C'mon England

Simmo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the real word!

Selling football and playing it good are different things. England faced his first challenge and failed!

Shame on you, you disapoint my stepson and the majority of the Thaipeople who cheered you frantically :o

Selling football and playing it good are different things. England faced his first challenge and failed!

Shame on you, you disapoint my stepson and the majority of the Thaipeople who cheered you frantically :o

:D

There should be an "interesting" atmosphere at Man Utd when the new season starts!

Ronaldo v Rooney?

My money's on the little Scouse terrier!!!

They are both professionals.I think that the MU punters will be more of a problem...untill Ronaldo scores a few goals for them....then all will be forgiven.

Shame on you, you disapoint my stepson and the majority of the Thaipeople who cheered you frantically :D

England - well, yeah, as someone has already mentioned elsewhere, they more boast than play. Beck claimed he'll lift the trophy - repeat history of what, 40 years old ? :D well, now it seems it would take a bit longer for another chance for that ! :o

I am still wondering - why on earth THAI people like England so much? because of Beckham and MU ?

I think they didn't perform so impressive during whole tournament anyway. even Ivory Coast and Ghana left much more memorable impressions than them.

yes, I agree with Patex - how VERY TRUE !

I think the only reason they even got THAT far - because they've played with not so strong teams earlier. it reminds me someone's comment about Ukraine's win over Switz - that what kind of victory is that? well, England has faced same situation and couldn'd perform even as good as Ukraine (1st time EVER in WC !) against Switz or Portugal ! :D

wow - what a fire they all get ! won't like to be in the place of any of them ! :o

End of the embarrassment

The World Cup is better off without a muddled side that failed dismally to add up to the sum of its parts ....

It will go down as the year they had two World Cups — one illuminated by disciples of the Beautiful Game, the other played by England. When Sven-Göran Eriksson and his long-ball sect were eliminated on penalties by Portugal last night, it ended the embarrassment it has been to be an Englishman in Germany this past month....

How could John Terry, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, who are outstanding week in, week out in the most competitive league in the world, look so ordinary against the also-rans of Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago and Ecuador? Why can’t Lampard and Gerrard function together? What is the point of Paul Robinson kicking the ball from one penalty area to the other with only a midget centre-forward to aim at?

And so to defeat in a penalty shootout at the hands of Portugal and the nemesis they call Scolari. If only the FA had got him . . .

Sorry Simmo, but this was one Aussie barracking very hard for Portugal last night.

Since this whole thing started I haven't enjoyed the derision, the patronising, the arrogance, the wholier than thou, the "we are gods of the sport" attitude and finally the "we was robbed" wank when their billion pound players couldn't simply kick a ball in the net from a few yards out.

(I don't include all the English in my rant, some of you are gentleman and very good sports who are obviously disappointed in your teams performance when you expected more - Chonabot) To the people who resemble my first remarks, tuff, maybe in 4 years time!

exactly croc but the icing on the cake was richmond beating collingwood this weekend :o

Yeh, that was good, but the Bullies beating the mighty Eagles has put me in a sour mood, if you hadn't noticed. :D

but the crows flew high again

exactly croc but the icing on the cake was richmond beating collingwood this weekend :o

Yeh, that was good, but the Bullies beating the mighty Eagles has put me in a sour mood, if you hadn't noticed. :D

but the crows flew high again

There're looking good for the whole thing :D

Good bye pigface roony, good bye England...

is it just me or is england sitting back these last 10 minutes?? someone tell them its still 0-0!!

Hey,

they are just 10 players from a sad island, what would you expect?? :D:D

redrus

Sorry Simmo, but this was one Aussie barracking very hard for Portugal last night.

Since this whole thing started I haven't enjoyed the derision, the patronising, the arrogance, the wholier than thou, the "we are gods of the sport" attitude and finally the "we was robbed" wank when their billion pound players couldn't simply kick a ball in the net from a few yards out.

(I don't include all the English in my rant, some of you are gentleman and very good sports who are obviously disappointed in your teams performance when you expected more - Chonabot) To the people who resemble my first remarks, tuff, maybe in 4 years time!

Suck it up old boy... we had all that from you lot over the Ashes and you boys still giving us shit even when it was done and dusted - certainly no antipodean gents in that one. The 'we are the shit at sports' bit came from one of your bethren, Donz (aka, siam superfly or is it sing sling?). Win or lose, the English will always be subject to bashing, which is fair enough after all the talk the talk ad nauseum, but a bit sad when they all come in for a bite at the end - patex, aaaaaaaaaaa. Btw, well done on your win. Do you think Mrbojangles will let you have the grand back? :o

a bit sad when they all come in for a bite at the end - patex, aaaaaaaaaaa. Btw, well done on your win. Do you think Mrbojangles will let you have the grand back? :o

well, I think you take me wrong, it was not my purpose to "bite in the end". England has played not worse than many other teams in tournament, perhaps better than many. BUT - I just can'd stand it and agree with that despite their loss and, let's say "not good ENOUGH" performance, some still try to boast that it is the best team and would / could have win "if not ...."

I couldn't make myself to keep quite ! no need for bashing. results tell all !

P.S. I've edited this - actually I meant "not worse" instead of "not worth" ....

Edited by aaaaaa

I couldn't make myself to keep quite ! no need for bashing. results tell all !

Agreed absolutely , we played poorly yet stayed longer than Holland, Mexico,Czech Republic, Every African/Asian Nation. Ended up in the last 8.

Imagine what will happen when we play well.

:o

chonabot, I must point out : I DO know you are joking here again - so, I'll dissapoint you by not taking a bait.

but thanks for agreeing anyway. oh, and for being honest - at least you didn't start all over again the same song "we are the best" ....