High-society woman shot dead by Swiss husband: police

Lite Beer

High-society woman shot dead by Swiss husband: police
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- High society figure Kritaya Lamsam, an executive at Muang Thai Insurance, was shot dead by her Swiss husband at their Bangkok home on Friday evening, police said yesterday.

Police Region Five commander Maj-General Suebsak Pansuri said it appeared Redo Kastellassi, 55, killed the 48-year-old before turning the gun on himself.

Kritaya's body was found in a bedroom and her husband's body was found in a bathroom on the second floor of the Lamsam family's six-floor luxury condominium on Narathiwat Ratchanakarin Road, Sathorn.

The couple had lived there with members of the Lamsam family.

Suebsak said Kritaya was shot in the head.

He said an 11mm gun was found in the bathroom and a 9mm gun, a Magnum gun and seven cartridges were also discovered.

Police interviewed Kritaya's relatives and a maid who lived with the couple and believed Kastellassi killed his wife while she was packing a bag to leave after they argued.

He had been treated for neurosis and was taking medication, Suebsak said.

Suebsak said the maid had revealed that before the incident the couple had gone cycling together and returned to have dinner at 6pm.

He said the maid was ironing clothes in another room when she heard several gunshots at around 8pm, prompting her to alert Kritaya's relatives to call police.

A source said Kritaya's relatives said the guns found in the condominium belonged to Kritaya, who was a keen shooter.

Her family had warned her against keeping the guns at home for fear of something like this happening due to Kastellassi being mentally unstable.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/High-society-woman-shot-dead-by-Swiss-husband-poli-30239551.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-27

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

I am not advocating one way or another, but if there were no guns in that house, then there is a good chance we wouldn't be reading this report.

One more thing? A SIX floor condominium? Good luck to them for living in one, but I didn't know such things existed

The article mentions that the extended family was at home there too. The couple likely only used one floor for themselves.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

To protect against dishonest people (in theory).

Or a very fast, easy and immediately accessible way to off oneself or members of one's family.

You know, in UK, handguns are banned. Very few firearms aren't banned. What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

I am not advocating one way or another, but if there were no guns in that house, then there is a good chance we wouldn't be reading this report.

One more thing? A SIX floor condominium? Good luck to them for living in one, but I didn't know such things existed

I agree but if he wanted her dead, them not having guns there would not prevent it happening.

'Six' floor could be a typo... sixth.

I leave RIP comments to the RIP squad here.

The overall conclusion of this event:

- one can be violent and a Swiss (despite what I used to believe in);

- money does not always make a happy life (despite common belief);

- even some Swiss men can be neurotic;

- two guns in one family is excessive (one is enough);

- Kasikorn or BoB (or whatever) will be looking for a Senior Executive soon;

- Hi-So, Lo-So or So-So, - they all are mortal;

- it would be good not to blow this incident out of proportion;

- family business as usual.

Silly summing up of misconceptions about the Swiss. Why insert the word Swiss in there? One can be violent and human, some men can be neurotic. Could be that you are confusing Switzerland with Iceland or somewhere.

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries. Maybe you are confusing discipline with passivity.

• Like 1

What does an honest person need a handgun in his house for?

To protect against dishonest people (in theory).

Or a very fast, easy and immediately accessible way to off oneself or members of one's family.

The guns belonged to the woman jpeg

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I leave RIP comments to the RIP squad here.

The overall conclusion of this event:

- one can be violent and a Swiss (despite what I used to believe in);

- money does not always make a happy life (despite common belief);

- even some Swiss men can be neurotic;

- two guns in one family is excessive (one is enough);

- Kasikorn or BoB (or whatever) will be looking for a Senior Executive soon;

- Hi-So, Lo-So or So-So, - they all are mortal;

- it would be good not to blow this incident out of proportion;

- family business as usual.

Silly summing up of misconceptions about the Swiss. Why insert the word Swiss in there? One can be violent and human, some men can be neurotic. Could be that you are confusing Switzerland with Iceland or somewhere.

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries. Maybe you are confusing discipline with passivity.

The Swiss had one of the most feared armies in Europe in 14th to 16th centuries.

And nowadays the Swiss Navy is a force to be reckoned with!

RIP to the deceased.

Apologies, guys. Didn't mean any offence. On the contrary, I meant that Swiss are calm, self controlled and very reasonable lot. Don't be too sensitive and try to read into my post what isn't there.

As to mentioning 'Swiss' - blame the OP.

After all I said I believed Swiss are not neurotic, not violent. You have just shattered my beliefs. biggrin.png

• Like 1

High society Woman ????

Only in Thailand...... What's the big deal what her status was, makes no odds to anyone..

To be honest I don't think these silly soap operas help, if anytime I do watch one, it's all about violence and guns and violence ...

"...... it's all about violence and guns and violence ..." and hi-sos.