What type of visa should I get if any?

Hello, I am from the USA and am married to a Thai women. I have three 28 days stamps in the last few months yet I only stayed 58 days in Thailand in the last year. On the last stamp I was only in Thailand for 2 days. I then went to the USA and a third country for work. I would now like to visit my wife and kids in Thailand for about 3 or 4 months before I need to go back to the USA and a third country for work.

So that being said should I just show up at the airport and try to get a 28 day stamp, then go to BKK and get it extended based on marriage? Or should I try to get a marriage visa here in the USA? I only have 3 weeks and the only document I have other than my passport is a copy of my marriage certificate.

Thank you.

Edit: After the second visit to the USA I will stay for about two months and then return to Thailand to visit wife and kids.

Edited by ChaangNoi

I suggest you apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage that will give you a 90 day entry.

Then if you need more time you can get a 60 day extension to visit you wife.

You could get a total of 90 days by extending a 30 day visa exempt entry by 60 days also but it seems you may need more time than that.

I don't understand the part about "second visit to the USA". Don't you live in the USA and from there visit Thailand.

If you plan to visit Thailand several times within a 12-month period, get a multiple-entry non-O visa for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife.

If you live in Thailand with your wife, get a one-year extension of stay and then get re-entry permits for your trips outside Thailand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I do plan to visit Thailand at least 3 times in the next 12 months.

I did a search looking for information how to do from inside the usa but could not find anything on the forum. If there is a guide or anything please link me. If not I will try to call them up and have them mail me a form with instructions.

Thanks.

The experts have already answered, but "if I were you" I would go to the Thailand Embassy or consulate near you inside the USA and lay out your family situation and travel plans. Ask for the best solution from the USA-located Thailand office and then get the documents you need from that office.

I have looked at a ONE year tourist visa in Americans passport received from personal visit to Dallas Thai consulate. Signal to me is to work with Thailand via their USA offices.

You should have no problem getting a multiple entry non-o visa in the states if that is what you want to get.

You should not need anything more than your marriage certificate, copy of your wife's passport photo page and/or ID card or house book.

You can get it from the embassy or one of the official consulates in NY. LA or Chicago by mail or in person.

You can also get it in person at one of the honorary consulates in person. See: http://www.thaiembdc.org/dcdp/?q=consulate_honorary

If you apply at one of the honorary consulates you may need a translation of your marriage certificate (no Thai staff).

This will have to be done by mail and I do not have a translation of the certificate. I do think I have a copy of the wifes passport around here somewhere. Should I send a copy of the marriage certificate or the real thing?

Thank you.

A copy of you marriage certificate would be enough for a mail application. You should contact where you are going to apply to confirm what they want.

You would only need the translation at a honorary consulate,

The experts have already answered, but "if I were you" I would go to the Thailand Embassy or consulate near you inside the USA and lay out your family situation and travel plans. Ask for the best solution from the USA-located Thailand office and then get the documents you need from that office.

I have looked at a ONE year tourist visa in Americans passport received from personal visit to Dallas Thai consulate. Signal to me is to work with Thailand via their USA offices.

The offices are in......

Other Thai representations in the United States

» Washington, Embassy

» Atlanta, Consulate General

» Chicago, Consulate General

» Honolulu, Consulate General

» Houston, Consulate General

» Los Angeles, Consulate General

» New York, Consulate General

» Portland, OR, Consulate

and Dallas TX