Contact details for Chinese Consulate in Phuket

simon43

This request follows on from a post I made 1 week ago about an iPhone that was stolen from a Chinese tourist. That tourist has since returned to China, but I promised to try to recover the iphone (with my TPV hat on), especially since it held many family photos etc.

Although I reported this theft to my Tourist Police colleagues, they need the assistance of the Royal Thai Police to actually go and apprehend the thief, but I'm afraid that they seem rather too busy to help out this tourist.

I have been tracking (and recording map data etc) for this missing iPhone for over 1 week, using the icloud GPS service. It is being used within the hotel where it was stolen.

In frustration at this lack of action, I want to contact the Chinese Consul to explain this problem, and hope that they (based on their previous 'strong' comments), will persuade the RTP to go and recover this missing iphone - (a very easy task since we have live GPS data etc),

I googled, but could not find the contact details of the Consul in Phuket, (it is a newish office).

Anyone help? I don't need criticism of my proposed action, stealing is stealing and the tourist is missing not only the iphone (replaceable), but many family photos (not replaceable).

Correct it is in Songkhla City close to the monkey mountain with the most beautiful Temple on its peak. Hat Yai is a suburb of Songkhla city but you could be forgiven if you thought it the other way around. Call the China Embassy in BKK for the Songkhla number. 0245 7043-4 or e-mail [email protected]

they don't have any chinese consulat here, closest on is in hatyai..

Actually the Chinese Consulate in Songhkla/Hat Yai has/is moving to Phuket. I saw the news announced a few months ago and AFAIK the new Consulate in Phuket is now open.

NomadJoe, I will PM you - thanks.

Good news so far. I contacted the Chinese Consul (who as I thought, is now based in Phuket). They will be contacting Krabi police to co-ordinate the recovery of this stolen phone.

So maybe there will be a result with this in the coming week.

• Like 1