28/28 rotations: is there a maximum of 30 day visa on arrivals per year?

Looks like I've been a very lucky chappie for the last few years then, there was once a year or 2 back I was sent back from imm queue to the health screen counter, at the time I think some health issue with one country I transited through, can't remember which, but still no yellow fever book asked for, only a yes/no questionaire to fill in before getting an all clear,
anyway apologies for straying off topic guys.

quote name="Enjoyurlife" Usually you do need a yellow fever bookie if you enter the country from Africa. You need to go to the health office just before you enter the big immigration hall where they check your book and stamp the white card for approval. You could be sent back (to that health office) by the immigration officer if he does check that you came in from Africa. This is as old as the middle ages and has absolutely nothing to do with Ebola of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Once threads go over 100 posts I believe we are allowed to go off topic as long as we stay nice :-)

Don't know which country you work in but some African countries check upon entry if you have a yellow book, at least the countries I have worked in. If you don't have it, a "fine" needed to be paid to be allowed in. Besides that the company I work for makes it mandatory to have it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, may well be true, in fact i believe it may be. But, never once, have i been asked about it. And that goes for entries into the the UK, middle east, canada, germany, france, spain, switzerland and even Australia. All direct from africa... not arguing with you just my experience. The only time i get asked for my cert is on ny way into africa, every time.
  • Like 1

Fully agree with you regarding the entry at African end, it's just that I personally have never required to produce it at this end, I always do carry my yellow fever booklet, as you say, for most companies it's a mandatory requirement for working in Africa.. I'm too much scared to get pulled in by the ominous looking medics with the dirty white coats that usually preys the immigration halls at some of those African airports to travel without my booklet

quote name="Enjoyurlife"
Once threads go over 100 posts I believe we are allowed to go off topic as long as we stay nice :-)

Don't know which country you work in but some African countries check upon entry if you have a yellow book, at least the countries I have worked in. If you don't have it, a "fine" needed to be paid to be allowed in. Besides that the company I work for makes it mandatory to have it

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just came in after 4 weeks away at work. The immigration guy looked at my passport for a while then asked if I had a visa. I said no and he just stamped it as usual. I've never been asked that before, wasnt sure if he was implying that I need one? I cant see why I am out for 32 days then here for 25, been doing that for many years.

Just came in after 4 weeks away at work. The immigration guy looked at my passport for a while then asked if I had a visa. I said no and he just stamped it as usual. I've never been asked that before, wasnt sure if he was implying that I need one? I cant see why I am out for 32 days then here for 25, been doing that for many years.

Mentioned before in thread. They ask to be faster w/o flipping pages. If you have a visa they are supposed to stamp it on that. Yes I know you've left the visa No. space black on the arrival card. Again, they ask because because one could have forget, and they double check.

• Like 1

It seems to me that this all centres around what the Thais regard as a "tourist". The London Thai embassy website says:

According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 1 October B.E. 2545 (2002), 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002), 18 October B.E. 2547 (2004) and 6 May B.E. 2548 (2005), passport holders from 41 countries and 1 special administrative region - Hong Kong SAR - are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes ...................

If you live in Thailand but go abroad to work, do you qualify to be regarded as a tourist?

My situation is that I don't work (anywhere) and spend about 45% of my time in Thailand and the remainder in the UK. I go to Thailand about 5 times a year and have been using visa exemption until now. I own a condo in Thailand which I regard as a holiday home. I would explain my situation as having two homes, the main one in the UK, the secondary one in Thailand.

Do I qualify to be regarded as a tourist?

Consider the town or place where you work to be the place where live and you are a tourist in Thailand.

We might like to consider matters that way but we need to know if the Thai authorities do.

If you have a home in Thailand (particularly somewhere owned, or rented relatively long-term) and, possibly, have family living in it, I can well see that they might not take the view that you are a tourist. But, as I said above, we need to know their definition of a "tourist".

Consider the town or place where you work to be the place where live and you are a tourist in Thailand.

We might like to consider matters that way but we need to know if the Thai authorities do.

If you have a home in Thailand (particularly somewhere owned, or rentied relatively long-term) and, possibly, have family living in it, I can well see that they might not take the view that you are a tourist. But, as I said above, we need to know their definition of a "tourist".

As mentioned many times already. Immigration doesn't care if one has family or property. They only care if one is working illegally and/or using visa exempt or tourist visa back-to-back.

Been traveling (domestic) and talking with multiple oil and gas guys and some security contractors who are short visitors.

All report being let in.. Most reported added attention.. One whose using an ed (without much effort it seems) was asked in Thai and failed to respond with more than a smile, he got let in anyway.. The worst report was an oil and gas guy in hua hin who was told he needed a 'proper visa next time' yet had no marker or anything written next to his entry to enforce that warning.

I think that was 5 or 6 "successes" for the last 10 or so days.. But lots of concern.. Many scrambling for paperwork, retirement funds, or marriages in the near term.
  • Like 1

i'am due to leave today so should be hitting swampy sunday..ive HAVE NOT seen nor heard any news so i hope its all " NORMAL SERVICE."

If there had been we would have heard either through here or people we know on 28/28's

I arrive tues morning and have no worries 

• Like 1

If you are regularly going in for a`Month every other Month and are Married I'd say they could ask you to get a spousal Visa and to be honest if you are married its just a case of getting the paper work together. The couple of entry denials or last chances I've read on here were blokes who were married (They were friend of friend stories admittedly). 

I reckon if you just mention the Girlfriend and kids and not the Trouble they'll leave you be

If you are regularly going in for a`Month every other Month and are Married I'd say they could ask you to get a spousal Visa and to be honest if you are married its just a case of getting the paper work together. The couple of entry denials or last chances I've read on here were blokes who were married (They were friend of friend stories admittedly). 

I reckon if you just mention the Girlfriend and kids and not the Trouble they'll leave you be

Yeah.... i get married next friday, then fly to UK on the following tuesday and will get the correct visa in Glasgow

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah.... i get married next friday, then fly to UK on the following tuesday and will get the correct visa in Glasgow

Congratulations , same as that mate , married in September , about time really Ive been with her for 9 years

• Like 1

Hey guys came through phuket this morning I'm oil working more than 10 visa exempts in 2 year old passport. was worried about getting in. met my that misses in Singapore before coming to Thailand so we came in together which I know was risky but.... officer chatted her up a little smiled at me looked at passport nothing was said stamped in. I used coral VIP arrival service which gets u walked straight into the thai immigration counter. The guy new I had a thai misses didn't say anything. got a 30 day. Not saying everything is great but I'm in now hope this eases some of u guys in similar position
  • Like 1

Ok people i am an offshore worker, been entering Thailand on visa,exempt since 1997. I did the same Friday august 15 entering via Swampy, same process as the last 15 years or so, no smile, no questions, just the stamp and voila here I am again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

j

Me too yesterday entered at Phuket airport from USA...
All Legit on VACATION,,,
welcome to Thailand book full of only 30 day stamps
no need for a tourist visa as long as they offer the 30 day stamp option
much to do about NOTHING on here anyways....
  • Like 1