Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Just talked with the officer with whom I submitted my application last December. She confirmed that some of the 2006 applicants indeed already approved. She added that 99% chance is that all of the applications in the backlog (including the ones who applied last December 2011, including me) will be approved within this year.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard the good news that I got approved today - along with 200 others I understand. I applied in 2006, so hopefully some of you will be getting some good news soon.

(the approvals were signed this morning, so it might take a few days before the letters get sent out)

congrats.

just one silly question............. did you recieved some kind of approval letter or did you found your name on any official website?

if this question is addressed to me - neither. It was from a well placed connection (can't say anymore on a public forum) - but it is genuine (apparently including the other 200 approvals).

I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word on this advance notice of good news to come very shortly.

(and before anyone asks, no money was involved!)

congrats.

just one silly question............. did you recieved some kind of approval letter or did you found your name on any official website?

if this question is addressed to me - neither. It was from a well placed connection (can't say anymore on a public forum) - but it is genuine (apparently including the other 200 approvals).

I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word on this advance notice of good news to come very shortly.

Congrats. Don't forget to let us know once you receive further updates.

congrats. just one silly question............. did you recieved some kind of approval letter or did you found your name on any official website?
if this question is addressed to me - neither. It was from a well placed connection (can't say anymore on a public forum) - but it is genuine (apparently including the other 200 approvals). I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word on this advance notice of good news to come very shortly. (and before anyone asks, no money was involved!)

Alright then, we take your word on that, and hope every thing happens as you 've said.

Hi Guys...

Well sorry not to post the good news earlier... But I told you so about 7 mths ago... remember?

I was a bit unsure to post, dont want any attention.... but now, as it seems my prediction really comes true:

Ok, I received my PR 3 weeks ago as the first one in years... ( Class of 2007 ! ) They called me in the evening: "You have time tomorrow morning...?" ... No letter involved at all... be prpared for a call in Thai... :-) I went there next morning, they were surprised I arrived without company... ( sure u dont need a translator...) a lot of paperworks to be signed- and then ceremony, VIP Room, got the blue book served on a golden plate, picture with immigration chief, shake hands etc... Very impressive and really heartwarming after I waited for so many years...

Then next week, got red book and my name in Tabien Baan.... was a bit of a hassle again, cause nobody seemed to have done this lately... Then endorsment and multiple reentry... All involved officials kind of "reverent" -- that alone was all worth it wink.png

Unfortunately bangkok Dormor said no idea about all the other applicants, but hopefully the knot has been cut now......

Well - Cross fingers for all of you, but guess it looks good! Now...whats next? oh... lets go for citizenship! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Anybody interested in more details pls send private msg...clap2.gif

If anybody gets it I can give some extra good advice BEFORE you go get the red book... feel free to ask in pm....

Cheers!

Hi guys...

no response at all to these good news...;-( I thought there would be more interested people reading this topic......

--Well I have got some private msgs... ! Thanks ! Looks like several more people got the PR in the last couple of days.... !!!!!!! WOW

Cheers

As it seems that there is no particular sequence to the approvals. There have been 2005,2006 and 2007 approvals. I am 2007 class. Is there more in same class got approved besides Siamfan?

I am still waiting though.

Urge as many persons to post as possible and share experience and information as to what mode they are getting approvals through (phone calls or letters?)

I've now got my Certificate of Residence (blue book) and Alien Registration (red book).

The whole process at Chaeng Watthana took one hour, although I think that was expedited. It's all been pretty much as stated in the guides on this forum.

I got my red book at Thonglor police station - the police man concerned there couldn't have been more helpful. We went there straight from Chaeng Watthana on Monday morning, and even though we got there at midday, he still let us start the process, and even did a couple of photocopies for us that were missing. Bt1200 for 1 year + 5 year extension (6 years in total). He even gave us his mobile phone number to call to check when it would be ready the next day. (which it was, at about midday).

