back to back tourist visas at Vientiene

Anyone know of the current status of back to back tourist visas at Vientiane?

I don't mean getting turned away at the border. I mean actually receiving the visa at the consulate.

Any reports of being denied recently?

Regards.

Edited by happysanook

Good to hear. I'll be applying in Vientiane this week and heading back to Thailand. I'll keep looking for reports to see if there are any changes. I wonder if it might make any difference if you go back over the friendship bridge or through the immigration in the Nong Khai train station. Anyone know if one is more harda##ed than the other? I'll start a new thread to let you all know how it goes for me.

A loose friend of mine just has been to Vientiane with Visa exempt stamp, did some shopping and got the next stamp when comming back.

Nothing required although he was prepared with cash, short term rental agreement and schools documents.

I wouldn't have expected this wink.png

Bye,

Derk

so i guess the new policy is the consulates and embassys will issue tourist visa's at their discretion, which is often liberal since there is a high fee involved for a small amount or work(a stamp). but this will not necessarily get the 'tourist' into the country

• 6 months later...

A friend of mine mentioned being asked for a Bank Statement and hotel reservations in Laos (he wasn't specific on where he got the triple entry, but I guess it was not Vientaine). Anyways, having failed to meet the requirements for a tourist visa in Jakarta does anyone know if Vientaine needs Bank Statement and hotel reservations and if they need reservations for how long?

A friend of mine mentioned being asked for a Bank Statement and hotel reservations in Laos (he wasn't specific on where he got the triple entry, but I guess it was not Vientaine). Anyways, having failed to meet the requirements for a tourist visa in Jakarta does anyone know if Vientaine needs Bank Statement and hotel reservations and if they need reservations for how long?

They ask for nothing more than your passport and a completed application form with photos attached plus the 2000 baht fee.. They will do a 2 entry visa.

The only ask for proof or residence and financial proof if you have gotten several visas there and that is a stamp on the visa telling you that it will be needed the next time you apply.

7 years in Thailand with tourist visa

Vientiane embassy asked me copies of my bank booklet and copy of her Id card as she was inviting me. I didn't have her Id and they didn't ask anything more.

I just said next time I will make a copy of her Thai passport and will join it with her sponsoring letter.

Edited by VIPinthailand
  • Like 1

I applied for double entry in Dec 14 without ever going there before (one previous Savarnakhet Aug 13) was refused and only given single.

stamp on single entry saying proof of residence and financial income next time. red stamp on top of visa saying PP holder travels to Thailand several times under tourist visa, which may result in refusal in future.

I applied for double entry in Dec 14 without ever going there before (one previous Savarnakhet Aug 13) was refused and only given single.

stamp on single entry saying proof of residence and financial income next time. red stamp on top of visa saying PP holder travels to Thailand several times under tourist visa, which may result in refusal in future.

Did you applied in person? Anything noticeable happened when you applied ?

You may consider getting a new passport.