internet

pen

A few raindrops late afternoon at Mabprachan Lake, then good bye BTV internet, which normally means it's up and running tomorrow morning No action after office closing !!

Fed up with this Company, but have no other options, have to spend a lot of money to purchase 3G for my aircard

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, it is their standard cable. They offer 36.000 THB to install fibre cable (400 meter).....but even fibre cabling it is still problem with bandwith on int. Gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree. BTV are shocking. Customer service is hopeless, engineers are pretty poor. Few months back, it went off every night at 2030, almost to the minute, for about 2 weeks. Looked like someone was switching off the lights after work, and went that little bit further.

However, they appear to have a monopoly. And know it too

I have had BTV cable internet in Naklua since we moved here two and a half years ago, and it has been fine. There have been a few problems, but they were addressed in fairly quick order. Night and weekend service can be a problem, I agree.

"A few raindrops late afternoon at Mabprachan Lake, then good bye BTV internet, which normally means it's up and running tomorrow morning No action after office closing !!

Fed up with this Company, but have no other options"

Same problem here.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a BTV subscriber several years, I'm subscriber number 8.

BTV has been ok (not great) most of the time..

So slooww for the past 3 months.

Finally came out with a new modem that works..

Claimed it's so expensive they must charge 2,500 Baht..

OK, I paid and got a receipt.

Later found they did NOT charge Thai subscribers. Only farangs.

Beware everyone, they will rip you off. DO NOT give them 1 baht..

• 1 year later...

I've been a BTV subscriber several years, I'm subscriber number 8.

BTV has been ok (not great) most of the time..

So slooww for the past 3 months.

Finally came out with a new modem that works..

Claimed it's so expensive they must charge 2,500 Baht..

OK, I paid and got a receipt.

Later found they did NOT charge Thai subscribers. Only farangs.

Beware everyone, they will rip you off. DO NOT give them 1 baht..

I can confirm your statement.

They have fiber optic cable now 400 meter from my door. Went there today and spoke with a lady that called herself manager ( probably from the toilet) and told me 40.000 Baht to bring it in.

I asked her which Thai would bleed 40K for a connection, and she answered no Thais don't pay that.

So I questioned her if that pole with the box they installed was a farang rip off pole, which she confirmed.

I informed her that I'm the only farang in the area, so good luck ever getting a subscriber.

Edited by Anthony5

I have had BTV cable internet in Naklua since we moved here two and a half years ago, and it has been fine. There have been a few problems, but they were addressed in fairly quick order. Night and weekend service can be a problem, I agree.

have BTV internet via cable TV since 2 months in Naklua/Condo and so far all fine.

I am also in Naklua in a village and have BTV TV/i-net from cable and it's been fairly good over the last 5 years and they even pulled a new cable from the street to my house for free since they found the underground one bad.

However during the heavy rain storm Saturday a week ago it went dead for the rest of the weekend and was first fixed Monday at noon time.

I had TOT before that and that was crap, very very low speeds but perhaps they improved?

Since this thread has been sleeping for over a year, I would like to resurrect it if you don't mind.

BTV freshly installed fiber optic at about 400 meter distance of my place.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846029-is-this-cable-tv-or-fiber-optic/

So I went to the BTV office a few times in the past 2 days, and am a bit astonished, at the least.

I would prefer Fiber Optic, as I understand that is the premium quality, and the Coaxial cable is inferior for internet.

To get the FO extended 400 meter to my place they want 40.000 Baht, that is only for the installation, and another 2500 Bht/month for 20 Mb down.

However they offer me Coaxial at 780/Mnth for 10 Mb and I think 1250 Bht/ month for 14 Mb down. Free installation if I pay a year upfront.

The question is however if the quality they deliver over Coaxial has changed in the past year, and is worth the money or not.

I'm for example not interested to pay 750 Bht for 10 Mb if in reality I will only get 1 Mb.

Please add your experience

Hi Anthony5

Just read your comments.

I had the 14/1 service until recently was reasonable but I think expensive. Fairly reliable and speeds usually over 10Mb down. Like you I flatly refused the Fibre very expensive.

I now have the 3BB service which is 15/1 and costs 900 +tax also a reliable service and good speed. Will probably go for their fibre service when available at 1200Baht for 30/3 speed

My location Natheekarn Park View on Reservoir Road towards Siam Country Club Road.

