Rice probe snares two top officials

Lite Beer

With all the inactive posts materializing at the Prime Minister's office they are going to have to double, triple, quadruple the office space. Does anyone in the Thai govt every get "fired?" Seems folks just get transferred to inactive posts where they continue to draw their full pay without having any responsibility or having to doing any work---I want a job like that!

• Like 2

The department of inactive posts must be huge. I wonder if anyone who has been sent to an inactive post has actually faced proper disciplinary action such as being charged, tried & penalised accordingly including loss of all benefits which were associated with the job.

That would require loss of face and the "Lost Face Dept" is overworked at the present time.

Next and ultimate step is the "Fled the Scene Dept".

She is working on that.whistling.gif

• Like 1

What a crazy situation. Surely they are guilty of something but obviously not enough to warrant legal proceedings.

Perhaps the ministry of inactive posts is there for the stupid and intellectually challenged.

The main problem I see is that there are so many persons being replaced then how can the junta be sure that they are not replacing incompetence/corruption with incompetence/corruption plus? Or simply replace and hope?

I think the inactive post thing is probably a better option than just sacking them.

If they were to be booted out then there would have to be a definite reason given which would then be challenged and all sort of suits started from unlawful dismissal to libel.

There would also have to be formal charges laid to justify their dismissal, if there is enough evidence gathered in various investigations then this can come later.

An inactive post is in reality a sort of a holding cell without having to feed, water and look after them and even with them still being paid it could end up the cheapest option.

Having them there where they can be seen and accounted for prevents them doing a runner without being noticed, who knows they may even be able to be given a job that makes them useful, as per the ex chief of police.

• Like 2

What a crazy situation. Surely they are guilty of something but obviously not enough to warrant legal proceedings.

Perhaps the ministry of inactive posts is there for the stupid and intellectually challenged.

The main problem I see is that there are so many persons being replaced then how can the junta be sure that they are not replacing incompetence/corruption with incompetence/corruption plus? Or simply replace and hope?

I think the first thing is to remove them from their position so they can do no further harm.

Once the inspections are over and they sift through all the figures and facts, they will be pulling people for deep questioning.

If these people can't provide satisfactory answers, they will likely be prosecuted and have all their assets seized.

The courts recently handed down a 20 year prison sentence for rice fraud and he lost all his assets also. So expect this to be replicated across the board.

This is Thailand's chance to send a huge message out that if you are corrupt, you play with fire, and they should take that chance with both hands.

Now that I agree with, just proof is all that's is needed then let em cop the full weight of the law.

• Like 2

With all the inactive posts materializing at the Prime Minister's office they are going to have to double, triple, quadruple the office space. Does anyone in the Thai govt every get "fired?" Seems folks just get transferred to inactive posts where they continue to draw their full pay without having any responsibility or having to doing any work---I want a job like that!

They still get a salary, but they have effectively had their hands removed from the till.

The ultimate punishment for some, as that is their only reason for wanting those jobs.

Means only their thieving hands are inactive? these people belong locked up in cells...its a strange thing this thainessbah.gif

Misunderstanding of inactive post. The post they are in, one can except bribes. The inactive post, no one will offer a bribe as the offender is unable to offer anything.

Inactive post equals punishment.

I'm thinking the Thai way

• Like 1

Remember these Government jobs do not attract a high salary. Yes I know we wonder why they all drive around in Mercs, but they get their real money from the corrupt shinanigans they are all involved in. Going inactive means 'your basic salary only' which will not be enough to keep the Merc running that's for sure. No power, no entourage, no perks, total loss of face with family, friends and peer group. Jail would be good but they can utilise their skills garnered in corruption again. At least it is a move in the right direction.

• Like 1

The department of inactive posts must be huge. I wonder if anyone who has been sent to an inactive post has actually faced proper disciplinary action such as being charged, tried & penalised accordingly including loss of all benefits which were associated with the job.

If all of the crooked, corrupt and colluded, MP's, and department ministers etc... were tried and penalised, there would be no-one left on either side of politics !

Remember these Government jobs do not attract a high salary. Yes I know we wonder why they all drive around in Mercs, but they get their real money from the corrupt shinanigans they are all involved in. Going inactive means 'your basic salary only' which will not be enough to keep the Merc running that's for sure. No power, no entourage, no perks, total loss of face with family, friends and peer group. Jail would be good but they can utilise their skills garnered in corruption again. At least it is a move in the right direction.

What job does attract a high salary Jim?

http://pattaya-times.com/a7117-monthly-thai-salaries-for-various-occupations-revealed

We know there are billions, not millions, involved between these people. Jail is THE ONLY ending for such corruption to be cut at the neck. The money comes from the tax payer and investitures/investments which are SUPPOSED to benefit the Thai people. 30% is paid into private bank accounts to get the business, any business.

With regards to loss of face, there is always somebody next in line to take the risk... or even fly the risk. That is the inherent problem, because no fear of punishment is instilled. Until people are stripped of every asset they have, instead of being "moved on", then there is NO DETERRENT. Power and money is not the proponent of democracy; dignified principles and aims for all is.

