Chaeng Wattana Proof of Residence?

In Phuket, I had to get a Proof of Residence certificate when I bought the motorbike, got a bank account, and for the Thai DL. I live in BKK now and Immigration at CW has no idea what I'm talking about. The information officer led me to J2. When I was taken, lady #1 had no idea what I was talking about. She called lady #2 over and she had no idea what I was talking about. Lady #3 came over and gave me a paper to contact the U.S. Embassy for a proof of residence. Then she got on my case about having to report to CW every 90 days because I just moved here. I said I travelled out of the country just about every week or two and I check in when I return through immigration at the airport and my 90 days should start over. She got very impatient with me and insisted I had to check in at CW every 90 days. I offered her to look at my passport to see how many times I come in and out of Thailand on my B Visa. She wasn't having any of it. So, no Proof of Residence at CW and now she wants me to check in every 90 days........I think she's lost her damn mind.

• Like 1

CW will not do a certificate of residence unless you are making 90 day reports to them. Since you are traveling a lot and don't need to do reports they would not do it,

Perhaps if you had done your extension there they would of been a little more flexible.

• Like 1

I need to do a Proof of Residence certificate for my Thai DL,I have a lease on a condo in Bangkok, If CW don't make them, will Jontiem?. I'll be on a Tourist visa in Sept.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just use the WP address. I have done that before, but this was in Phuket. That just means your mail concerning the vehicle will go to your work.

The other option is to go to the US embassy as they suggest. Immigration was right that the US embassy and other embassies issues residency certs. Having the embassy there in Bangkok might be part of the reason why they do it differently there compared to Phuket or other places. They are significantly more expensive at the embassy.

You will not be subject to any penalty for not registering every 90 days when you enter and exit so often, but after reading UbonJoe's post, not doing so will apparently effect your ability to get them to issue a letter of residency for you. Unique rules I have never heard of before.

Edited by NomadJoe

My friend you are talking about a multiple entry whereby on rentry the 90 day begins again,is imaterial of leaving often the immo is correct.

As for the residence part i believe TM18 issued by immo is the form in ?.

I need to do a Proof of Residence certificate for my Thai DL,I have a lease on a condo in Bangkok, If CW don't make them, will Jontiem?. I'll be on a Tourist visa in Sept.

Thanks

CW will not do them if you have a tourist visa,

Jomtien would not do it unless you have a proof of address for their assigned area.

My friend you are talking about a multiple entry whereby on rentry the 90 day begins again,is imaterial of leaving often the immo is correct.

What visa or extension he is on is what is immaterial. He enters and exits for more often than 90 days due to work. He does not have to make the 90 day reports.

Thanks Joe's,as I'm thinking buying a vehicle,I wanted a Thai DL first and you have to have a residence certificate to take the test.

I printed out the form(in English)but no point with CW,shame. But it saved me a wasted trip. Cheers

The TM18 is for other purposes. This form with no number is the correct form to use. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

The TM18 is for other purposes. This form with no number is the correct form to use. http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

Yes,that's the form I downloaded. As it states Immigration, would any Embassy accept to this form?.

It seems crazy you can take your DL test on a tourist visa,but can get proof of residence from Immigration at CW!..

Why don't CW accept their own form?.(unless you do your 90 day report there)

Yes,that's the form I downloaded. As it states Immigration, would any Embassy accept to this form?.

It seems crazy you can take your DL test on a tourist visa,but can get proof of residence from Immigration at CW!..

Why don't CW accept their own form?.(unless you do your 90 day report there)

That is just the application form. Immigration does the residence certificate as a letter and will want a photo to attach to it.

The embassy would use their own form to do a proof of address.

It is no so much the 90 reports. They basically don't do them unless you have an extension of stay. They are not the only office the will not do them unless you at least have a non immigrant visa. Some don't do them at all.

• Like 1

"Just use the WP address. I have done that before, but this was in Phuket. That just means your mail concerning the vehicle will go to your work."

There is a place in the WP for the address where you live.

• Like 1

I tried to get a Residence Certificate at CW 3 days ago inorder to open a bank account with TMB.Originally TMB said they would only open an account if I had a work permit, but then said a letter from immigration would suffice.

CW only have one RC form with only 2 options, applying for a licence or buying/selling a vehicle.

They turned me away at first but I tried again and saw an Immigration Official. Solution was to say I needed the letter for a licence.

Now have to wait two weeks for it to arrive by mail. And yes they checked my 90 day report paper.

Just pay through the nose and get it at the British Embassy.

Correct amundo, and be ripped off for the privelege.

CW, if you dont do 90 day reports, no certificate issued.

If you do 90 day reports, 200 baht to be sent by SMS to your house.

Head off to Brit House and be ripped off for 2000+ baht.

J2 is the correct counter, did you show 90 day reports?

Very helpful women at that counter.

Our wonderful government again,they don't miss a trick to charge us.

I'll wait until I get an extension and report to CW etc.

I live in Samui

i have had the same address for 15 years

i have a work permit

Social insurance card

5 year Thai Driver license

Company registration paper

Phone bills

credit card bills

All with my address on them here in Samui

I stay as far away from Samui Imigration as possible.

Do I still need a Residence certifiacte to renew yo Drivers license?

I have a 'retirement' visa, 90day report - both up to date.

I can prove my address with TOT & TRue bills & receipts.

No WP of course.

In order to renew my 5-year driving licences do I need a proof of address certificate from immigration or my embassy - or are the TOT & True documents sufficient?. I live in Bangkok & am 70 years old..

Good lord I hate to beat this horse.... the finance lady is again saying I have to have this for my car. Its at the lot waiting for me, but I can't take it until I have the COR. I explained to her that I have already been to Immigration, said that I wanted to buy a car and they would not give me one. Any suggestions?

Good lord I hate to beat this horse.... the finance lady is again saying I have to have this for my car. Its at the lot waiting for me, but I can't take it until I have the COR. I explained to her that I have already been to Immigration, said that I wanted to buy a car and they would not give me one. Any suggestions?

Go to your embassay and have them issue you with one.

Like me,no choice but to go to your Embassy and pay thru the nose,or have a visa or extension(with 90 day reporting)and they will issue a COR.

a real pain

Edited by MAZ3