Pattaya Beach to be reorganized

Rimmer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've been living in Pattaya for years and have rarely paid much attention to the actual beach, my eyes were always like searchlights sweeping right and left as I marched from Markland on Soi One to the Pier head beyond Walking Street.
I guess there must have been a beach, because I was promenading Beach Road, but the quality of the sand or the seawater, or the proliferation of tents and deckchairs was of no interest, it was only the quality of 'totty' on offer that interested me
Now some might view me as something of a shallow person reading this. To counter that -
I've always enjoyed a 30 second intellectual conversation, and a full minute forming a 'meaningful relationship' before getting down to serious business with the 'chosen one'
So do what you like with the beach and it's environs, but please, please leave the 'working girls' alone

I suspect those working girls will be their next target. My point of view is there is now too much meddling and changes are not always for the best. I visit pattaya regularly because guess what? I like the place. I just hope they don't go too far and spoil it all. 

Den

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because of their 2 month summer, many Poms have been brainwashed to accept their beaches being full of deck chairs, umbrellas, shitting Donkeys and Punch and Judy. Some in TV ask "whats wrong with deck chairs and umbrellas" etc.  They need to go to Australia, where none of this crap is seen on our pristine beaches which are admired the world over. There you will see just clean beautiful beaches, if you want a chair take your own and put it back in the car when finished.   I agree, shift ll this commercial junk off the beaches of Thailand, teach those who think that they are ok, what a pristine beach looks like.

WTF are you suggesting I pack a chair in my suitcase or perhaps buy one when I get there. Oh and I forgot I should also rent a car because I need to transport all the necessities to the beach. Where I will park that car is anybody’s guess. Now let me see chair, umbrella, cold box with my beer and sandwiches. Now what else oh yes I need to hire a masseuse to take along and of course a bed to lay on while she does the necessary. Well guess what you can keep your pristine beaches I hope you have a fantastic entertaining time with your sand and your……………….is there anything else but sand on your beaches?

Den

I Have read somewhere that the main concern for pattaya beach was the illegal overhanging extension of buildings,which have encroached the beach by unscrupulous venues along walking street.

Needless to say not only are they an eyesore but potentially dangerous,sorry but i had to giggle there forgot i was in thailand...

As for the beach traders and so forth the case will be move along son and come back when my back is turned,or maybe a on the spot fine as i have seen regularly where i frequent,these traders pay the fine then carry on regardless in extreme cases they are told to move on but back the very next day, to compensate for the loss of 400 baht.

So it's a stalemate result, i can see happening here.facepalm.gif

Regarding Walking street. Knock down all those restaurants etc  which have been built over the high water mark over the last few years. They do not own the land.

Get down to Sattahip area, Bang Saray, many down there that must be in for the chop. One agent advertising for 8 mil with no paperwork.....cheesy.gif

I support what the reforms the Army are putting in place, what I want is simple, I want my hard earned to go to honest working Thais not to people who pay to gain advantage or to crooks in uniforms or dodgy characters in public office. 

^^^^

Please be reminded of the forum rules e.g.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

You can opt to edit your post or it may be removed

I suppose they will not limit their action to just the main beach.
If they begin to look at the Land Office as they did in Phuket, that could become interesting rolleyes.gif
There are several hotels who have a "public space usage" problem with Pattaya City for years. Things could change...
By example:
- Dusit Thani hotel, at north of the beach, constructed one of its swimming pool on the public space;
- Grand Centara in Naklua has taken a part of the public beach;
- The Royal Clif tried to extend its land on the sea;
- An hotel build a big swimming pool in the sea ! (Don't know its name, but easy to see on GoogleMaps)
- and I suppose many others I didn't hear about...

- and I am not talking of Walking Street sea side... wink.png

That will interesting to watch given the reputed ownership of the Dusit chain of hotels.

• Like 2

Go to Jomtien. Its much nicer.

Yes, anyone who knows anything about Pattaya knows that you should go to Jomtien
if you want to hang out on the beach.  

I disagree. You should go to Koh Larn smile.png . A lot nicer than Jomtien.

Koh Larn is a day trip and a lot of people don't want to be sitting on a ferry for 2 hours round trip.  Jomtien is a short baht bus ride away and has all the conveniences of Jomtien.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

Yes, anyone who knows anything about Pattaya knows that you should go to Jomtien

I disagree. IMO Koh Larn is a revolting broken hole with the beach covered by umbrellas and boats constantly coming and going ruining any ambience.
South end of Jomptien beach is as good as any beach in Thailand as long as one only looks out to sea and not on the land side. Edited by thaibeachlovers

Pattaya City is the best place on God's good, green Earth. A man's city, where you can drink a beer for breakfast and scratch your balls while doing so, without a bitchy wife bitching at you. It should be preserved as just what it is, left unchanged through eterntity. If ever a locale was worth of World Heritage Listing, it is Pattaya.

If you have issues scratching your ball under your alcohol breakfast without your bitchy wife bitching at you, i think you have bigger issues than being concerned about the beach cleanup. Just the fact that you want to leave things as they are, tells a bit about either how ignorant someone can be, or how much you actually care as long as long as you can scratch those balls while getting sh*t-faced. I am very pleased about this cleanup, and i hope that next there will be a ball-scratching cleanup too, because that might make quality tourists consider coming back.

While many men does see Pattaya as heaven on earth, it's at the same time one of the worst places Thailand has to offer. I don't want to stereotype people, but the kind of tourism Pattaya does attract is not really the tourists that majority of Thai prefer.

