Thai Earnings

pgrahmm

Out of curiosity what does the average working class Thai family earn/make per month....more interested in the rural areas as that would apply to most of the population...I think big city families earnings may be higher but I could be wrong.....I'm guessing about 8-10,000 baht per month for rural - too high? Or too low?

Assembly line starting is ALL THAILAND minimum wage of 300THB/day plus frequent OT, over time.

Mostly same for store clerks.

Thai State money to Elders, 500THB/month.

Asst Mgr at Home Pro, 15000 to 20000THB/month, in BKK.

Otherwise, I would agree with your estimated numbers.

a resident

Interestingly you say Thai 'family'; and that, of course, is the point. Family income will be the total of all working members of the family, not individual incomes, and that could be several!

I would be interested in what the major expenditures of a Thai family are! Unlike Europe..housing costs minimal...so cars and fuel, motorbikes, electricity, food (and some not so essential things!!)?

For a family income, on average of both parents and one sibling, earning minimum wage of 300 baht a day, based on a 30 day month would be 27,000 baht.

But of course, you could work that out for yourself, eh?

And that is based on minimal, with only one job for each person.

In Rural area's it's a matter of how many people in the family can actually work. I know a poor family where owing to age or disabilities only one person out of five can work and that person is a Government cleaner who earns 6,700 Baht per month for a six day week. They just about scrape by believe me. I know others who only have one person working the land for 250 Baht per day....when work is available, and they are constantly borrowing money from money lenders to survive.

There is a lot of rubbish talked about the '300 Baht a day minimum wage'. If you do the homework you will find that every Province has a different rate and and many are below 300. Many land workers don't get the minimum wage and if they complain they are replaced by people who need money and will keep quiet. Thousands of Burmese up here in the North are working in construction for a lot under 300 and are happy to do so just to have work. I have a not too distant Neighbour who wants to build a house extension and he has been quoted 700 Baht per day inclusive labour for four workers by two different local builders. Another wanted 1000 per day for four men per day. However; i advised him this is the wrong way to go about it and he should ask for a price for the whole job, not a daily rate, preferably just the labour element and source the materials himself.

• Like 1

For a family income, on average of both parents and one sibling, earning minimum wage of 300 baht a day, based on a 30 day month would be 27,000 baht.

Bloody hell! That's what I earn after 15 years teaching at a government university!

Bloody hell! That's what I earn after 15 years teaching at a government university!

We pay our "helpers" THB 30k/m plus free room & board, free meals, free phone calls home and free internet, and they basically just clean up after people

Assembly line starting is ALL THAILAND minimum wage of 300THB/day plus frequent OT, over time.

Mostly same for store clerks.

Thai State money to Elders, 500THB/month.

Asst Mgr at Home Pro, 15000 to 20000THB/month, in BKK.

Otherwise, I would agree with your estimated numbers.

a resident

Guys working with me, from THB 80k/m up to 250k/m in skilled jobs or there abouts, or the helpers who earn THB 30k/m