not a lot of tourists?

i claudius

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in Chiang Mai the other week. There was A LOT of tourist there.

maybe a drop in the 'non tourist' westerners, esp the "unauthorized" kind maybe?whistling.gif

But i shouldnt throw stones, when my contract ends and my work permit expires,

I may become one of those unauthorized kind until i sort all this sh*t out!ermm.gif

We just had 12 pages on this same topic, the last post a mere 11 days ago. Nothing's changed since then. Yes, it's STILL low season. It will BE low season till, oh, late November.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/738126-have-you-ever-seen-pattaya-so-empty-of-tourists/

And from that thread, here's the answer you're seeking:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/738126-have-you-ever-seen-pattaya-so-empty-of-tourists/page-9#entry8090488

Good. I hope all the Russians will decide to go there.

Why? Can you explain it? I would like to know why we have to hate Russians.

That's a very good question. Maybe ask a Ukranian?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I dont hate them at all but I do find them generally to be large and brash and pointless, and they always seem to be loitering in my way with their huge shopping bags and their luggage and their numerous kids.

All of which seem like excellent reasons to hope they all decide to go somewhere (anywhere) where I am not. (Other nearby nationalities are welcome to join them.)

Edited by KittenKong
  • Like 2

The guys, yes, but their hot girlfriends, NO!

I went to tesco south tonight at 8pm. I managed to go to a checkout without lining up, in fact there were about 6 checkouts with no one. The night before at friendship it was the same..eerie.

We haven't had a good RUSSIANS thread in while. Yeah, let's do THAT again too. clap2.gif

Here's last month's: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732646-have-the-russian-tourists-dissapeared/?hl=%20russians

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

I went to tesco south tonight at 8pm. I managed to go to a checkout without lining up, in fact there were about 6 checkouts with no one. The night before at friendship it was the same..eerie.

Yes i know its supposed to be low season ,but in the last 8 years i do not think that i have seen the stores so empty of customers ,that and the fact that not so many people walking around ,are just the sort of thing i was going by .mind you its great when you have to go shopping, as for another thread about not a lot of tourists 11 days ago ,sorry i missed it peoplesad.png

That's a very good question. Maybe ask a Ukranian?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Or a Dutchman

Maybe you don't go to Jomtien very often.

2012-07-06+Pamukkale+091.jpg

That's great form mateclap2.gif - posting candid photos of neighbours on a public forum. That is someone's mother, or sister, or wife - how would you feel if it was yours.

Ok, so now we know you don't like Russians and you don't like fat people.

We haven't had a good RUSSIANS thread in while. Yeah, let's do THAT again too. clap2.gif

Here's last month's: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732646-have-the-russian-tourists-dissapeared/?hl=%20russians

And you put "quit the bitchin" above your avatar. Lovely irony!

That's great form mate:clap2: - posting candid photos of neighbours on a public forum. That is someone's mother, or sister, or wife - how would you feel if it was yours.

As usual you prove that you know little or nothing.

That image is hit number 2 on a straightforward Google search. https://www.google.com/search?q=fat+russian+tourist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tC3TU-HuIIiLuATZlICYDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1391&bih=894

So take your grief up with Larry Page, or even Sergey Brin (who was born in Moscow and may even know the lady in question).

Maybe you don't go to Jomtien very often.

2012-07-06+Pamukkale+091.jpg

That's great form mate:clap2: - posting candid photos of neighbours on a public forum. That is someone's mother, or sister, or wife - how would you feel if it was yours.

Well, but now let's see the daughter! smile.png

Make any excuse you like. Posting photos of fat people is poor form, even if you snatched it off Google. I'm sorry, I didn't Google for fat photos and check.. Think for a moment, do you think everyone who posts here is lean. Do you think Russians don't read here... come to think of it, I'd take Russians over you any day.

I dont need to make any excuses at all, thanks, and you are more than welcome to take Russians any way you want to. Just dont do it in public.

And you put "quit the bitchin" above your avatar. Lovely irony!

Lovely naiveté! Kindly allow me to clarify things for you.

post-14882-0-01421300-1406351000_thumb.p

But

Pattaya is boss, always loved coming down from Isaan but last week was absolute murder for traffic. Stay central, take the baht bus, eat at great restaurants and get pissed, happy days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only hope for a long term solution to the Russian problem in Pattaya is tough economic sanctions on that country by the West over the Ukrainian conflict or a severe fall in world oil price.
I personally have not noticed such a great reduction of russkies in the city. Plenty of them in Jomtien beach, in the Central and Royal Garden Plaza shopping centres. Lots of them are now living here permanently. Went to Walking street the other night and was shocked by a change since the last time I was there a few years ago. Seems like a third of it now caters to Russians only (discos, restaurants, bars, 4d cinemas, etc.). Another quarter of establishments is primarily for Middle Eastern customers. Lots of places in sois off the street lie in ruins (literally), perhaps waiting to be converted to new Russian businesses. And the number of Russians working openly in the street is so much higher than before.