Thaksin tells Pheu Thai, red-shirt leaders not to join birthday party

Lite Beer

Thaksin tells Pheu Thai, red-shirt leaders not to join birthday party

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has told leading members of the Pheu Thai and red-shirt leaders not to join his birthday party in Paris, a Pheu Thai source said.

Thaksin said he wants only his family members and close friends to see him because he does not want to anger the junta.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thaksin-tells-Pheu-Thai-red-shirt-leaders-not-to-j-30238996.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-20

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does the Nation even report this? Why dont they just let him fade away and not give him the air time.

Its almost as if they want him to continue to play a part, gives them something to unify behind.

Its attention getting, thats what news papers do, isnt it?

• Like 1

Well, I think something completely obvious might happen. Yingluck will come back, face the music she orchestrated, and become the Thai Aung San Suu Kyi in prison...you can't kill a martyr....and if she died in prison -- WORSE.

The fat lady is not singing yet.

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

• Like 1

Well saying publicly he does not want them to go saves losing face when he is Billy No Mates at his own party with just him and Yingluck playing musical chairs.

Do people even celebrate birthdays anymore after about 10 years old?

Only those who have to try to prove they are something special by throwing lavish doo's for photo op's, an attention getting thing by the insecure.

• Like 1

Well saying publicly he does not want them to go saves losing face when he is Billy No Mates at his own party with just him and Yingluck playing musical chairs.

Do people even celebrate birthdays anymore after about 10 years old?

YES, problem being the 72 candles, trying to put them on the cake after sticking in 29, I nod off.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Well, I think something completely obvious might happen. Yingluck will come back, face the music she orchestrated, and become the Thai Aung San Suu Kyi in prison...you can't kill a martyr....and if she died in prison -- WORSE.

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

and if she died in prison -- WORSE.

I think many are prepared to take that risk.

What's the worst thing can happen?... they write a song about her.

Actually this could have been a deal brokered between the Junta and thaksin.... Don't invite PTP or any Reds Shirts and we will let your sister leave the country.

Also, had they all got together, the media would have been all over it, and the Junta would have likely rejected all applications to travel seeing as almost everyone in that clan need to seek permission from the Junta to leave.

Edited by lostsoul49
  • Like 1

Actually this could have been a deal brokered between the Junta and thaksin.... Don't invite PTP or any Reds Shirts and we will let your sister leave the country.

So you are saying the junta are making deals with a known fugitive criminal? (insert many more descriptive nasty words here)

So you are saying the junta are making deals with a known fugitive criminal? (insert many more descriptive nasty words here)

No.... I am saying they probably negotiated this to avoid 'the big get together'... Because put all those people in the same building out of the control of the Junta and plans are almost certainly going to be hatched.

• Like 1

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

And people like you mocked me for stating Suthep is the Mandela of the East.

Suthep and Mandela had more in common than the two people you describe. Mine were both accused of terrorism. Only one was (so far) convicted though.

In relation to the article I am surprised the PTP minster for denying, Pongthep Nopparit, has not come out and actually denied this yet.

​thaksin is very humble and subservient when it suits his agenda. When he feels he has the upper hand….Well that is when he starts stating "The person named "APP" from the NACC wanted to accept a bribe from me.

The more he is moved into check mate, the more he is humble. That is the secret to offer the gullible and uneducated a ticket to the thaksin train to dictatorship. When he has caught that train it is straight back to denying the population a voice as in the amnesty bill.

Good luck thaksin. Fortunately the people have woken up. Well at least 93% of them anyway.

post-140765-0-07502000-1405857367_thumb.

It's not exactly definitive proof but it sure as hell is a sign that Thaksin really doesn't give a sh** about anyone but himself. Hell, he even dropped his baby sister in the ----. Remember those skype calls when she (In tears) begged him to let her resign and he apparently screamed at her to remain in office and look where that got her, Poor Cow laugh.png and as for Nat, Jat and the rest I am damned sure the leaders at the moment wouldn't let them go the W.C without an armed guard (Quite rightly so) even if they were invited which pointedly they have not been. Wake up He DOES NOT CARE about you red supporters and he never will.

• Like 2

He's speculating, not saying. Mind you, your interpretation borders criticism of decisions possibly made by the NCPO rolleyes.gif

~~~ Strictly by invitation only ~~~~

No Gate Crashers

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

do you think Charlerm got an invite, even with Khun T footing the bill, I dont think it will stretch that far to cover the former minister for ear medicines bar bill thumbsup.gif

The democratically elected government seem to have done that so why not.

To be honest there are so any possibilities but at the moment we don't really know.

It's possible Thaksin really is worried it would upset the junta and he still has many family members here some of whom would have a lot of inside information which he'd rather they didn't tell.

• Like 1