Ducati Monster 821 to replace 796 in Thailand. Soon...

Shurup

http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

Those finance offers are hard to pass up. Don't understand why I don't see that many more on the roads.

I'd not finance the bike, cash only.

Been thinking about Diavel Dark more and more recently since the price came down to 899,000, but now I see the new "Special" pricing of 919,000 so thought WTH? Didn't know you get a 20,000 THB cash back voucher if paying cash so it's still 899,000. Would prefer though to just pay 899K without any vouchers.

Will go to Pattaya in about a week to try Hyperstrada and possibly Diavel if they offer them for testing.

Shurup the price gone up a bit becasue now they are selling the new facelifted model. Dont think they still sell the "old" model.

Shurup the price gone up a bit becasue now they are selling the new facelifted model. Dont think they still sell the "old" model.

Oh, that may explain. So they have cleaned out the old stock at the reduced prices and now have the new models. Didn't notice any difference but I didn't look hard.

It's still 899k though, including the voucher.

Anyone knows where the immigration office in Korat is? I'll need to get the residency certificate once I'm back to Thailand in 5 days. Korat is the closest place to where I live in moo ban.

Can the residency cert. be obtained from other provinces / cities? How long it usually takes to get it? If I travel to Pattaya and buy a bike there, can I get this paper in Pattaya?

Never had to bother with this before as everything else that I "own" is in the wife's name so in reality I don't own anything, but this new bike will be on my name.

I am pretty sure a residence certificate has to be done in the province you live in.

I am also pretty sure you can't test ride a Diavel in Pattaya as they don't sell them like hot cakes, perhaps BKK?

Have you considered a used one and save yourself a huge amount of money?

I am pretty sure a residence certificate has to be done in the province you live in.

I am also pretty sure you can't test ride a Diavel in Pattaya as they don't sell them like hot cakes, perhaps BKK?

Have you considered a used one and save yourself a huge amount of money?

Diavel I can buy without testing, Hyperstrada I want to test. Thinking about one of these 2 but with each passing day leaning more and more towards Diavel.

I've been checking used bikes too and so far haven't seen any huge savings (considering the bike cost), so will go with new.

Wouldn't want to test ride in BKK anyway, there's no where to open it up to test it, I try to avoid BKK even when I drive a car, hate all the traffic.

Here's a site I've been checking.

http://www.ducatibikersthailand.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=b46dd0b66d545b53c5ecc336c3f4d58a&board=35.0

If there's another good site that I can check for the used Ducatis, please share.

The 2nd hand bikes I looked at, I pass those that are still on finance and those with lots of mods and silly stickers. Want a stock bike or as close to stock as possible. When Thai start tinkering with a bike, it's pretty much <deleted>.

Are the aftermarket panniers available for the Diavel? Ducati Canada shows they're available at $1400 for a set with all the necessary mounting hardware, but the Ducati Thailand shows as not available, and if available, they're even more expensive in Thailand. $1400 is already a lot.

If I get some givi or whatever else, even in the smaller size, that'd be great. Need to carry a compressor, a tire puncture kit and a few other gadgets with me on the longer trips.

Anyone knows where the immigration office in Korat is? I'll need to get the residency certificate once I'm back to Thailand in 5 days. Korat is the closest place to where I live in moo ban.

Can the residency cert. be obtained from other provinces / cities? How long it usually takes to get it? If I travel to Pattaya and buy a bike there, can I get this paper in Pattaya?

Never had to bother with this before as everything else that I "own" is in the wife's name so in reality I don't own anything, but this new bike will be on my name.

No idea if you need to obtain the residency cert within your zone but If you can obtain from different zones, there is a large Land department office in Jomtien where you can get the cert. Takes all of about 30mins inclduing getting a passport photo next door.

• Like 1

No idea if you need to obtain the residency cert within your zone but If you can obtain from different zones, there is a large Land department office in Jomtien where you can get the cert. Takes all of about 30mins inclduing getting a passport photo next door.

You can get residency certificates at the Land Department? I was pretty sure only immigration does those. If that's true, it might be a nicer experience than the immigration offices in many places...

You can get residency certificates at the Land Department? I was pretty sure only immigration does those. If that's true, it might be a nicer experience than the immigration offices in many places...

You are correct Jomtien Immigration dept - not land department. Thats what I get for trying to rush a post using the iphone and having it autocorrect.

Shurup - Try +66 38 414 888 for Ducati Pattaya. If that doesnt work, let me know as I have a mobile # for one of the sales girls.

Edited by powdermonkey

Had my wife calling the Ducati Pattaya (thanks @powdermonkey your number works!). They said they have the Diavels in stock so no wait time, can pick one up right there.

They also mentioned that there will be a 20,000 THB discount on Motorshow in BKK from Nov28-Dec10.

