Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

The Citizen's ID number is assigned at the District Office and put on your tabien ban. They don't inform you about it and you probably wouldn't notice until you apply for a driving licence and they put it on there instead of your passport number.

Hi

I need a lit bit of guidence, I recieved PR on 15/10/12, went to police station and got my red book on 18/10/12, went to district office on 19/10/12 and waiting the process to be completed. Should I have to report the CW for any thing ( in my case I am not leaving thailand in near future), do I still have to make any type of endorsments in CW?

They told me the endorsement in the blue book and the immigrant visa in the passport are only required if I intend to leave the country.

The Citizen's ID number is assigned at the District Office and put on your tabien ban. They don't inform you about it and you probably wouldn't notice until you apply for a driving licence and they put it on there instead of your passport number.

Hi

I need a lit bit of guidence, I recieved PR on 15/10/12, went to police station and got my red book on 18/10/12, went to district office on 19/10/12 and waiting the process to be completed. Should I have to report the CW for any thing ( in my case I am not leaving thailand in near future), do I still have to make any type of endorsments in CW?

They told me the endorsement in the blue book and the immigrant visa in the passport are only required if I intend to leave the country.

It is prudent to always have a valid endorsement. You never know when you may need to leave urgently for a family emergency etc. One never knows.

The assigned ID number from the District Office that is in the Yellow Tabien Baan also becomes ones tax ID and Drivers license number. Bangkok Bank used my ID number for the last account I opened, but I do not know if they changed my records for the other accounts I have there. When I recieved the Yellow Tabien Baan I was told to report to the tax office so they could change my tax ID number.

The assigned ID number from the District Office that is in the Yellow Tabien Baan also becomes ones tax ID and Drivers license number. Bangkok Bank used my ID number for the last account I opened, but I do not know if they changed my records for the other accounts I have there. When I recieved the Yellow Tabien Baan I was told to report to the tax office so they could change my tax ID number.

Blue Tabienban, in the case of people having received their PR.

Can one of the posters here who have had their PR for some time confirm we have to go to the tax office to change the tax ID? I have never heard that before, so I am wondering.

Hi

So did you get your PR endorsed?

Edited by skyaslimit

Blue Tabienban, in the case of people having received their PR.

Can one of the posters here who have had their PR for some time confirm we have to go to the tax office to change the tax ID? I have never heard that before, so I am wondering.

Not as far as I know. Waz in the last PR batch when ever that was ( 2006 )... Still using same tax ID

Got my Tax ID a number of years before my Permanent Residency and blue house registration book with ID. The tax ID number is 10 digits. The House Registration ID is 13 digits. I don't think that you change your tax ID. The Land Transport Department automatically put in my House Registration ID when I renewed my driver's licenses. I cannot see any reference to the House Registration ID on my work permit, residency permit or alien book.

As I have not worked for quit some time, I did not go to the tax office yet. If this is not actually required, I would like to hear from someone with tax experience. Also, does PR change ones ID number? Thanks in advance for any information.

Edited by asiaexpat

With a little research I may have answered my own question to some extent. From the Tax Office web page:

"a taxpayer who is an individual or a payer of income who is an individual is not required to apply for a TIN if he has and uses a personal identification number (PIN) in accordance with the civilian registration law. He can use his PIN instead of TIN for tax return filing purposes."

• Like 1

FYI from Tax Office regarding Tax payer ID:

Revenue Department News

News No. : 15/2012

Date : 27 January 2012

Subject : February 1, 2012 D - Day to apply the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Mrs. Jitmanee Suwannapool, Deputy Director - General acted as the Revenue Department

spokesperson, revealed that from February 1, 2012 the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

shall be applied instead of the 10 - digit taxpayer identification number, this concerns individual

taxpayer, body of persons, company and juristic partnership for tax filing, tax payment, income tax

withholding, any contact with the Revenue Department, including any establishment of

documents related namely ; tax invoice issuing, receipt issuing, and so on. The application of the

13 - digit taxpayer identification number shall cover these following taxpayers ;

1. The individual taxpayer shall apply the 13 - digit citizen identity number issued by the

Department of Provincial Administration, Ministry of Interior as the taxpayer identification number.

