Gonna try my luck in Hanoi….

I'm planning on going to Hanoi next month to apply for a double-entry tourist visa.

Anyone been to Hanoi for a visa lately have any words of wisdom they want to share?

In particular, I'm interested in the turnaround time; from the thread in the "Latest reports of getting a visa in the region" sticky, it sounds like you get your visa the day after you apply -- I'm just trying to time the application process in relation to my return flight so as to not lose any days off the visa.

Well, assuming I should be lucky enough to get one…. : /

I am no expert on the new rules but I would imagine that your chances of success would depend less upon the consul and more upon whether you really are, or at least can make yourself look like a real tourist. Getting the visa issued seems to be only part of the game now, you still have to get stamped in the country.

I agree that reentry, even with a visa, could be dicey…like, who knows how things are going to go after Aug 12? I'm hoping that showing proof of financial self-sufficiency, plus flight tickets out of Thailand, will do the trick…but I may yet end up taking an extended holiday in Vietnam...wink.png

Yes, UbonJoe is right. Don't even try it without a ticket out of Thailand. About a year ago, they were more than willing to give me a Triple Entry Tourist Visa if I could show them my itinerary, hotel bookings and 2 flight tickets out of Thailand.

Make sure that your paperwork is top notch. They are very nice, professional and but firm in what they require to issue Tourist Visas. Very quiet Embassy! Next day pick up.

Well, my plan is to have:

• round trip flight out of thailand and back, to trigger my second entry
  • flight out of thailand at the end of the second entry (ie, roughly 180 days after start of visa)
  • bank statements showing adequate finances for the coming 6 months
  • bank statements for prior time in thailand showing withdrawals from thai ATMs (ie, have supported myself with my own money)

Would I need anything else?