Vigo Suspension

I have just bought a new Vigo 4 door 3.0 litre diesel . The suspension and seats are like riding in a billycart .

Has anyone changed the suspension in a Vigo ? Ironman , ARB or any others ? And done anything with the seats . And maybe wider wheels / softer tyres ? I had a 2005 Vigo before , and it was no where near as rough as the new one .

I have a 2009 and it is tight....throw 5 bags of cement in the back and go for a ride...feels much better......so now you just have to find a similar adjustment

That would also increase fuel consumption , extra weight and sitting the back down , rather spend the $ on making it a more comfortable vehicle .

drove a new bt 50 and colorado last year - same experience as the OP. Maybe cause new / stiff or just it's leaf spring to begin with?

Anyways, I switched mine to Bilstein on the front a few months ago, very happy at 10k installed and will switch the rears from my old Ranchos to the Bilstein in the next few months for 6k installed by a guy here who specializes in them. He appears to do lots of Vigos from what I see on his facebook page.

Lots of brands to choose from, hot bits, gabriel, ozzy, etc etc. Monotube is the way to go in my opinion.

Showbags makes a good point, add some weight first and see if that helps. Maybe sand bags instead of cement though, can only imagine the mess if torn + rain?

Yep, a trip to your local Somchai expert will sort you out,this is my 2010 (not a fcking champ) low boy.

Selling soon, waiting to see if the local Toyo dealer will be giving 4x4's away when the new Hilux is due.xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

drove a new bt 50 and colorado last year - same experience as the OP. Maybe cause new / stiff or just it's leaf spring to begin with?

Anyways, I switched mine to Bilstein on the front a few months ago, very happy at 10k installed and will switch the rears from my old Ranchos to the Bilstein in the next few months for 6k installed by a guy here who specializes in them. He appears to do lots of Vigos from what I see on his facebook page.

Lots of brands to choose from, hot bits, gabriel, ozzy, etc etc. Monotube is the way to go in my opinion.

Showbags makes a good point, add some weight first and see if that helps. Maybe sand bags instead of cement though, can only imagine the mess if torn + rain?

I've a V-Cross, looking to do something in the suspension line ... is your 'a guy' around the BK or Nonthaburi area ... if so could you please let me have his details ... thanks

I've a V-Cross, looking to do something in the suspension line ... is your 'a guy' around the BK or Nonthaburi area ... if so could you please let me have his details ... thanks

Yep, his lil shop is located up Rachada near 38. Google Love thailand suspension. Just tell him James sent you - maybe he will give me an extra discount on my rears lol

Edited by bkkjames

A couple of large paving slabs in the back will provide some relief by preloading the springs a bit and are mostly unobrusive but there is no getting away from the fact that pickups have leaf springs, just like horse drawn wagons.......

The new model Vigo will have a much better ride apparently. The VW Amorak is very good apparently and you can spec a lighter suspension package in the back down from the one tonne carrying capacity of standard. Maybe that is the go for these pickups here! Who ever needs to carry a tonne around? In effect, doing the opposite of the beefed up heavy transport versions you always see in ditches smashed on the side of the road.

Don't forget, the brakes are also quite marginal on these things as well.

A couple of large paving slabs in the back will provide some relief by preloading the springs a bit and are mostly unobrusive but there is no getting away from the fact that pickups have leaf springs, just like horse drawn wagons.......

The new model Vigo will have a much better ride apparently. The VW Amorak is very good apparently and you can spec a lighter suspension package in the back down from the one tonne carrying capacity of standard. Maybe that is the go for these pickups here! Who ever needs to carry a tonne around? In effect, doing the opposite of the beefed up heavy transport versions you always see in ditches smashed on the side of the road.

How are the brakes marginal on a newish truck - disc front, drum rear, abs, ebd etc etc?

When You live in the Mountains half the year James, every time you look over a drop there's a Hi Racer or an SUV...sorry if that upsets a few neurotics.Facts can be unpleasant.coffee1.gif

Probably because in the hills and mountains are more trucks

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When You live in the Mountains half the year James, every time you look over a drop there's a Hi Racer or an SUV...sorry if that upsets a few neurotics.Facts can be unpleasant.coffee1.gif

Reading between the lines then one should buy a 4X4 pickup, not the Hi-Rider.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

This is called selective perception.

How are the brakes marginal on a newish truck - disc front, drum rear, abs, ebd etc etc?

Had a 2005 Vigo, the brakes were terrible. Small front discs drum rear on a large pickup. Don't think they have upped the size or put discs on the rear since then? My subaru xv has larger front discs than that Vigo.

Had a 2005 Vigo, the brakes were terrible. Small front discs drum rear on a large pickup. Don't think they have upped the size or put discs on the rear since then? My subaru xv has larger front discs than that Vigo.

The 2014 Vigo is the same as the 2005 one... just a bit of extra lipstick to try any make it look pretty.

Has anybody here had problems with Vigo brakes...?

The 2014 Vigo is the same as the 2005 one... just a bit of extra lipstick to try any make it look pretty.

I wonder if they may try to make it more "Tacoma-like?" That would be a more interesting truck for us.

put 340mm prado brakes, makes a big difference...

On my truck I have adjustable rear shocks. 1 setting is very soft.. OK for city but prefer 7 or 9 for highways or hauling something heavy. 5 is a decent compromise for Bangkok because I try to use the expressway as much as possible and I can't be bothered to keep going under the truck to change them all the time. Lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app