2. The Thai Juristic taxpayer or Foreign Juristic taxpayer having to register or being granted

by the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce, shall apply juristic person

registration number issued by the Department of Business Development as the taxpayer

identification number.

3. The taxpayer other than 1 and 2 shall apply the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

issued by The Revenue Department.

To alleviate, the taxpayer can still apply the taxpayer identification number as it appeared

on withholding tax certificate, tax invoice, receipt and invoice until January 31, 2013.

The Spokesperson added “The application of the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

is a business data link among the Revenue Department, the Department of Business Development

and the Social Security Office in order to share the same data base, to reduce process for having

business identification number that brings convenience to the businesspersons”

Hi

So did you get your PR endorsed?

Yes. And I have exit stamps in both my passport and my PR book now. A very efficient system, I‘d say.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

Revenue Department News

Subject : February 1, 2012 D - Day to apply the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Mrs. Jitmanee Suwannapool, Deputy Director - General acted as the Revenue Department

spokesperson, revealed that from February 1, 2012 the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

shall be applied instead of the 10 - digit taxpayer identification number, this concerns individual

taxpayer, body of persons, company and juristic partnership for tax filing, tax payment, income tax

withholding, any contact with the Revenue Department, including any establishment of

documents related namely ; tax invoice issuing, receipt issuing, and so on. The application of the

13 - digit taxpayer identification number shall cover these following taxpayers ;

1. The individual taxpayer shall apply the 13 - digit citizen identity number issued by the

Department of Provincial Administration, Ministry of Interior as the taxpayer identification number.

2. The Thai Juristic taxpayer or Foreign Juristic taxpayer having to register or being granted

by the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce, shall apply juristic person

registration number issued by the Department of Business Development as the taxpayer

identification number.

3. The taxpayer other than 1 and 2 shall apply the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

To alleviate, the taxpayer can still apply the taxpayer identification number as it appeared

on withholding tax certificate, tax invoice, receipt and invoice until January 31, 2013.

The Spokesperson added “The application of the 13 - digit taxpayer identification number

is a business data link among the Revenue Department, the Department of Business Development

and the Social Security Office in order to share the same data base, to reduce process for having

I won‘t try to understand this, I‘ll just let the company‘s tax accounting people handle it.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi

To leave the country you need an endorsement of your PR book and a re-entry visa. You can either do this shortly before you leave (valid for one year) or do them yearly so that you can always leave at short notice.

Thanks. Does this also apply for other situations in which they now use the passport number, e.g. bank account?

Not in my experience. When I opened a bank account, they asked for my Alien's Book and PR because I didn't have a visa in my passport. But they never asked for the citizen's ID number (mai lek prachachon). The old Siam City Bank used to have better rates on fixed deposit accounts for residents, meaning Thais and PR holders. For this they required the ID number from a tabien ban or driving licence.

I have dealt with the revenue department many times about refunds in the last 2 years and had to give them copies of my Alien's Book and PR (I don't have a work permit at present), but they never asked for my citizen's ID number or requested that I change my tax card.

Revenue Department News

identification number.

Somewhere along the line my tax ID number was changed from a foreigners ID number issued by the Revenue Dept to my 13 digit ID number issued by the DOPA. I think my accountant made the switch for me some years ago but it could be that the Revenue Dept did it themselves. Anyway it sounds like everyone will have to switch now, whether they have PR or not.

Hi guys

I have a situation here to include my name in blue house registration, I have received my PR on 15th, my police book on 18th and then I went straight to Amphoe on 19th of this month (in my case Nakhon Rachsima) because I have built a house there some years ago and my wife is Chao baan, but we lives here in Bangkok because my children are studying on university level here.

At first they don’t understand how can I include my name in thabian baan and insist to put it in the yellow book, after 2 hours of argument they acknowledged the situation but insist that the number they are going to assign will start with”6”, arguments goes on and on until I called one of friend who obtained his thabian baan from Cha-Am to give me his 13 digits so that my amphoe can see it online after some more hours they said it will take some time to do it and they also need 4 witnesses which I can sent to amphoe directly any time convenient, later they took my statement as well as the statement of my wife, signed some papers, provide all the copies they needed. Around 3:25 they told me that I can return to Bangkok.

