Ducati Monster 821 to replace 796 in Thailand. Soon...

Shurup

You have to compare with European () prices cant compare US Prices. So for example in Germany the 899 is 15,490 euros multiplied by a exchange rate of 44 iam at 681,560 baht. Which means iam paying 67,440 baht / 1,532 euros more in Thailand; which i am ok with. It is about the same as for the monster or hypermotard you pay about 1,000 euros more here. Well with that "sepcial" offer iam getting a termi slip-on worth about 1800 euros so in the end iam actually saving 300 eurosw00t.gif

Shows that math can be bent all sorts of ways if there is a will! The termi is $2,200 in the USA.

But who am I to correct your calculations and spoil the fun. Enjoy the ride, man! smile.png

2200 usd is 1650 euros according to google today.

Hili stated it was worth 1800 euros. So he's out by about 150 euros or 200 dollars. Not really bending the maths too much, especially once the customs see that 2200 dollar exhaust wink.png

Hmm... I just thought the 899 was more expensive than back home, while the Hyper for example is cheaper here. But if you add 1800 EUR (the US price was w/o tax), then it's pretty comparable. So now I'll do the calculations again.

Price in Austria/Europe in THB

899 Panigale EUR 17,600 = THB 750,000

899 Panigale + EUR 1,800 Termi slip-on: 19,400 = THB 825,000

Hypermotard 821 EUR 13,500 = THB 574,000

So now.. I have to agree, the 899 for 750k with termignoni slip on is a pretty good deal. Cheaper than in Europe by 75,000 Baht!

The reason the 899 is "so expensive" here is that it's an expensive bike! US prices don't include VAT and vehicles are always cheapest in the USA so not really something to compare to.

We can hope for Ducati Thailand offering the 899 eventually for around 680k Baht.

Edited by nikster

But in the meantime, what are the viable options of a large capacity bike at reasonable price in Thailand?

ER6 - largish but still need to ring the neck out of it.

Z800 - heavy

??

Beside Ducati, the only other option I've considered in over 650 but under 1000 cc class is the BMW F800R (440k baht?)

get a second hand monster 795 and call it a day shurup. ýou can get one for 300 - 320 k thb.

then maybe other models arrive soon or get cheaper, you can sell and change it easily.

that is good enough for thailand and still a ducati monster.

Might do just that and wait until new Monster comes out at the sane prices and then upgrade.

There are really some good deals on 795, like this one:

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/almost-new-ducati-monster-795-abs-crazy-cheap-at-only-340k-182998?doqs=1

I'm heading back to work tomorrow and when I'm back in one month, I'll check this one out, it it's not gone by then.

Edited by Shurup

^ yep, the other good thing about having the Termi fitted as stock is it removes any potential issues about warranty and legality.

This bike has really grabbed me by the balls. I was going to wait for the 2015 litre bikes, but the looks of this thing blew me away, the ergonomics fit me perfectly and it's got all the safety features I want (ABS, DTC etc). Plus the quick shifter, Brembo's etc.

All the reviews on YouTube etc say this is a great bike.

I'm off to BangNa after work to place my deposit biggrin.png

Congrats! Welcome to the club biggrin.png

The looks of this bike really are sublime; honestly the best looking bike in the market, along with the 1199 of course. Compared to the 1199, the 899 is a "more sensible" choice, more practical, and it's still got more power than you'll ever need.

If the looks don't sway you, then there's still 150HP at 193 kg wet weight. Crazy! smile.png

I'd get one too if I wanted a sports bike. Start an 899 thread when you get it smile.png

I've seen the white 899, and sat on it in the showroom and it's absolutely gorgeous in matte-metallic white (arctic white). But the red one looks even better.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

Got hold of some info from one of the dealers regarding the new 821. As posted previously - currently 799K baht on pre-order (imported from Italy). And end of winter 2015 should be available locally for around 500K. Pity as I would have probably gone and picked one up in the next 2 weeks if they were local prices.

this was what i was thinking but it is not the case anymore.

Ducati got greedy again as then i would like to ask how come they can sell hypermotard at 12,000 USD - 10,000 GBP bike elsewhere for a reasonable 500 K THB and a 15,000 USD - 12,500 GBP 899 for 750 K THB!

You have to compare with European (€) prices cant compare US Prices. So for example in Germany the 899 is 15,490 euros multiplied by a exchange rate of 44 iam at 681,560 baht. Which means iam paying 67,440 baht / 1,532 euros more in Thailand; which i am ok with. It is about the same as for the monster or hypermotard you pay about 1,000 euros more here. Well with that "sepcial" offer iam getting a termi slip-on worth about 1800 euros so in the end iam actually saving 300 euros w00t.gif

yes, only for some European countries.