Hope this helps

Hi Anthony5

Just read your comments.

I had the 14/1 service until recently was reasonable but I think expensive. Fairly reliable and speeds usually over 10Mb down. Like you I flatly refused the Fibre very expensive.

I now have the 3BB service which is 15/1 and costs 900 +tax also a reliable service and good speed. Will probably go for their fibre service when available at 1200Baht for 30/3 speed

My location Natheekarn Park View on Reservoir Road towards Siam Country Club Road.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.

1250 is indeed maybe a bit high for 14Mb, but BTV is the only option in my area.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if BTV cable internet throttles speeds regarding torrent, usenet download or streaming IPTV?

Got a fair deal for the 10Mb package if I pay 1 year upfront, and consider signing up, but the above would of course make it less interesting for me

Another bump since nobody on this forum seems to use BTV internet.

Please post your experiences with the cable internet from other local cable companies, as there are Sophon, TMN, Jomtien TV or maybe others.

I assume that their service will be comparable to BTV.

Coaxial distribution should be fine as long as the coax is in good condition and any joins have been properly sealed against the elements. Attention also needs to be paid to any splitters or amps in the circuit.

The advantage of fibre (apart from the higher bandwidth potentially available) is that it doesnt suffer from signal degradation at all when wet. As long as the fibre isnt actually broken or kinked then should will work perfectly.

I had Sophon cable (by co-ax) for several years in my condo and it was very reliable.

After shocking service with 3BB I moved to BTV 2 years ago. I think its about 790 a month for 10 down and 1 up. To be honest I am happy with it. Most of my tv comes in via the internet (servers in Thailand) now and I have no problems in general, they do throw in the cable TV for free with that so in the event that the line goes down there is still TV to keep the family happy.

Torrent speeds are not capped either.

I'm pretty happy with the customer service, with problems I have found that if I call in the morning, they usually get round in the same day, however no one works the phones on a Sunday. No real desire to change at the moment, does what it says on the tin.

Whats the current price, I am up for renewal soon?

Edited by sungod

After shocking service with 3BB I moved to BTV 2 years ago. I think its about 790 a month for 10 down and 1 up. To be honest I am happy with it. Most of my tv comes in via the internet (servers in Thailand) now and I have no problems in general, they do throw in the cable TV for free with that so in the event that the line goes down there is still TV to keep the family happy.

I'm pretty happy with the customer service, with problems I have found that if I call in the morning, they usually get round in the same day, however no one works the phones on a Sunday. No real desire to change at the moment, does what it says on the tin.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I notice you say that they don't work the phones on a Sunday, so that translates as that you needed to call them on Sundays.

How many times in those 2 years you had to call them to report problems?

Have you done a speedtest to Bangkok or international servers, and if so how was the result?

The current price is still 790 Bht, but they discount 100 Bht if you don't need the cable tv.

Please post your experiences with the cable internet from other local cable companies, as there are Sophon, TMN, Jomtien TV or maybe others.

is BVT still in business? I thought TMN took it over or pushed them out.

TMN is now available in areas's where it was not before, however their cable service is ridiculously expansive, especially the set up and modem costs.

I would try True if available

is BVT still in business? I thought TMN took it over or pushed them out.

TMN is now available in areas's where it was not before, however their cable service is ridiculously expansive, especially the set up and modem costs.

I would try True if available

BTV my only option, other than True and Dtac 3G, and True 4G which gives me +25 Mb download speeds, but of course has limited allowance.

Looks like BTV is still in business, as I've visited their offices a few times already, but for fiber indeed very expensive at 2500 Bht or something.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I notice you say that they don't work the phones on a Sunday, so that translates as that you needed to call them on Sundays.

How many times in those 2 years you had to call them to report problems?

Have you done a speedtest to Bangkok or international servers, and if so how was the result?

The current price is still 790 Bht, but they discount 100 Bht if you don't need the cable tv.

I had a problem a month back on a Sunday, think it was the super heavy rain on Saturday night someone else mentioned.I called but no answer.

Over 2 years probably called them half a dozen times, usually pretty quick resolution.

Speeds to Bankok are 10-12 down, 1 up.

Dont really bother about international but just did the UK on Ookla and it says 3.7 down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...