toilet paper verses water spray which cleanest

opalred

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never got the hang of the bum gun. What do you use to dry yourself with after your douching?

A dedicated hand towel which is laundered regularly. IS THAT TOO HARD to comprehend?

Yes, it is. Can you please explain what is a "dedicated hand towel", I have white hand towels and a couple of other colours but not sure if I have a dedicated one.

Here it is.........

attachicon.gifbft1__57559_zoom.gif

post-71107-0-08062600-1406464214.gif

Aren't you glad your towel's writing isn't inversed?

• Like 1

Both

Bum gun first, then tissue to dry after

The most unhygienic method is the old bucket and hand.. And that's only because in places where it's the only option there is often no where to wash the hands, and even if there is there is no proper disinfectant soap. Dirty <deleted>.. This method is how disentry and typhoid is spread.

• Like 2

There are also water hose in toilets at Doha airport. I believe there are at any local people's toilets in Doha as well.

I would need both first the hose then pat dry. Imagine that spray it wet and then simply put back on underwear, that feels gross.

Never got the hang of the bum gun. What do you use to dry yourself with after your douching?

Any stray gerbils running around the bathroom work fine.

No, seriously, I find that drip dry takes about 10 seconds at this time of year. And I always wear underpants to disperse any stray droplets that might otherwise make it look like I've peed meself. I am totally with the OP on this one. Sorry Sorbent.

A dedicated hand towel which is laundered regularly. IS THAT TOO HARD to comprehend?

Don't forget, most places have paper towels. Not only for the hands. I use the blow drier, put that takes some flexibility...and just doesn't look right when someone else walks in.

Post us a selfie.

• Like 1

obsolete debate.

Thai people have chosen loo paper already.

Toilet paper aisle is the fastest growing in every supermarket nationwide.

Malls have certainly chosen toilet paper in their toilet.

It's O- V- E- R

Toilet paper aisle is for restaurants. What world are you on....?

Edited by Wedge
  • Like 1

The correct term is "will nots". They will not fall off.

I don't understand why the bum gun is rare in the west, much cleaner. Thai food? How isn't a bum gun part of your life?

• Like 1

What is dirty is to spread your shiiite on your ass with paper and then spray water because if you try to spray water on your arm after having spread shiiite it won't leave.

What is clean is to use water first and then dry with paper or towel if you need it, but usually it dries so fast that it's even useless to use paper after.

Be smart! Save the world !

• Like 2

After years of living in Asia I came to feel that wiping smearing my anus was very unclean and gross. So much so that I installed water sprayer by me toilet bowl in my USA home. It's not hard to learn efficient technique, but there is a learning curve.

• Like 2

obsolete debate.

Thai people have chosen loo paper already.

Toilet paper aisle is the fastest growing in every supermarket nationwide.

Malls have certainly chosen toilet paper in their toilet.

It's O- V- E- R

yes it is not water or paper.....nothing wrong to have both in the bathroom. I think I even saw these "wet" toilet papers in the supermarket. And for the wife...."opalred" should buy her a washing machine. I think the cheapest top loader are approx. 6000 Baht. Than she has no problem with dirty underwear.

You are 200 % right the debate is obsolete since 5-10 years at minimum.

Obsolete? Then why are you here commenting on it yet again?

Everything I would say about this topic has been mostly covered in this thread already though multiple posts combined. The water sprayer was a weird idea to me on day 1, though now wouldn't want to be without it. I can make a toilet roll last a zillion years unless I have a female partner in my house (which I don't do so much these days, more a solo guy), in which case I'd (they'd) go through a roll or so a day (they seem to have the 'urghh' factor about themselves)... If eating spicy then they are awesome and clean -no contact, and tried to explain the concept to my family/friends in the west but they didn't get it. It's a kind of 'use it then you'll understand' kind of thing.

For me, water is the winner, and a 'pat dry' is optional if it's baking heat where it's not relevant compared to the sweat equity of sitting in front of a fan or aircon. there's not much invented over here, and don't know where the concept originates, but two thumbs up [ahem] to the the inventor. Awesome and simple invention - just have to be careful about calibrating, and not giving yourself a non intentional enema until you know the water pressure and use appropriately. Squatters and a bucket of water still gives me the 'urghh' even after 8 years plus, but then I wear jeans and not traditional dress, and not really sure how to deal with the 'uak' factor.

there are two types of cultures "wet and "Dry" and in terms of cleaning that area..

Now that I have been living in Asia for about 4 years, I wouldn't have it any other way, last time I went to visit my parents, ( I keep a bedroom and bathroom, at their house, as I have lived their since childhood) I asked them to install a bum gun but my mom said, it really was different because the bathroom in the states doesn't have a drain in the bathroom to drain all the water incase it comes on the floor...that was her excuse anyway...

so much cleaner using water... as someone eluded to earlier, if you have crap on your finger, will you wipe it or use water....???

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

You lean forward to seal that end off so water doesn't spray out the front then point slightly down from the top of your crack and spray away. Wipe dry with toilet paper, roll it up and throw in the garbage can. Don't throw it down the toilet because they use narrow pipes so it's not designed for that. Since many public washrooms don't have toilet paper you usually want to carry a little something. If in a restaurant you can use napkins. If you don't have anything there is always your left hand and then drip dry. That is why it's considered disrespectful or bad manners to use your left hand for anything such as eating or shaking hands. Sucks if you're a lefty.

Spraying doesn't work so well in the western world because the ground water tends to be a LOT colder. ESPECIALLY in the winter. THAT will really wake you up in the morning!

Edited by lapd

15yrs ago in asia was shocked to use toilet with bowl of water no toilet paper then over yrs found water spray the cleanest

and cannt use toilet paper again went to oz 4yrs ago and felt dirty all time only paper and skid marks on underpants

here with water spray clean and wife happy no skid marks on underwear

While I prefer the bum gun, I've never in my entire life left skid marks on my underwear - &lt;deleted&gt;?

Lets go back to squat toilets.........what a mess, huh? You ever have an emergency and could not squat just right before getting the pants down....? Especially in those small rooms. Like spiderman, holding your balance on the side walls with your fingertips and tippytoed.