But UK is also a European country moreover for example in Spain, price difference is also 130 k thb.

Sure, Ducati is charging extra for for Termignoni at involuntarily basis.

anyway man, great bike.

congrats for the lucky owners.

happy and safe rides!

• Like 1

and any comments about heat issue?

Does it have classic Ducati caprice towards hot weather?

If you guys report a good long term report and if Ducati decreases the price a bit - at least dont charge for Termignoni - i might think more about this bike.

Envy the owners nowangry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

If you guys report a good long term report and if Ducati decreases the price a bit - at least dont charge for Termignoni - i might think more about this bike.

How long can this envy last, when you have 750k burning a hole in your pocket?!

Hahaha

Random guess at heat issue is that heat is fine for the bike but the rider will get a little cooked at times. You are riding a 190kg bike that makes 150 hp - something's got to give!

Hahaha

Random guess at heat issue is that heat is fine for the bike but the rider will get a little cooked at times. You are riding a 190kg bike that makes 150 hp - something's got to give!

Never heard from overheating problem of the newer duc models (hypermotard, panigale) yes they get really hot but not to a critical technical harmful point as some of the older models tended to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha

Yes that's what I read on the forums, it can get a bit hot on the arse and the right leg in heavy traffic on a hot day, but so did my GSXR (the inside of both thighs were visibly red for a couple of hours after mid-day Bangkok rides).

It's fine on the open road, and that's where I intend to ride it. Anyway, we're derailing this thread, so I started a thread for the 899 as I guess a few forum members will buy this bike....

Hahaha

it is not about the money Nikster.

Although 899 is a masterpiece, I like inline four bikes especially liter supersport ones. also never find Ducati products trustable although the probably they are the most exciting ones.

and instead of 750 k for duc 899, i prefer to put additional 200k thb and get the bmw s1000rr.

My problem is, i dont have any plans in life and can leave a country very fast suddenly. It happened before a couple of times and i needed to offload houses, furniture, household, bikes etc and lost a lot of money, time and morale along with the hassle.

So, that is why i am looking for cheaper options. I am actually set for a honda cbr1000rr next year, maybe a second hand one but even that i am still thinking. honda cbr650f is also a great bike and a blast and fits my needs fully. not sure a supersport can fit my needs as good as a cbr650f but then cbr650f will not be satisfying my fix for speed soon too!

• Like 1

Couldn't help myself and wait until next year sometime for the M821 ......... Paid for a new Monster 796 and pick up tomorrow :) Decided the 899 wasn't a good choice around Pattaya (too much slow speed traffic, rock strikes to fairing, fairing to low to ground to clear speed bumps and curb rises).

• Like 2

Congrats man! Were there any special deals on 796's?

Same price you got the other day - 449,500 ride away with insurance, rego etc. just have to think about whether to get the carbon termis fitted before pickup or not. Bit of power boost with them but man are they loud without the baffles!

Will be interesting to see if the prices get any lower closer to the m821 launch. Either way there is a lot of m796 being bought at this price point already.

Same price you got the other day - 449,500 ride away with insurance, rego etc. just have to think about whether to get the carbon termis fitted before pickup or not. Bit of power boost with them but man are they loud without the baffles!

Will be interesting to see if the prices get any lower closer to the m821 launch. Either way there is a lot of m796 being bought at this price point already.

Dont get the Termis! They are far the expensive; check SC-Project....

• Like 1

Sc project look good but by the time I ship it here and pay customs duty, it will work out more expensive than than the term - Termi currently priced at 49K with new ECU and air filter upgrade. If you know of anywhere to get the SC project in Thailand cheaper?

Sc project look good but by the time I ship it here and pay customs duty, it will work out more expensive than than the term - Termi currently priced at 49K with new ECU and air filter upgrade. If you know of anywhere to get the SC project in Thailand cheaper?

G–force is the official sc-project dealer in thailand. Just google i believe they go for 3k something…

• 2 months later...

Which Ducati show rooms let you test ride Hypermotard/Hyperstrada/Diavel?

Ever since I got upset at Ducati deciding to import Monster 821 and not make one locally, l was thinking about different models. Out of all the Ducati bikes, the only other that I really like is Diavel, but I couldn't swallow the insane price tag they ask for it. Another Ducati that I like for what it offers but not much for how it looks is Hyper.

So I went to Korat yesterday with the intention to test ride a few bikes and they said "cannot". They only offer test rides on Monster, Multistrada and another one I forgot, and I'm not interested in any of those 3. Well, can't buy a bike without trying 1st. And since Diavel's price went down to 900K for the black version, I'm thinking about it now. May just get the bike I like and enjoy riding it.

