Money transfer out of thailand

Hello my wife is haveing a bit of dificulty sending money to the uk from Thailand, the money is in her sisters acount... Her sister went to a bangkok bank branch and tryed to send a transfer but it was refused .. Is there laws against sending money out of the country? If the banks will not do a transfer is there alternatives? How much thb can you carry out the country.. Thanks to any sme's who can help out!

all sorts of nonsense will be sprouted by thai banks to stop you doing what you want with your own money.

first try the head office. if fails then try changing the money into another currency at a money changer, pounds i guess for you, then take the pounds to the bank and send that, best to ask first if they can send pounds.

i have been told that they can do it then when the transaction is complete they ring and call you back and say you cant. so get approval from as high as necessary before hand and probably best to use the head office of the bank.

Generally (i.e., doesn't cover all reasons) funds can be sent for the following reasons...documentation required will vary.

Funds can be transferred for any number of reasons, depending whether you are a Thai national or foreigner working in Thailand:

For Thai nationals

• Educational expenses
  • Family support
  • Living expenses
  • Payment for goods
  • Payment for services
  • Travel expenses
  • Personal expenses
  • Gift
  • Donation

For foreigners

• Salary repatriation

To transfer funds overseas you will need the following information:

• The recipient’s account name, account number and address
  • The name and address of the recipient’s bank
  • The SWIFT address of the bank that they have an account with (if any)
  • Supporting document (Thai citizens – A document stating the purpose of the fund transfer; Foreigners - A document stating the source of the income).