Fuel pump for Suzuki Raider

heybruce

I have a Suzuki Raider 150 that I bought in 2007 that needs a new fuel pump, and the dealership in Chiang Mai can't find one (I'm not sure how hard they're trying). I did a quick search here and on the internet and didn't find any place in Thailand. Does anyone know where I can buy this fuel pump? Thanks for any help.

The 2007 Suzuki Raider 150 is equipped with a carburetor, so how sure are you that the bike has a fuel-pump?

If you look at the parts catalog provided by motorcycle.in.th you cannot find a fuel-pump https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0fPe4feWkfeNjdlNTNlMDMtYTliNS00MmQxLTgyNDktODJhMDQ1NTBjMDM0/edit?hl=en&pli=1

• Like 1

The 2007 Suzuki Raider 150 is equipped with a carburetor, so how sure are you that the bike has a fuel-pump?

If you look at the parts catalog provided by motorcycle.in.th you cannot find a fuel-pump https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0fPe4feWkfeNjdlNTNlMDMtYTliNS00MmQxLTgyNDktODJhMDQ1NTBjMDM0/edit?hl=en&pli=1

This is the part I need, but I don't want a used part from the Philippines: http://www.ayosdito.ph/Raider+150+Fuel+Pump-8000057.htm

That is not a fuel-pump, the picture is from the fuel-cock, or most mechanics will call this a petcock where PET stands for "Pressure Equalisation Tap". In simple terms it is to prevent a vacuum in the fuel tank.

You can buy it/order it from any Suzuki dealer in Thailand, the part number is 44300-09G00 and called the Fuel-Cock-Assembly

Edited by Richard-BKK

Also if your problem involves the petcock you should also inspect the hoses connected to the device, because if the hoses are not from the correct standard they will collapse (due to the vacuum) and prevent the petcock from working correctly.

Most small bike "repair" shops will have this Fuel-Cock-Assembly, I believe the one I'm using on my Raider is from a Honda Wave.

Brian from Sumetcycle can get Suzuki spares ( sometimes not all parts though)

Brian Abrahamson
Sumetcycle Co.,Ltd.
120/28-30 Prachacheun Rd.,Bangkane Muang,Nonthaburi Thailand 11000 +6625919925-6 [email protected] www.hondasumetcycle.com

You can also get genuine spare parts for from Suzuki Nano in Bangkok they will send parts by post ( and have everything I've asked for the Raider)

you'll need to speak Thai to them though 02-8742993-4 or 090-3087742

Most small bike "repair" shops will have this Fuel-Cock-Assembly, I believe the one I'm using on my Raider is from a Honda Wave.

Brian from Sumetcycle can get Suzuki spares ( sometimes not all parts though)

Brian Abrahamson

Sumetcycle Co.,Ltd.

120/28-30 Prachacheun Rd.,Bangkane Muang,Nonthaburi Thailand 11000 +6625919925-6 [email protected] www.hondasumetcycle.com

You can also get genuine spare parts for from Suzuki Nano in Bangkok they will send parts by post ( and have everything I've asked for the Raider)

you'll need to speak Thai to them though 02-8742993-4 or 090-3087742

Thanks for the info thumbsup.gif

My Raider

R1_zps4100f6e8.jpg

The fuel-cock for the Suzuki Raider 150 (FU150) costs 155 THB and if the Suzuki shop doesn't know what you're talking about the Suzuki Smash 110 (FD110) (from around the same time period) uses the same fuel-cock.

The part 44300-09G00C000 is discontinued and is replaced by part number 44300-09G00-000, because if some dealer uses an old printout of the parts list he will see "discontinued/ยกเลิกการผลิต" the part was replaced because the new part is more resisted to vapor from ethanol blended fuel... (so I was told).

----------------

If you not speak Thai that well, and be careful most Thai females cannot explain or tell what you need when it comes to technical terms... And trying to translate a fuel-cock from English to Thai can be good for entertainment but not for getting the part ordered. Therefore you best go to the parts catalog link and select the page of the fuel-cock to print... That page has both Thai and English and is very clear for a dealer what he has to order...

Edited by Richard-BKK