Anyway, go back to your ball scratching and enjoy while it last!

So, why are you even in Pattaya? If you don't like it there are plenty of other places to go, like Hua Hin. Perhaps you just like moaning.

<Just the fact that you want to leave things as they are, tells a bit about either how ignorant someone can be,>
Perhaps it's YOU that is ignorant.

<that might make quality tourists consider coming back.>
Proves just how ignorant you are about Pattaya. It's NEVER been a "quality" tourist destination, so how can they "come back"??????????

Pattaya City is the best place on God's good, green Earth. A man's city, where you can drink a beer for breakfast and scratch your balls while doing so, without a bitchy wife bitching at you. It should be preserved as just what it is, left unchanged through eterntity. If ever a locale was worth of World Heritage Listing, it is Pattaya.

If you have issues scratching your ball under your alcohol breakfast without your bitchy wife bitching at you, i think you have bigger issues than being concerned about the beach cleanup. Just the fact that you want to leave things as they are, tells a bit about either how ignorant someone can be, or how much you actually care as long as long as you can scratch those balls while getting sh*t-faced. I am very pleased about this cleanup, and i hope that next there will be a ball-scratching cleanup too, because that might make quality tourists consider coming back.

While many men does see Pattaya as heaven on earth, it's at the same time one of the worst places Thailand has to offer. I don't want to stereotype people, but the kind of tourism Pattaya does attract is not really the tourists that majority of Thai prefer.

Anyway, go back to your ball scratching and enjoy while it last!

So, why are you even in Pattaya? If you don't like it there are plenty of other places to go, like Hua Hin. Perhaps you just like moaning.

<Just the fact that you want to leave things as they are, tells a bit about either how ignorant someone can be,>
Perhaps it's YOU that is ignorant.

<that might make quality tourists consider coming back.>
Proves just how ignorant you are about Pattaya. It's NEVER been a "quality" tourist destination, so how can they "come back"??????????

Maybe if you used your head and looked at my profile, then you would notice that i am NOT in Pattaya, and i have no need to be there neither would i wish to, duh!?!

I understand very well why some guys want Pattaya to stay as it is, and trust me, it is also one of the reason i have no intentions being in Pattaya.

Actually, some quality tourist does get lost in Thailand and end up passing by Pattaya, where there is a lot of people and things happening that gives Thailand a bad name.

Perhaps you just feel so offended by my comment, because you are one of those that helps giving Thailand a bad name.

I know I'm wasting my pixels, but if you don't live in Pattaya and never visit, why are you commenting on this thread?
Says more about YOUR morality than anything about the place.
I loved living in Pattaya and I feel no need to apologise for it. As for who is giving Thailand a bad name, plenty of Thais doing that without my help. Just who do you think created the Pattaya of today? Farangs can't own property ( except condos ) in Thailand.

I comment because this whole crackdown and military coup concerns us all, as well as all the things that happens in Pattaya. I know many wish that what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya, but that aint the truth. I know very well that the locals and thais from outside help make Pattaya the place it is, but that doesn't make it ok. I am very well aware that the businesses removed from the beach isn't farang owned businesses.

But my main comment which you replied to, was to a comment about one who didn't want Pattaya to change, and i have every right to disagree with that. Not only are many of the things happening there illegal, and those who support such things are without ethics.

Edited by Iumentum

Koh Larn is a day trip and a lot of people don't want to be sitting on a ferry for 2 hours round trip.  Jomtien is a short baht bus ride away and has all the conveniences of Jomtien.

problem with Jomtien is the inconvenience of changing buses. anyway cleaning up pats is a good idea

I know I'm wasting my pixels, but if you don't live in Pattaya and never visit, why are you commenting on this thread?
Says more about YOUR morality than anything about the place.
I loved living in Pattaya and I feel no need to apologise for it. As for who is giving Thailand a bad name, plenty of Thais doing that without my help. Just who do you think created the Pattaya of today? Farangs can't own property ( except condos ) in Thailand.

I comment because this whole crackdown and military coup concerns us all, as well as all the things that happens in Pattaya. I know many wish that what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya, but that aint the truth. I know very well that the locals and thais from outside help make Pattaya the place it is, but that doesn't make it ok. I am very well aware that the businesses removed from the beach isn't farang owned businesses.

But my main comment which you replied to, was to a comment about one who didn't want Pattaya to change, and i have every right to disagree with that. Not only are many of the things happening there illegal, and those who support such things are without ethics.

Just knock-off the Pattaya bashing. There are many expats living there these days with families. BTW my first time in Pattaya was in 1978.

• 2 weeks later...
The jet ski scam ,will now be brought to an end , thank god for that.
Mayor Kunplune could'nt do it, it will bring these scumbags to their knee's, i used to witness a feeding frenzie everyday ,the greed from these thai thugs, was amazing.
Wonder what they will do next (Deleted), who cares.!

Because of their 2 month summer, many Poms have been brainwashed to accept their beaches being full of deck chairs, umbrellas, shitting Donkeys and Punch and Judy. Some in TV ask "whats wrong with deck chairs and umbrellas" etc.  They need to go to Australia, where none of this crap is seen on our pristine beaches which are admired the world over. There you will see just clean beautiful beaches, if you want a chair take your own and put it back in the car when finished.   I agree, shift ll this commercial junk off the beaches of Thailand, teach those who think that they are ok, what a pristine beach looks like.

As a Pom I am afraid I have to agree.

Found a shady spot to sit on the wallkway yesterday and enjoyed the view of Pattaya Bay!