At Wattana district office though, when we went there (me and my wife (who is Thai)), the lady on reception insisted that only Thai's could be put on the blue Tabien Baan (I'm already on a yellow one). They obviously haven't had many farangs requesting it lately! After a few minutes of insisting she took us to one of the senior officers there, who was also very helpful. We submitted photocopies of documents, and have an interview scheduled for later in the week, with no need for the intermediate process of getting a letter and going back to immigration.

Immigration also said there's no rush to get the re-entry permit, and I only need to get it just before my next exit from Thailand, as the year starts counting down from the date it's issued. (if that makes sense). So the process is nearly complete.

Congratulations!

Are the red books still old and yellowed and threatening to fall apart at the slightest touch?

Ha - yes they appear to be at least 30 years old. An important page in mine fell out on the first day as I photocopied it so glued it back in! So now I've got 4 documents to carry round all the time - passport, work permit, red book and blue book - you need to have big pockets!

congrats.

Congrats on your Blue and Red Books. Is there any further news on next batch of approvals? When is it expected for many of waiting( weren't lucky enough in first approvals) to get good news? Help to find if you may.

congrats.

Congrats on your Blue and Red Books. Is there any further news on next batch of approvals? When is it expected for many of waiting( weren't lucky enough in first approvals) to get good news? Help to find if you may.

I was informed yesterday that I should prepare the necessary documents for issuing the residence certificate which will probably be in the next couple of weeks.

Also I was told that the interior ministry has already signed off about 500 applications (roughly up to 2009) and expect to clear the entire backlog quite soon. Apparently that batch of 500 is already back at immigration so the ball is now back in their court.

I make no claim as to the veracity of this info. Just that is what I was told and I have no reason to disbelieve it.

Congratulations!

Are the red books still old and yellowed and threatening to fall apart at the slightest touch?

Ha - yes they appear to be at least 30 years old. An important page in mine fell out on the first day as I photocopied it so glued it back in! So now I've got 4 documents to carry round all the time - passport, work permit, red book and blue book - you need to have big pockets!

Congratulations.But you definitely don't have to carry any of these books all the time.I believe PR like yourself are even exempted from requirement to carry passport - at least that's what my lawyer told me.

Red book is not needed for travel outside Thailand though you will need it if you want international driving license.I was told by a friend this was the only time he needed it other than the annual immigration exercise.

congrats.

I was informed yesterday that I should prepare the necessary documents for issuing the residence certificate which will probably be in the next couple of weeks.

Also I was told that the interior ministry has already signed off about 500 applications (roughly up to 2009) and expect to clear the entire backlog quite soon. Apparently that batch of 500 is already back at immigration so the ball is now back in their court.

I make no claim as to the veracity of this info. Just that is what I was told and I have no reason to disbelieve it.

Wow! Can't wait to hear from them.....Thankyou for Great Information fingers crossed.

congrats.

So would you like to share with us that how you was informed? phone or letter?

So would you like to share with us that how you was informed? phone or letter?

Phone call from the lawyer handling my application.

Could someone who has acquired the PR recently advice, What is official mode of information from PR Section of Immegration to them is it Phone or Letter?

Red book is not needed for travel outside Thailand though you will need it if you want international driving license.I was told by a friend this was the only time he needed it other than the annual immigration exercise.

So with PR you still have to turn up at immigration every year?

So with PR you still have to turn up at immigration every year?

Only if you plan to travel out of the country.

There is no law that anyone must carry a passport but there is a photo ID law that applies to everyone including Thai citizens.

Yes but it needs to be primary id which for most foreigners means passport, not so for holders of PR. Actual practice is a different matter altogether.

One advantage of PR is that you're now in the Ministry of Interior's ID card database. Any police office anywhere in Thailand can look up and confirm your identity from their desktops, either from your name or your newly-issued identification number (13 digits, starts with 8).

After getting the citizenship, I wonder what's your birth place shown in thai passport? Is it the province you born? Or the country? Or the city? Is it your choice to select either of these to be shown as your birth place?

Archived