laundry in pattaya how does it works? how much it cost?

tomtom345

how does laundry services in pattaya work?

i read in this forum that in most laundries in pattaya i can have a deal of 500 baht for 80 pieces. do i need to bring 80 pieces at one time or can i bring these 80 pieces in several times?

are there any laundries in pattaya that charge by the kilo ? if so how much they charge by the kilo?

and is a pair of socks considered 2 pieces or 1 piece?

Most laundries charge by the piece, ie. one T Shirt 15 baht, 1 underpants 10 baht.

Some, like you mentioned charge by the 500 baht for 80 pieces. This is a no brainier, you win, it is a great deal. You can take in 10 items this week and then 20 items next week and keep doing that until your 80 pieces is expired. Those laundries are getting harder to find.

I have not seen one that works by the kilo here. Unlike Koh Samui where it was 40 baht a kilo, I have not seen that in Pattaya.

Buy the powder and then just spend 20b for a whole machine load at the coin op machines.

Does require a little time, effort and hanging space but easy enough and cheaper than 2 shirts.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buy the powder and then just spend 20b for a whole machine load at the coin op machines.

Does require a little time, effort and hanging space but easy enough and cheaper than 2 shirts.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And this machine also does the ironing? Most men hate ironing and most can't make a decent job of it.

Ex servicemen excepted

• Like 2

thank you all for you're replies.

is it very hard to find laundries with the 500 baht 80 pieces deal? or would i be able to find one landry shop that does it if i look around a little?

does that deal include ironing as well?

and is a pair of socks considerd 1 piece or 2 pieces?

Edited by tomtom345

And if you are lucky, you may get someone else's better quality shirts back instead of yours!

Good One !!!!

Or you lose stuff, thats one of the main reasons why I bought my own washing machine.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Yes MJCM. Why can't I get my dish clothes back from the laundry??

I just tell you what happened to me, I lost a lot of shirts or you get clothes from another person mixed in with yours.

But doing your own washing is maybe not a viable option for the OP, but maybe a suggestion for him is, If he lives in an apartment building he could maybe ask the cleaning lady to do his washing?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

is it very hard to find laundries with the 500 baht 80 pieces deal? or would i be able to find one landry shop that does it if i look around a little?

No ironing with those deals. As mentioned, not easy to find and trust. Best option remains getting off your arse and using a coin machine, of which there are many starting beyond Soi Bouikow(or on it) and hang dry in your room. Ironing while seems important will actually make you look like an outcast in this crowd of Euro trash and mostly unwashed folks. If you must for some reason, iron your own shirts, buy an iron and do it yourself. Socks are counted by the pair as "one" most places. Just get some coins and soap and find a machine near an internet cafe. The best business model yet never tried. Coin laundry next to an internet cafe.......got to work and no tea money or ruthless prostitutes and farang pimps to deal with.

In my building in Jomtien you can still pre-pay for a hundred items and use them progressively. They also do washing by the kilo. Quite a lot of the places in other buildings here and around Soi Buakow/3rd Road seem to still do both of these also.

Before getting my condo I used to use a 20B-in-the-slot machine and take the wet clothes home and hang them up to dry, though the lady who owned the shop would also dry them and iron them if requested (for a fee). In my condo I have my own washing machine so that's much simpler; just put the things in daily and then push the button once a week.

Who irons t-shirts and shorts anyway?

Most laundries will have a board with their prices on, many written in English, and normally it is a pair of socks meaning two, though a pair of pants or trousers is actually one item. is not English grammar confusing?sad.png

There are probably more landromats than anything else besides hair salons. Quality can vary quite a bit though. Biggest problem I have had is shrinkage and blacks coming back as greys. Also I think they tend to over bleach so sometimes older shirts come back with holes. I try to stay away from the super cheap places now although that is no guarantee. Best to try word of mouth.

Edited by lapd