My witnesses went to amphoe the other day and testified and signed all the documents needed. The staff told them that they will call me as soon as the process is completed.

Guess what I have received a call last evening in very apologetic accent and they told me that they have lost my signed statement during this process and ask me to search it in my documents as if I have taken it back (which is not the case) so I told them this morning, the lady on the telephone said that they cannot proceed with out my statement so they are going to send me the forms again by mail to re-sign them.

Its been 11 days already since I received my PR and I have read that this Thabian baan thing should be completed within 14 days.

What to do guys? Any suggestions? Tomorrow is Saturday and then Sunday they will be working on Monday and then Tuesday is another official holiday. Where can I complain all this?

Hi guys I have a situation here................... to include my name in blue house registration, I have received my PR on 15th, my police book on 18th and then I went straight to Amphoe on 19th of this month (in my case Nakhon Rachsima), because I have built a house there some years ago and my wife is Chao baan, but we lives here in Bangkok because my children are studying at university level here. At first they don’t understand how can I include my name in thabian baan and insist to put it in the yellow book, after 2 hours of argument they acknowledged the situation but insist that the number they are going to assign me will start with”6”, arguments goes on and on until I called one of friends who obtained his thabian baan from Cha-Am to give me his 13 digits so that my amphoe can see it online, after some more hours they said it will take some time to do it and they also need 4 witnesses which I can sent to amphoe directly any time convenient, later they took my statement as well as the statement of my wife, signed some papers, provide all the copies they needed. Around 3:25 they told me that I can return to Bangkok. My witnesses went to amphoe the other day and testified and signed all the documents needed. The staff told them that they will call me as soon as the process is completed. Guess what! I have received a call last evening, in very apologetic accent, and they told me that they have lost my signed statement during this process, and ask me to search it in my documents as if I have taken it back (which is not the case), so I told them this morning, the lady on the telephone said that they cannot proceed with out my statement so they are going to send me the forms again by mail to re-sign them.

Its been 11 days already since I received my PR and I have read that this Thabian baan thing should be completed within 14 days.

What to do guys? Any suggestions? Tomorrow is Saturday and then Sunday they will be working on Monday and then Tuesday is another official holiday. Where can I complain all this?

well? any experience?

where to complain?

Edited by skyaslimit

Since Immigration is effectively the coordinator of the process, I'd suggest you call or visit them, tell them the situation and ask them if there's any problem in exceeding the 14 days and what you should do. Don't complain! It may be that just informing them you are running late will be enough.

I wonder if the 14 days is actually enforced and if so by whom? Because after I got my name on the Tabien Ban, immigration didn't ask to see it or even mention it.

Agree that complaining isn't likely to help much. The only suggestion I would have is if you download the appropriate DOPA manual which shows clearly the correct process. It sounds to me like you unfortunately struck an office stuck in the dark ages and they aren't following the updated manuals because for me the whole thing was done in about 2 hours - no going backwards & forwards with letters from immigration and no witnesses.

Hi guys

I have a situation here to include my name in blue house registration, I have received my PR on 15th, my police book on 18th and then I went straight to Amphoe on 19th of this month (in my case Nakhon Rachsima) because I have built a house there some years ago and my wife is Chao baan, but we lives here in Bangkok because my children are studying on university level here.

At first they don’t understand how can I include my name in thabian baan and insist to put it in the yellow book, after 2 hours of argument they acknowledged the situation but insist that the number they are going to assign will start with”6”, arguments goes on and on until I called one of friend who obtained his thabian baan from Cha-Am to give me his 13 digits so that my amphoe can see it online after some more hours they said it will take some time to do it and they also need 4 witnesses which I can sent to amphoe directly any time convenient, later they took my statement as well as the statement of my wife, signed some papers, provide all the copies they needed. Around 3:25 they told me that I can return to Bangkok.

My witnesses went to amphoe the other day and testified and signed all the documents needed. The staff told them that they will call me as soon as the process is completed.

