A few cheap calls to a UK landline

nong38

I usually buy a CAT phone card around christmas for the usual phoning then but now I just want to make a few calls to the bank to sort some problems out, what is currently the cheapest way to do this? I read a lot about dialing with prefixing numbers 009 and 005 do you have to buy some card for these options? I have a DTAC top up phone. Have looked at several threads but they may be out date now.

Thanks for any help.

DTAC's website says use 004 (no you don't need a card on anything);

attachicon.gifdtac.JPG

Thanks for that, that looks like what I want and I presume that after dialing 004-44- ( I forget the 0 in 0345?) and that should do the trick? Thanks.

I you have pc or mobile with skype enabled why not sign upto skype they currently have promotion of 30 days of phone calls free worlwide, but to cancel you must do this b4 27 days otherwise they charge ,assuming that you have debit/credit card.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, that looks like what I want and I presume that after dialing 004-44- ( I forget the 0 in 0345?) and that should do the trick? Thanks.

The "special" numbers used by banks may not be standard geographical numbers and so may be charged at premium rates when calling from abroad, or may simply not ring at all.

Use http://www.saynoto0870.com/ to find a geographical alternative that will be charged at the normal rate. Your bank may also advertise a number to be used by people overseas.

I don't know about banks in the UK but my bank in the USA will take my number and call me back.

Some UK banks will do this though they tend to be the high end ones. One of mine does. Others have online "chat" services that can be quite effective for some tasks.