Ducati Phuket has the Hyperstrada for test ride and another one which I forgot... Give them a call and make sure but I'm quite certain the Hyperstrada at least can be tested.

Is it final that they wont make the 821 locally? That would be a big shame...

Phuket is a little far for me to go test ride a bike. Hoping for something closer like BKK or Pattaya?

Pattaya, I did a testride on a Hyperstrada there begining this year.

You ride alone so you can do whatever you want, Thai bike licence and proper gear is a must. 15.000baht you will pay if something goes wrong.

Awesome bike by the way, a real hooligan bike, I was grinning from ear to ear when I rode it.

• Like 2

http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

Those finance offers are hard to pass up. Don't understand why I don't see that many more on the roads.

Financing a depreciating asset is a dark hole

For instance on that 796 Corse Stripe

Down is 89,990 baht

48 monthly payments of 6997 baht = 335,856 baht

PLUS a balloon payment in the end of 99,990 baht

For the total price of.......... 525,836

They throw in registration, tank pad, a 5k voucher to buy stuff from them, & maintenance for 2 years or 12k kilometers

But the first big maintenance comes after 12k kilo is hit so not much more than oil & filters is what they are giving

But in any case 525,836 for a monster 796?

Your lucky to get 300-350 if you sell after 2 years

Then you also get to buy 1st class insurance for 4 years during financing as the bike is not yours

till paid in full so 1st class it is ( good idea regardless but still an expense to add on )

Financing bikes or any depreciating asset........not a great idea........About the only thing good for financing back in the USA was a home as

the interest was deductible of your income taxes

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Those finance offers are hard to pass up. Don't understand why I don't see that many more on the roads.

Financing a depreciating asset is a dark hole

For instance on that 796 Corse Stripe

Down is 89,990 baht

48 monthly payments of 6997 baht = 335,856 baht

PLUS a balloon payment in the end of 99,990 baht

For the total price of.......... 525,836

They throw in registration, tank pad, a 5k voucher to buy stuff from them, & maintenance for 2 years or 12k kilometers

But the first big maintenance comes after 12k kilo is hit so not much more than oil & filters is what they are giving

But in any case 525,836 for a monster 796?

Your lucky to get 300-350 if you sell after 2 years

Then you also get to buy 1st class insurance for 4 years during financing as the bike is not yours

till paid in full so 1st class it is ( good idea regardless but still an expense to add on )

Financing bikes or any depreciating asset........not a great idea........About the only thing good for financing back in the USA was a home as

the interest was deductible of your income taxes

I would never finance one.

I am just amazed not to see more on the road with such low repayments.

I'm a BMW 9t man.

• Like 1

I'm a BMW 9t man.

There are quite a few up here in ChiangMai on the road...especially their lowest cost Monster Models

But also many HyperMotards & Strada's although I mainly see Falangs on those

But that 7k payment is not too low for most Thai's which is why I see so many for sale soon after purchase &

with very low mileage. But.........once financed there is no way out as the financing must still be paid

in full, meaning, no pre-payment breaks.

Makes them not attractive to most buyers as the price is still higher than new cash price.

But other Thai's do buy them if the down is low enough from the reseller

since they will now try to scrap up the 7k for a few months payments.

That BMW must be nice..Congrats

Edited by mania

I'm a BMW 9t man.

There are quite a few up here in ChiangMai on the road...especially their lowest cost Monster Models

But also many HyperMotards & Strada's although I mainly see Falangs on those

But that 7k payment is not too low for most Thai's which is why I see so many for sale soon after purchase &

with very low mileage. But.........once financed there is no way out as the financing must still be paid

in full, meaning, no pre-payment breaks.

Makes them not attractive to most buyers as the price is still higher than new cash price.

But other Thai's do buy them if the down is low enough from the reseller

since they will now try to scrap up the 7k for a few months payments.

That BMW must be nice..Congrats

Been a nightmare actually.

Host of problems still trying to rectify through warranty. Fuelling problem now.Been in the shop more than on the road.

Gets flat tyres it you hit a slight pot hole.

In this day and age it still runs a tubed tire.

Thats what you get for first run bike.

I'd not finance the bike, cash only.

Been thinking about Diavel Dark more and more recently since the price came down to 899,000, but now I see the new "Special" pricing of 919,000 so thought WTH? Didn't know you get a 20,000 THB cash back voucher if paying cash so it's still 899,000. Would prefer though to just pay 899K without any vouchers.

Will go to Pattaya in about a week to try Hyperstrada and possibly Diavel if they offer them for testing.