Four-year old Thai boy dies in a locked school van

webfact

This is a great shame.
It is also another opportunity for the Thai bashers to get on their high horses. I have just, literally 10 minutes ago, been reading on the BBC news about how this happens every few days in the US.

you think this is an opportunity for thai bashing,you need to wake up we are in Thailand if you didn't know,this is a tragedy caused by a thai.yes it is a great shame which shouldn't have happened,so try bashing your head against the wall before you get on your high horse to make the above comment.

I wouldn't say every few days in the US but certainly every summer in the US no-brained parents leave their kids in the car in the sun and even for less than an hour if it's hot enough, they'll die. There are stupid people everywhere. It's a low level of education that's the problem.

From the BBC today

"Every few days in the US, there are local media reports about young children dying from heatstroke, or being rescued, after being left to bake in parked cars. Why does it happen so often? "
And
"the number of tragedies has remained on average at about 38 deaths a year for the past decade"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28214266

How many on school busses? The US has more school bus routes than any other country in the world
I ask you again; how many children have been found dead from sweltering heat in school busses in the US?
In Thailand I count TWO within a year
You are wrong, it is precisely a Thai thing

Again; SCHOOL BUSSES

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If we were anywhere but thailand there would be a public outcry. In Thailand, people don't care cos it's not their kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is what really pisses me off about this place.

There are mechanisms in place to ensure safety, and these mechanisms are all born out of frustration after similar tragedies in the past, yet they do not get adhered to or enforced. They just wait for it to happen again where they will temporally enforce the system only for it to fall along the wayside for it to repeat itself yet again.

I'm afraid this is Thainess, and it has many many flaws.

Some of you guys think you come from the perfect world only to bash your host country every chance you get.

So lesson is learned every time a tragic event happens in your home country? Maybe your govt. needs to hold your hands a little tighter for any accountability.

Right, I forgot nothing ever stupid comes our of your country.

Not everyone is as smart as you guys.

This shit happens all over the world all the time.

Yeah, but it doesn't happen again and again and again in other countries, basically because it is AGAINST THE LAW to kill children!!

for those who think we are thai bashing just ask yourselves who should we blame? if you didn't know this is a thai forum.

we all know MONEY is the law in Thailand,so when you see THE PARENTS DID NOT PRESS CHARGES against the driver,it makes you think the CHARGE has already been maid. just ask yourself if it was your kid,myself I would save the police the time.

Payboy post # 12

5000 baht fine and a suspended sentence, next. 

That serious?

No doubt the murderer will of course throw in a few extra wai's and a bunch or two of flowers and some crocodile tears thus those actions will cleanse what might pass as the mind of the murderer of this innocent child.

Why not hand the  murderer over to the child's family?

No doubt the end result would be a much more effective way to send a message for those who are supposed to care for children on how to carry out their duties..

You say "hand him over to the child's family but it already states that they did not want to press charges------WHY the hell not-----something wrong there as well---- or did he get the job as a member of the family Then he suddenly thinks perhaps he did not let them all off----- WHAT BROUGHT THAT ON.
Wish we knew the whole story---- God bless you little one

He needed GPS to ensure all children were gone? Bulls . . t! He was charged with the responsibility of delivering them safely to the school, and he failed. So, for that matter, did the school, which should have had a teacher checking all were dropped off.

And why, oh why, must reference so often be made to a 'kid'? Kids in the plural, referring to a group, is one thing; kid in the singular sounds like a reference to a young goat and is derogatory in the extreme.

He needed GPS to ensure all children were gone? Bulls . . t! He was charged with the responsibility of delivering them safely to the school, and he failed. So, for that matter, did the school, which should have had a teacher checking all were dropped off.

And why, oh why, must reference so often be made to a 'kid'? Kids in the plural, referring to a group, is one thing; kid in the singular sounds like a reference to a young goat and is derogatory in the extreme.

So using the plural form of the word is fine, but not the singular?
Ridiculous

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To all the absolute numbskulls who repeatedly attack Thai consciousness here. This happens on a regular basis, ALL OVER THE WORLD.

You mean to actually say you don't know that? If you don't, I feel sorry for you.

No only does it happen everywhere, so forget the Thainess approach, it happens with people and their own children.

How can someone forget they've left a child in a car? I don't know, but it does happen and I don't feel like hanging them,

because I cannot imagine a greater cross to bear than to have killed one's own offspring. 

Like the 4 wheel drivers that reverse over them regularly. The too hard basket it is.

as you say it may happen all over the world but i can not see any harm in reminding people to be extra cautious here in thailand.  if you think that different races do not think differntly then you are very naive.

a nation that gives driving licences to anyone with a pulse with no training obviously thinks in differnt terms to other nations.  im not complaining - simply pointing out a fact.

thai appologists are a strange bunch!

• Like 1

To all the absolute numbskulls who repeatedly attack Thai consciousness here. This happens on a regular basis, ALL OVER THE WORLD.

You mean to actually say you don't know that? If you don't, I feel sorry for you.

No only does it happen everywhere, so forget the Thainess approach, it happens with people and their own children.