Concerning garnering their skills for re-utilising their skills... I'd sooner they were made poor, and left completely homeless, jobless and bank accountless..... then sent to prison, as that would not permit such power amongst peer prisoners, would it not?

They raped the system.... they should be raped of all they have. That would be the IDEAL example.

(and it applies elsewhere, also! West included)

However, receiving what is perceived as a low salary.. raises questions about us Westerners' perceptions. 80,000 Baht is a huge, huge princely salary in Thailand. We perceive it as little, purely because we come from much greatly advanced backgrounds, where: wires are under the roads (which are perfectly smooth), electricity is never cut off, water is relatively pure, and there's no sh!t selling sh!t on the pavements. People who use bikes wear helmets, the police are highly incorrupt in a relative sense, and health care is of the essence and etc.

What evolved in the past in all of our "FARANGIAN" countries was that old and ancient rules/adage/BS (whatever one wants to call it) were eliminated by strong implementation of laws, and catching out corruption. it's very easy to say Western services are corrupt.. but I'd bet 99% are clean (I'm referring to Britain now... forget the likes of Eastern European countries).

I argue for taking away any salary from them, and let them find what's it's really like on the street, and to get off it, to earn money in an honest way. Most of them were, historically (in a family way), given life on a plate and placed into positions to commit theft anyway. Such as the latter certainly applies to hers truly YL.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

who would have tought this would happen? nobody in the governement and everybody on TVF ....

and YL is ready to leave (flee) overseas ?

Emphatically NOT everyone on Thai Visa. Read the posts even on this topic. I just wonder how some people............ Oh never mind!!!!!

Many of these "inactive" positions are in places like the PM's office or "advisors to" positions. They have no real job, no perks, no chance of "making earners on the side" and constantlty under supervision with their emails being watched. Can't be all that comfortable, going to work to do nothing, all your F & F's knowing you are in disgrace, no extra money and knowing your every move is probably being monitored, and probably quite obviously. Meanwhile they will be occasionally asked to answer this or that question about their past position, with implications that someone is evidence gathering for prosecution. Many will try to call in favours and get out of a bad situation. Let us just hope that a damn good lot of them serve time & have their their ill-gotten gains seized. I'm not taking bets on whether YL will or won't come back. Logic says she won't, but it will say something (but I am not quite sure what) about her if she does return to face the accusations & music..

• Like 1

rice stock checks continue to uncover widespread irregularities.

Yet strip it back to the root of the subject and yingluck said there were none. Not one irregularity. Absolutely no one can deny this. It is at the root of the issue.

​Some argue that with 18 million tons of rice there could;d be 5% irregularities. Agreed whole heatedly. Can't deny that. I agree. BUT yingluck said none. Not even 0.0000000001%. Amazing contempt for the people and the voters.

There are irregularities unless we start to hear the usual "fake news story excuses"

And it is bewildering that some make excuses for the PTP at the behest of the very population they purport to say they defend and stand for.

​This uncovering and removal of officials is to advantage the population so it should be welcomed and embraced as moving Thailand forward. it should under no circumstances be denounced to further an evil political agenda.

​Well done Junta.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Not only that, if these 'officials' are NOT charged and lose all entitlements it can only mean that they continue to be 'employed' and in receipt of salaries etc.

Just how many of these criminals can the public sector actually afford to featherbed?

What about those ordinary civil servants who continue to work, are blameless, and just trying to do their job, if, indeed, there are any?

Not much of an incentive for them if they see their bosses and others get off so lightly and continue to be a drain on the public purse as they continue to get their monthly pittance.

'Losing face' just isn't enough and it is an impediment to proper accountability and justice.

• Like 1

That would require loss of face and the "Lost Face Dept" is overworked at the present time.

Next and ultimate step is the "Fled the Scene Dept".

That would b an overseas posting wouldn't it?

• Like 1

who would have tought this would happen? nobody in the governement and everybody on TVF ....

and YL is ready to leave (flee) overseas ?

Emphatically NOT everyone on Thai Visa. Read the posts even on this topic. I just wonder how some people............ Oh never mind!!!!!

Many of these "inactive" positions are in places like the PM's office or "advisors to" positions. They have no real job, no perks, no chance of "making earners on the side" and constantlty under supervision with their emails being watched. Can't be all that comfortable, going to work to do nothing, all your F & F's knowing you are in disgrace, no extra money and knowing your every move is probably being monitored, and probably quite obviously. Meanwhile they will be occasionally asked to answer this or that question about their past position, with implications that someone is evidence gathering for prosecution. Many will try to call in favours and get out of a bad situation. Let us just hope that a damn good lot of them serve time & have their their ill-gotten gains seized. I'm not taking bets on whether YL will or won't come back. Logic says she won't, but it will say something (but I am not quite sure what) about her if she does return to face the accusations & music..

Why not just write we hope they go to jail and their assets are seized and they are left with <deleted>all?

Edit: I'm on your side. But don't you think being an advisor, who's had no assets stripped and is worth hundreds of millions of baht, wouldn't be ask by his new superior "How the hell did you do that?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzXJMU1sLc

wink.png