Found a fine house to rent but neighbours have 3 barking fluffy rat dogs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like noise pollution, you are in the wrong country. Obviously don't move in to this house. Others will have other problems. Fighting cocks, mobile greengrocers, temple, neighbour's radio, etc. Buy a good pair of ear protectors or

these

You can thank me later. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

We lived in Ban Chang and there was yappy dogs there. They would start at 05:00 every morning. We have a dog but she doesnt bark for nothing, but when these damn yappy things started they would set off all the dogs in the street then ours would start. I asked the neighbour of the yappy dogs not to let them out so early and he agreed to keep them out the back of his house. This only lasted a few days and they were back yap yapping early in the morning. I asked him again whats the deal with his dogs and he said his wife keeps forgetting to put them out the back before she goes to work. I gave up in the end and moved out. We only stayed there a year, it was a nightmare. I didnt need a pack of dogs alarm clock wakng me up after id returned from work.

Dont move in, you will regret it. Take it from someone who knows.

Find another house. With regards to speaking to your potential landlord so they can take care of it 'the Thai way' is not the way to go. Simply put the dogs will be posioned.

End of problem - except for the fat ladies :-)

Best is to move right in between a "buddhist" area and a "muslim" area, close enough to the muslim area, to not have dogs around, and far enough from the next mosque, to avoid the calls for prayers.

If you don't like noise pollution, you are in the wrong country. Obviously don't move in to this house. Others will have other problems. Fighting cocks, mobile greengrocers, temple, neighbour's radio, etc. Buy a good pair of ear protectors or

these

You can thank me later. thumbsup.gif

Spot on.

Easily the best post of the thread.

Barking...is what dogs do...either learn to accept it or move on...

Eating is what middle age Thai women do...it makes them happy...your should be happy for them...

You can still book your flight to the Philippines if you hurry...

This is a trick question... right ? The original post is pointless, OP knows he won't rent the place. Why do so many bother responding to trick questions ? But for some I guess it increases the post tally.

Woof woof.

Anything you feel you should do to improve your living conditions...............is best done -- before you become a neighbor ...........coffee1.gif

A barking dog never bites. Well, at least not while it’s barking.

Edited by sanuk711

Do not even consider moving into that house. It will never end, except when you move. Part of finding a house in Thailand, is scouting the neighborhood for noise. Music, dogs, roosters, etc. Most Thai people barely hear noise, so it will not be an issue for them, and you will have a very hard time getting them to understand why it annoys you, and the importance of peace and quiet. It is a foreign expectation. Few Thais have an expectation of peace, quiet, solitude, privacy, etc. So, do not move in. Find another house. Spend time checking it out. Hang out for an hour, and go back again in the evening. Do not commit, until you are SURE that noise is not an issue.

• Like 1

What I have learned from Thais is being able to owned a dog or dogs does not mean one should be able own one! When it comes to dogs I have a million and one stories to tell you because I use to have 9 dogs and my neighbors around me had maybe more?

Your attitude in the manner you made your post should give you the answer as to whether you should rent this house no matter how limit your options are going to be?

This is what is going to happen if you move in.. you are going to make a ASS OUT OF YOURSELF in front of your wife and she is going to loose face in front of her people and it WILL affect your relationship after a while. You will be pacing up all day and night because every time a person or another dog walks by they are going to start up? For myself, I've been here nearly ten years how it happen not sure now I sleep like a baby while they bark even when the house next door was being robbed! To Thais it Mai Pen Rai unless you can do the same keep looking?

THERE IS A REASON WHY THIS NICE HOUSE IS AVAILABLE!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

Sorry to say many Thais are totally clueless about what a dog requires. They see rat dogs as cute little fashion accessory only. I especially love seeing them CARRY the dogs around, when dogs are in desperate need of exercise! Don't start me on dressing them up....

I lived in gated community in Bang Saen. Same problem. If you wind up stuck somewhere with yapper next door, perhaps could get some tips from Caesar Milan & Dog Whisperer vids from youtube. I did, and after a few sessions did get the dog to shut up. Go to source of the problem. Hint: it isn't the dogs.

Edited by Emster23

If you already know the dogs will irritate you, look for another place. thumbsup.gif

However, this is “Amazing Thailand”, and in some areas both soi dogs and neighbouring dogs may both bark or haul like werewolves (could be real stuff) during night, nothing you can do about it – may even begin only after you signed a renting agreement – and if not dogs, someone around will suddenly get chickens and a noisy rooster with bad timing beginning hours too early, or a screaming monkey; talk from experience, and actually got so used to the monkey that I missed him when he one day were gone – happy I still got the “wolves” around… smile.png

Same problem. Found an ideal fully refurbished house for rent, but a group of soi dogs constantly bark when even neighbours come up the street.

In the short term you'd be occupied arranging the house, but once settled the surrounding noises kick in.

Disappointing, but keep looking.........I am.

Irresponsible owners !

The problem you will have is even if you find a quiet and nice place to rent or buy - how long will it remain like that when such ignorance and irresponsibility is all around. I am not Thai Bashing - but there is certainly a huge discrepancy in neighborly expectations between the locals and Farangs. If we don't like it i suppose we could always <deleted> off back home eh ? That is what i used to recommend to all immigrants in England - so I suppose the same applies here........but it is annoying all the same !

• Like 1

My three dogs only bark, or howl, hee hee, in response to the neighbor's over loud motorcycle, his chickens wandering over to my fence, HIS dog barking, or other stimuli. They are well adjusted to sleep between stimuli.

Also, be aware that dogs can sense real intruders or people who hate dogs. They likely know you as both categories.

Just do not live there. Also, thank your lucky stars you have a nice wife who puts up with your weird ways.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Given you are already complaining about the dogs, think about that constant barking night and day ... day after day, after day, after day, etc. etc.

A rule of thumb that has proven wise self-counsel for me is this: If I have to talk myself into something, I will regret it later. Listen to your inner voice ... not the barking dogs.

Don't do it!! This is why I insist on a 1 month trial lease before going long term. I figure I can live with anything for a month with light at the end of the tunnel but if I was trapped in a 1 year lease and then had bugs or noise or cobras in my bed I would NOT be happy.

I cannot believe this has been raised as a topic. No brainer!!

I think this is very unfair. Clearly the house, its location and price suited them.The dogs present a serious problem and they are trying to find a solution. I consider this forum as a place where friends gather and discuss their problems. If I had a problem like that I would like to discuss it with friends.

I do not find this a "no brainer". I find it normal human behaviour. The tragic thing is that there is no solution to this problem. I wish them all the best.

• Like 1