used or reconditioned items for sale?

willyumiii

I know most Thais prefer to buy everything from cars to houses brand new.

I don't.

I live a little south of Khorat and am wondering if anyone knows where to buy items like used or reconditioned garden equipment ( lawn mowers, weed eaters and the like ).

Are there any shops who deal in used merchandise anywhere in the Khorat area?

Any classified adds for used items?

Anything like Craig's list in Thailand with listings in the English language?

I am from California where there is a huge trade in used merchandise and you can save a lot and make some good purchases if you know what you are looking for and what it's worth!

I'm not cheap, just frugal!

I

Yes, Craigs List is available for Thailand, primarily Bangkok, but take a look anyway. I bought my Samsung S3 off of it almost two years ago, new in box, and saved baht 5,000 over the local price at the time.

As to used gear, don't know what amphur you're in, but drive around and ask for a lawnmower or weedwhacker repair place, such shops quite often have used gear for sale.

Mac

I have found that Thais know very well the American English term "Second Hand" and it seems there are second hand shops in small towns and many in bigger towns.

Also - on Facebook there are Second Hand groups based in Thailand ... using various names - the name usually includes a name of the town or area... example there is a FB group called Second Hand Koh Chang... Bangkok Trader, the name also often uses the name Buy and Sell ... so these names are searchable on FB..

And you can also think of starting one yourself - begin inviting Farang and Thai and other in your area... it starts growing by friends adding friends ... carry a cheap contact card around to tell people about it ... Then sooner or later you will see 'stuff' that you are interesting in buying.

• Like 1