Two horse-race contest for national police chief's post

webfact

Two horse-race contest for national police chief's post

somyos-poompanmuang-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two contenders for the national police chief’s post have submitted their resumes and vision reports to the acting national police chief, Pol Gen Watcharapol Prasarnratchakit, for consideration by the Police Policy Commission.

Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, deputy police chief for security affairs, said Friday that he felt very pleased that the media, the public and his superiors had trust in him and recognized him as one of the two contenders.

He said he had submitted the two documents to Pol Gen Watcharapol but declined what was written in the vision report.
Meanwhile, another contender, Pol Gen Aek Angsananont, said the vision report was only two A4 pages long.

The Police Policy Commission is yet to set a date for the meeting to mull the resumes and vision reports of the two contenders before they are to decide on one of them as the new national police chief.

The post has been left vacant shortly after the May 22 coup when the National Council for Peace and Order removed Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew, the national police chief, to be attached to the Prime Minister’s Office.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-horse-race-contest-national-police-chiefs-post/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-25

The new guy cannot do any worse than the last guy -- I hope. Finger pointers always neglect to remember that the Big Police Chief is hemmed in on many sides -- and the corruption runs the whole way across the colored board. It's too easy to blame everything on Thaksin, and way too easy to declare PM T as a saint. Neither accusation is correct to me, and both camps have a lot to answer for.

Amazing Thailand, and screw dangling participles and split infinitives.

Again, as before the last poll that no one can confirm with data, I give the general, the good General Prayuth O-cha, the same grade the Thais in the aforementioned poll gave him -- a B+

No, that's not an F -- and absolutely not is that an A.

The new guy cannot do any worse than the last guy -- I hope. Finger pointers always neglect to remember that the Big Police Chief is hemmed in on many sides -- and the corruption runs the whole way across the colored board. It's too easy to blame everything on Thaksin, and way too easy to declare PM T as a saint. Neither accusation is correct to me, and both camps have a lot to answer for.

Amazing Thailand, and screw dangling participles and split infinitives.

Again, as before the last poll that no one can confirm with data, I give the general, the good General Prayuth O-cha, the same grade the Thais in the aforementioned poll gave him -- a B+

No, that's not an F -- and absolutely not is that an A.