Guess what I have received a call last evening in very apologetic accent and they told me that they have lost my signed statement during this process and ask me to search it in my documents as if I have taken it back (which is not the case) so I told them this morning, the lady on the telephone said that they cannot proceed with out my statement so they are going to send me the forms again by mail to re-sign them.

There is nothing more important to have PR approved (ask guys who are still waiting). Problem is many provincial administer don't have much clue on these procedures as this kind of procedures are rarely observed. Suggest to follow what they say and be happy. For sure next visit there you will find everyone more cooperative as they goofed up on papers.

You can contact DOPA about where to complain, www.dopa.go.th

But could let it slight as an unfortunate mishap, at most you get a sorry and they already apologized.

I think so, but does this delay effects the 14 days deadline?

Who told you there is a 14 day deadline? What are the consequences of missing it?

I'm not convinced there is a real issue here.

There is a requirement for the Alien Registration Book, but can't find one for the tabien baan:

Immigration webiste:

- The application of Alien Registration Book must be submitted at the local police station within 7 days from the date of the receiving of Residence Certificate or within 7 days from the date that such foreigner has reached the age of 12. Whoever fails to comply with this regulation will be punished as a fine 500 Baht for overdue.

- Extension fee of Alien Registration book is 200 Baht per year.

There might be a requirement to be on a tabien baan within 15 days set by the department of provincial Administration, but that will be a general requirement and if it exist wil probably also be a fine of 500 baht.

But could let it slight as an unfortunate mishap, at most you get a sorry and they already apologized.

Who told you there is a 14 day deadline? What are the consequences of missing it?

I'm not convinced there is a real issue here.

The 1 page guideline that immigration give you when issuing the residence certificate specifically says that but I can't see how it would be enforced except by the Amphur and in this case they are the ones causing the delay.

Having had practical experience of going to DOPA to complain about something when there was no other way to proceed, I think you might have more luck bashing your head against a brick wall or jumping off a tall building. They don't regard themselves as civil servants. They regard themselves as all important mandarins running the country, albeit from dingy run down offices. I would only consider that as a last resort when all other possibilities have been exhausted.

You can contact DOPA about where to complain, www.dopa.go.th But could let it slight as an unfortunate mishap, at most you get a sorry and they already apologized.
Who told you there is a 14 day deadline? What are the consequences of missing it? I'm not convinced there is a real issue here.
The 1 page guideline that immigration give you when issuing the residence certificate specifically says that but I can't see how it would be enforced except by the Amphur and in this case they are the ones causing the delay.

It is true that the immigration did handed me a 1 page guideline in english as well as in thai which clearly states that I have to obtain the police book within 7 days as well as the thabien baan within 14 days. That is I am worried about, who is going to enforce the rule? if amphoe itself then that is very fine for me to prove that I submitted my application within given time.

Edited by skyaslimit

There is a requirement for the Alien Registration Book, but can't find one for the tabien baan:

Immigration webiste:

- The application of Alien Registration Book must be submitted at the local police station within 7 days from the date of the receiving of Residence Certificate or within 7 days from the date that such foreigner has reached the age of 12. Whoever fails to comply with this regulation will be punished as a fine 500 Baht for overdue.

- Extension fee of Alien Registration book is 200 Baht per year.

There might be a requirement to be on a tabien baan within 15 days set by the department of provincial Administration, but that will be a general requirement and if it exist wil probably also be a fine of 500 baht.

After I got my PR it took several months for my landlord to agree to put me a tabien baan and then restructure some family affairs so that a relative could become the householder of that apartment building. I don't recall the district office raising any objection over the delay and there is nothing about this in the Immigration Act which governs PR. If it is an offence, it would be a minor one under the Civil Registration Act and would therefore not affect your PR status. Delaying getting your residence book or alien book, however, are serious no nos that could result in cancellation of your PR status.

You are worrying about nothing. Neither immigration or the police care when you are entered into the tabian baan. Just deal with your local district office and proceed to get it done. They will not mention the 14 days.

Just stop worrying. Nothing will happen.