Thai Probate: is the lawyer paid retainer or is it % of estate?

submaniac

Quick question: I may need to be involved in initiating a probate proceeding in Thailand. In California (and most jurisdictions I am aware of) the probate attorney for the estate is paid via a percentage of the value of the probate estate (pursuant to the probate code) once the estate closes. I wanted to know if Thailand operates in the same manner (lawyer paid % of the estate) or is it an hourly basis with a retainer?

Thank you.

Would have thought this might be better in "ask the lawyer" let me know if you want it moved.

yes it would be better there, but I have already asked two different probate questions related to the same circumstances and the lawyer has not responded at all. Thought I would get better response here.

And yes Seastallion, 100% certain that the fees for administration of the estate paid to the lawyer are based upon a percentage of the value of the estate. see http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-probate-an-overview.html at the third topic heading "probate attorney Fees in California"