How can someone forget they've left a child in a car? I don't know, but it does happen and I don't feel like hanging them,

because I cannot imagine a greater cross to bear than to have killed one's own offspring. 

Like the 4 wheel drivers that reverse over them regularly. The too hard basket it is.

as you say it may happen all over the world but i can not see any harm in reminding people to be extra cautious here in thailand.  if you think that different races do not think differntly then you are very naive.

a nation that gives driving licences to anyone with a pulse with no training obviously thinks in differnt terms to other nations.  im not complaining - simply pointing out a fact.

If you're going to take pots shots at apologists, make sure they are what you say.

I did not mentioned anywhere in my piece, different nationalities thinking the same. Nor have I even hinted at it. My accused naivety in this, at least, is non-existent.

I commented about people leaving children in cars, a mistake made by people all over the world. Period. It is not, as a number of posters insist upon something peculiar to Thailand.

If apologies were appropriate to be made about things Thai, in response to the frequently ill thought out wrath of the Thai bashers, then choosing human errors common to many nations is not a good place to start. No apology needed.

Your haste to fly in to print before you think, has revealed poor reading skills,  left you susceptible to poor judgement, and invited even poorer logic. To choose to prove a point about apologists, regarding leaving children in cars by quoting a disquiet regarding the licensing of individuals to drive in Thailand, is a non sequitur.

Back to baking bread Jonesy facepalm.gif

So much for corrective measures after the last two deaths . Shame on Thailand transportation minister

A kindergarten kid dies in a locked school van

BANGKOK: -- A four-year old boy was left to die of suffocation in a locked school van parked under the sun in the compound of Cha-uad district police station in Nakhon Si Thammarat on Monday.

Police said that the kindergarten schoolboy whose name was withheld fell asleep at the back seat of the van which also carried 6-7 other kindergarten school children from their homes to the school in the morning.

The van driver, Anusorn Joengrungruang, later admitted to the police that he did not notice that the victim had fallen asleep in the back seat. After he let the other children get off at the school, he drove the car to the police station for parking and then left in a motorcycle to do some business.

At about noon, Anusorn said he started wondering whether he had already let the 4-year old kid out of his van. He then rushed back to the van, opened the door only to find the kid lying dead. Police said the kid died 3-4 hours ago.

Anusorn admitted that he felt very sorry for not properly checking the van to make sure all the children had disembarked.

The victim’s parents did not press charges against the driver but police said he would still be charged with manslaughter.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/kindergarten-kid-dies-locked-school-van/

[thaipbs]2014-07-22[/thaipbs]

Oh no, not again!!!

Back to baking bread Jonesy facepalm.gif

im not a real baker smile.png

but i can make a decent sandwich

Edited by jonesthebaker

There are mechanisms in place to ensure safety, and these mechanisms are all born out of frustration after similar tragedies in the past, yet they do not get adhered to or enforced. They just wait for it to happen again where they will temporally enforce the system only for it to fall along the wayside for it to repeat itself yet again.

This happens every day in US and Australia.Theres an article on bbc about it.Tragic accidents happen everywhere..many schools inThai now have a teacher travel in the vans too..

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We dont need to equate events with nationality. Shit happens everywhere. Heres the article about hot car deaths.all are tragic accidents.the van driver cant go back in time but im sure he would if he could.try to empathise with all sides in this tragedy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28214266

This happens every day in US and Australia.Theres an article on bbc about it.Tragic accidents happen everywhere..many schools inThai now have a teacher travel in the vans too..

Not sure if you guys are blind or what????

There is a big difference between parents locking their kids in their own cars and killing them, and this happening on a SCHOOL BUS.

I have looked and can find NO cases where this has happened in the US. Again, NO CASES, so I'm not sure what you mean by it happens every day. Please show some evidence!!!

Obviously we can't control what idiotic parents do on their own to their own child, but on a school bus???? If something like this happened in the US heads would roll and someone would be in prison.

This has happened on a SCHOOL BUS in Thailand TWICE in the past year.

Anyone who says this is common in the west is obviously crazy.

Many of the cases were where parents forgot that their kids were in the back of the car. Just like this case, except the school driver forgot..obviously we are all crazt for having a different opinion than..another arrogant, know it all westerner..did u even read the article?

There is a big difference between parents locking their kids in their own cars and killing them, and this happening on a SCHOOL BUS.

I have looked and can find NO cases where this has happened in the US. Again, NO CASES, so I'm not sure what you mean by it happens every day. Please show some evidence!!!

Obviously we can't control what idiotic parents do on their own to their own child, but on a school bus???? If something like this happened in the US heads would roll and someone would be in prison.

Here is 1 from the US, left in the cold - just as bad although less likely to die in the short term.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/28/toddler-left-on-bus-in-cold-for-nearly-6-hours/4982483/

maybe more if you searched a little more.

• Like 1

Here is 1 from the US, left in the cold - just as bad although less likely to die in the short term.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/28/toddler-left-on-bus-in-cold-for-nearly-6-hours/4982483/

maybe more if you searched a little more.

You are comparing apples to oranges; no one died.

In addition the driver was fired and I'm sure the parent has quite a lucrative lawsuit.

Not the same at all.