Do they talk about the same discount as in the link (20,000 THB cash back voucher)?

http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

Or there might be some additional discounts? I'll be at work from Nov 9 to Dec 10 so will miss the motorshow.

http://www.motorexpo.co.th/2014/

If there might be additional discounts at the motorshow, I'd like to ask if it's possible for someone to purchase a bike on someone else's name?

Please ignore my previous post, a calendar inside my head was one month off.

It's all good, I will be in Thailand fir the motor show.

about to reply your post to recommend you to get it from Motor expo.

you get discount, some extras and if finance you get better interest rates there.

moreover, pretties are sure better than the guys at Pattaya showroom:)

great bike Ducati Diavel is. Dream cruiser for me.

• Like 1

you get discount, some extras and if finance you get better interest rates there.

Great if there are some more discounts and freebies and even better if I can pick one up right there!

My wife will go with me so can't flirt with pretties. :(

Ducati isn't marketing Diavel as a cruiser, but people called it a cruiser and so it stuck to it.

It can be a sports bike if I want, or a cruiser/tourer... I fits many categories.

Great if there are some more discounts and freebies and even better if I can pick one up right there!

My wife will go with me so can't flirt with pretties. :(

Ducati isn't marketing Diavel as a cruiser, but people called it a cruiser and so it stuck to it.

It can be a sports bike if I want, or a cruiser/tourer... I fits many categories.

I call it power cruiser. Good allrounder bike too as you said and fast on twisties unlike any cruiser before IMO. - honda valkyrie 6 cylinder sold at bigwing

is also a good power cuiser option in thailand which is cheaper than diavel too. I rode one and it is also a dynamic cruiser deserves the name power cruiser.

Edited by ll2

The first time I saw a Diavel years ago, I didn't think of it as a cruiser, it's "muscular" look doesn't make it a cruiser in my eyes, to me it looked like a sports bike, with somewhat lowered seat. And if we get into details, there are many things on it that resemble a sports bike more than the cruiser.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't mind what other's call it. :)

The first time I saw a Diavel years ago, I didn't think of it as a cruiser, it's "muscular" look doesn't make it a cruiser in my eyes, to me it looked like a sports bike, with somewhat lowered seat. And if we get into details, there are many things on it that resemble a sports bike more than the cruiser.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't mind what other's call it. smile.png

it is jack of all trades bike shurup.

people call it power cruiser just because foot pegs are located froward and it has an upright position.

dont forget: 'it is what you make for it':) at the end.

Yup, the lowered seat and slightly forward foot pegs are the only resemblance to the cruiser. I was sitting on one today in one of the bike shops in Edmonton, Canada. Foot pegs aren't too far forward so it's not too bad, I like to stand up sometimes to release the pressure in the butt when on longer rides. Couldn't do that with my Yamaha cruiser and that is one of the things I hate about this bike. I don't think it will be an issue with Diavel.

The guy at the bike shop was bored and didn't even notice me for a while, I was the only customer at that store and it's the largest bike store in Edmonton, LOL.

No wonder, with all the snow storms and -18C temperatures, not many people are interested in the 2 wheelers.

• Like 1

Folks, a tricky question: If someone bought a bike and then their visa status changes for whatever reason, can that person still keep and use the bike coming here on a tourist visa?

Only thinking about the future in case shit happens, don't want to lose the bike.

I know the selling might be an issue but what about just keeping it and continue using it? Any issues with tax and insurance renewals?

Folks, a tricky question: If someone bought a bike and then their visa status changes for whatever reason, can that person still keep and use the bike coming here on a tourist visa?

Only thinking about the future in case shit happens, don't want to lose the bike.

I know the selling might be an issue but what about just keeping it and continue using it? Any issues with tax and insurance renewals?

no problem at all!

• Like 1

I know that Mrs. dave_boo gathers up all the green books and the two house books (her mom's included) and goes takes care of all and everything at one time. Don't think the Departments much care as long as they get their money. Insurance company doesn't care who puts money in either.

I don't know about selling the bikes though.

That's great! So you're saying they don't ask for residency certificate in Pattaya? It doesn't sound right. Maybe some bike shops don't but not all?

No that is not was I was trying to say.

I said that you can get the RC with a tourist visa and a rental contract for condo/house or house/condo book.

I got a yellow house book myself now which means I never again needs a RC for buying/selling bikes/cars.

That's great! So you're saying they don't ask for residency certificate in Pattaya? It doesn't sound right. Maybe some bike shops don't but not all?

No that is not was I was trying to say.

I said that you can get the RC with a tourist visa and a rental contract for condo/house or house/condo book.

I got a yellow house book myself now which means I never again needs a RC for buying/selling bikes/cars.

Until you move home (possibly)